Just recently started playing, already bored due to the MAX

Discussion in 'MAX' started by mikesierra, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Dragonblood

yeah, but the HA just respawns.....
  2. 13lackCats

Counting paper clips is not a challenge. It is a task.

Perhaps combined arms games aren't for you. Neither is a game that allows players free-will.

Good luck in your endeavors.
  3. Stargazer86

Not necessarily. I had just killed 8 of them, after all. And I'm not saying there is a problem, per se. It's just disheartening to go on a rather epic run like that only to have all your work undone by rezzing medics.
  4. Radec594

I'm sorry but this thread is pure whining and plain stupid.
    Stop asking for nerfs just because YOU don't like being killed by something, stop being a damn scrub and start adapting.

If anything, the MAX needs to be harder to pull but way stronger against infantry; right now 3 guys focusing their fire on a MAX will take it down in 2 seconds.

Don't ask for what has been done to MBTs to be done on other things in this game, or it'll turn into a CoD clone pretty soon.
    The problem isn't singular strength, the problem is being able to spam things, just like MBTs.
  5. 01101010

Yellow ammo > MAX

oh wait...
  6. X3Killjaeden

lol barbeque? If TR maxes are "not that great either", how comes that TR maxes can get a boatload of kills in close to medium range fights? Are you just commenting based on pre-NCmax-nerf forum opinion? You have seriously no idea. Keep on pretending they are not good and whine, while your comrades own infantry [IMG]
    Every AI max is a force to be reckoned with in a towerfight for example, not just NC max. Unless they are played stupid.

They can be countered with HA, you just have to keep your ears open for metal stomping and ES AI guns, take your launcher and get the jump on them. In case of NC max you want 30+m between you. Distance doesnt hurt against other maxes either. Rocket hit and rest salvo of LMG -> dead max before he can kill you most of the time. If there is no distance use rocketlauncher and pop back to cover, take auto-shotgun and charge him from another side.

I started hunting maxes yesterday in towerfights because they where locking our defenses down. And thats how i did it.

Uncerted maxes are basically no real threat to anyone. Not to vehicles, not to air and not to infantry. Then you could also say that MBTs or ESF shouldn't be usable without certs, they are way more powerfull then an uncerted max.
    Everyone in this game respawns or is revived after a few seconds. That's how this game works. Bring more people to push and exploit their gap in the defense. Otherwise you shouldnt complain. And how is 200 ressources wasted if it enabled you to kill 8 people, one of them a max ??? Other people lay down 3 AP mines and get 3 people for 225 ressources. And only if none of them had flak armor.
  7. Stargazer86

True enough. But how many people actually pull a MAX if they don't have dual weapons for them?

And yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. In the original cert system for PS1, you had to spend points just to be able to pull a tank or ESF. Those who didn't spend points on them didn't get to use them. It cut down on spam of many things when you actually had to make choices of what you wanted to use, rather than being able to use everything.

I suppose I shouldn't say wasted. 1 person killing 8 is excellent, after all. But after going on a killing spree like that, it just feels disappointing to watch all that hard work be undone by a couple medics rezzing. Drop 2 C4, kill a MAX twice, kill a bunch more, and they all wind up back on their feet right afterwards.
  8. X3Killjaeden

I didnt play PS1, but i guess it didnt take so long to unlock things? Because thats the biggest downer in this game. Unlocking takes ages for new players (especially casual) if they first jump in. Not getting access to powerfull(/ fun to use) stuff is not a good way to entertain. "Wanna drive tank? No, sry bro you cant have that, you havent got pwned as infantry long enough". Bad players don't last long in vehicles/max suits anyway.
    I recently introduced my friend (casual gamer) to ps2, guess what his stats where after 2 hours? 7 kills, 32 deaths.

Such limits only make it harder to get into for average people, making it even more easier for people who have alot of time and have/optained skill using. If at all you should limit good people more (or the same) as new players. That would make more sense.
    Uncerted max timer is like 10min? certed it's half that...
  9. Stargazer86

In PS1, you could do anything right off the bat. You just couldn't do everything. You were given a certain amount of cert points to spend if you did the VR training, so you could be a dedicated tank driver, or fly, or carry heavy weapons within about an hour of playtime. A new player could run around with the exact same stuff a veteran used, he simply wouldn't have as much of it. So as you leveled up in rank, you could be a tank driver and an engineer. Level up some more and you could add a buggy, and then maybe an AMS, ect.

Every so often, I think it was 24hrs, you could drop something you certed into in order to regain your points and place them into something else. Discovered you don't like flying? Drop the certs you placed into mosquitos and put them into medic.

So no, it didn't take long a decent amount of things that put you on the exact same level as a veteran. You just had less options overall.
  10. X3Killjaeden

Dumbfire launcher is all you need. HA is the class to go if you want to solo a max with no cert investment. Bring a buddy and this thing is going to be a walk in the park.
    If i know there is a max around max i equip HA, even though i have LA with 2 C4 unlocked. I don't have to get on top of them, the only "tricky" part is hitting with the missile... Even if you die after hitting him with a missile he will have to run away to get repaired or die against the next enemy he encounters.
  11. X3Killjaeden

Doesn't sound bad, but this just doesn't work with F2P because the whole purpose is to get people to unlock weapons with cash - which wouldn't "motivate" as much as the current system, since you can unlock all the big weapons every 24h and play the full game. So i can see why they changed it and they are not going to change that (would also cause alot of uproar if they did).
  12. travbrad

Completely wrong sorry. LA is one of the best classes in the game for killing MAXs, just drop some C4 on them from above. Even as an infiltrator you can kill a MAX if you are smart about it. Drop some bouncing betties, get the MAX to chase you into them, and shoot them from behind, cloak, etc. I play a lot of infiltrator and have killed plenty of MAXs with it.

The key to fighting a MAX is to keep them off balance. Fighting head to head really isn't going to work unless you are a MAX yourself or can overwhelm them with numbers.
  13. MrBubbly

LA with C4 says hi, like 75% of max's still don't look up you can sneak up on them even in bio labs if you know where they are. I killed 3 NC maxes defending a stairway in a bio lab with one brick of C4 today non of them looked up, after they were dealt with the rest of the squad rolled in and took the position preventing the NC maxes from rolling in and taking their spot back. I kill more maxes on my LA than any of my other classes, in my opinion they are very well suited to deal with max units since an LA will be able to overwhelm a max with its mobility so the max will not be able to keep up with the LA. The max units with the exception of the VS max are fine (VS max does need some loving) NC max has been brought down to a reasonable level, and TR max is pretty decently balanced, thought AV weapons were recently changed and it seems no one is really happy with them now.

Point is maxes are easily dealt with, there are many tactics to fighting a max, that also includes sometimes running away to live another day. If you expect to just 1v1 a max head on as an infantry just trading bullets like baseball cards you will lose and die. They cost resources and have a cool down they are suppose to be stronger than an average infantry soldier, deal with it.
  14. Patrician

Sorry, I thought from your post that you were just another nerf request; again many apologies.
  15. Tommyp2006

My typical combo for killing a max

Throw grenade
    Fire rocket
    Grenade blows up while switching to primary weapon
    Unload with primary weapon. Max dead in less than 10 seconds.
    You just gotta stay out of their effective range to kill them.

It's even faster with anti vehicle grenade. They're dead after the grenade and rocket if they don't have flak armor.
    Killing maxes is way too easy.
  16. BadLlama

I have over 10,000 Certs invested into my MAX and still a day 1 minute 1 HA can hit me in the face with a rocket and then unload their LMG into my face and I will be dead in 10 seconds, having to wait for my remaining timer and hope I have enough resources to pull it again. The MAX is far more balance right now then it ever has been the entire time PS2 has been in development.

Lets not forget that Flashbangs and concussion grenades are completely op against a max and makes it so they literally just stand there and get ripped to shreds by small arms fire. Not to mention C4, hell even Anti-Tank mines can be used. UBGL on carbines and medic rifle.. the list in endless on the number of ways to gib half a MAX's life in a second.