Just recently started playing, already bored due to the MAX

Discussion in 'MAX' started by mikesierra, Apr 20, 2013.

1. mikesierra

This class is just boring and stupid to play against. Either you have to get a max yourself or everyone has to spam anti-vehicle weapons to counter them. There's very little choice in gameplay when having to fight a throng of maxes defending a base. Infiltrator, LA, medic, eng all pretty useless against them. Try to put a turret down and you get instagibbed. And this is what I face pretty much every engagement, nothing but maxes, a few engineers, and a couple medics. This is so boring to me, I'm pretty much done already. If you wanna fix it, this class needs more vulnerabilities, even if you have to make it stronger, or just get rid of them completely. They are anti fun
    • Up x 6
  2. NoctD

Welcome to MAXside 2.0. Its only going to get worse, the MAX is getting more goodies soon.
    • Up x 1
  3. Roarboar

Its pretty apparent that you just started playing the game. VS maxes are useless, TR maxes are not that great either, whereas NC maxes are indeed OP. Also, they have MORE than enough counters. I would even suggest that they need their health increased by 30% or so.
    • Up x 3
  4. FateJH

You must be fighting the NC a lot, I take it. Get out of those Bio Labs.
    If you're losing to MAXes at a distance or in other situations ... well ... did you ever think that maybe it's you?

P.S.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 32
  5. ih8Darian

Lol this thread.
    "Infiltrator, LA, medic, eng all pretty useless against them. "
    Infiltrator is kinda useless against them. LA = C4 and shotguns, can take out a max without him even knowing. Medic can also have C4 (good option). Engineer can use AV turrets. 3v1 small arms only infantry v max can take him out most of the times (unless he is a pro or is an NC max, don't play as NC in real combat)
    This class has tons of vulnerabilities and is slightly hard to get kills unless you have a pro max. These things are really fun and I love going against them, probably only 3% of my deaths (or less) or from enemy maxes.
    Edit: To roarboar NC maxes are not that OP, I've tried them (only in VR) and it seems like they can die easy, and I almost always win 1v1 NC max with me having dual cosmos.
    • Up x 2
  6. mikesierra

Are you serious? Getting killed by something I don't have unlocked? I'm pretty sure anyone can play max...?

The class has a lot of vulnerabilities... HAHA that's FUNNY. What vulnerabilities? That they are less mobile? OOOOH WOW! They can still take more damage than any other class and put out more damage than any other class. That's not debatable. Usually such power in games is countered by having a very OBVIOUS, exploitable weakness. Armor in Halo? Very exposed, can't hide from anti-armor, can be sniped in a small area. What weakness does the max have that EVERY other class doesn't have? Nothing. You can say it is "vulnerable" to anti-vehicle weapons when in fact that really ISN'T true because all other infantry are vulnerable to such weapons, and more so than maxes. The fact that they are more vulnerable to such munitions than small arms is irrelevant. That doesn't make it a weakness.
  7. almagester

That's entirely the point: team work and combined arms. You must understand that MAX suits cost resources and are subject to a waiting period before you can pull another because they reinforce groups infantry, spear-head assaults and generally cause lots of mayhem. The MAX units (of all factions) are certainly in need of some redesign; however, failure to defeat a MAX unit face to face is your failing, not the game's. Instead of running to the forums to complain about what is "anti-fun" perhaps you should learn from your failure and adapt. MAX's have tremendous weaknesses; it's up to you and your team-mates to find them and take advantage of them.

In other words, L2P.
    • Up x 5
  8. LT_Latency

I agree the maxes need to be returned a bit.

Maxes should be strong with a eng and them together. But maxes also insane alone and they have to much health, You can unload your whole heavy clip into their back and they can still turn around and blow you away.

Biolabs are a mess because of them. it always just a ton of maxes sitting by the spawn entrances
  9. ih8Darian

Sounds like someones been killed by too many maxes. Maybe you should go back to playing CoD?
    Maybe you should try playing a max, and see how many kills you can get before you get C4/Rocketed.
    Also, how the **** am I supposed to find a weakness that only the maxes have? Maybe, just maybe, the other classes have the same weakness as a max because they are ******* WEAPONS.
    Also please note that I'm using caps lock like you to emphasize my point :)
    • Up x 2
  10. Caydn

You could always just stick to playing with lego .
    • Up x 11
  11. Xind

These days a dual Mercy MAX has less DPS than a single Armistice, but it has more ammo. I guess it's more durable than an infiltrator, but with the reduction of damage it's much easier to run/fly up and drop c4 on them. VS MAXs aren't that scary either...you must be fighting NC because if you're not and complaining about MAXs the game is better off without you contributing your inability to play to it.

Do vehicles and aircraft have weaknesses? Not specifically. I mean, they're weak to AA or AV weapons in that only those weapons can affect them. MAX suits are vehicles, not infantry. They're just infantry sized.
    • Up x 1
  12. Holomang

Try shooting back next time.
    • Up x 12
  13. crazyoldfart

Chill out man. There is so many more ways to die in this game your gonna give yourself a heart attack. This game has a huge learning curve no matter what you played before. First week I played I was on and off about quiting. Stick with it and you'll love it if your like FPS war games.
    • Up x 1
  14. mikesierra

It really doesn't have a huge learning curve. I've learned the game fine. I actually love the gameplay, though I wish there were more kinds of objectives/missions but I guess they are working on that. Maxes are the only thing wrong with this game that is big.
  15. mikesierra

You could use this argument for ANY class. That's not really a weakness, guy. I haven't played CoD in years. But if you must know, I've been a quake, battlefield, dod, america's army, etc player in many years past. Nice ad hominem though tough guy
  16. Stargazer86

Could've solved this situation with the old PS1 cert system, where people had to actually spend points in order to actually spawn a MAX in the first place. It cut down on the numbers of MAXes quite nicely.

But at any rate, I don't think there is anything more satisfying in this game than killing an NC MAX with C4.

And I don't think there's anything more frustrating to just watch one of a billion medics rush over to rez him. Seriously. I was sitting on a roof, dropped C4, killed a MAX. Then I watched a medic rush over to rez him and shot him. And then another. And then another. I dropped my second C4 to kill 2 more and the recently rezzed MAX. Then even more run over to rez. I wasted 200 resources and killed about 8 people, and at the end of the fight after I had died, they were all back on their feet.
  17. Devrailis

This is amazing. Where are these mythical medics you speak of? :eek:
    • Up x 6
  18. Fenrisk

Maxes are so slow to react and turn around that if you manage to get 1 squad mate in the room with them all you need is a brick of C4 and dead max/maxes. A SMG is also one of the faster guns for taking down a max. If you can sneak in the room while the enemy's distracted you can do some fair damage if you fire, cloak, reload, move, fire, dead max. (if the max isn't using low settings and looking in your general direction)
  19. mikesierra

I agree. The problem isn't maxes per se but rather that there is no effective limit on their amount of usage.
    • Up x 1
  20. Stargazer86

It was a Biolab fight, and I, of course, was killing the guys exiting the teleporter. I have never seen so many medics in one place at one time. It was absolutely ridiculous.