Infiltrators needs C4

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ArcKnight, Dec 29, 2012.

1. ArcKnight

there is so much vehicle spamming that good sniping opportunities are hard to come by, the only time I've seen a lot of infantry is when they all get out of their vehicles to cap a place then they go back in. we don't have any AV weapons or C4, what are the Devs thinking we're gonna blow up a sundy with a pistol I highly doubt it, when we cloak we look like distorted glass on the move, we hack a terminal then they get blown up or re-hacked

i heard a lot of times on the forums that Infiltrator are supposed to get behind enemy lines and "sabotage" well with what exactly.......... the moment we hack anything the enemy will be on to us, C4 is something all the other classes have except Max's ( thank God ), so it makes it difficult to tell which class there dealing with ( we all know the tactics associated with each class so I'm not going into that )

we have proximity mines which are good for stalling when i overload and generator or an ICU i would place one nearby so the enemy is delayed when they try undo my redecoration, but we're the only class that can use it so the enemy will know what to expect

decoy grenades cause a bit of confusion so it's a suitable distraction, but again they'll know what to expect
    • Up x 1
  2. VKhaun

Yep. Obviously.

Pretty sure we've been telling them that since beta, but they're pro game designers and they know better. They are perfectly happy to leave us with a sniper class named 'infiltrator' that makes noises louder than a jetpack when it uses it's 'stealth' skill, has no CQC weapon (and the auto scout rifles are NOT cqc weapons just because they're the best it's stuck with LOL) and can't do anything when it infiltrates except get killed standing on a point.

I have seen some great things come from hacking turrets, but that's not enough to base a whole class around. The medic has specialized things he can do, and so does the LA, and so does every class. When NOT doing super specialized gimmicky things however all the other classes make acceptable infantry. The infiltrator has no equivalent. They have to play as the squishiest class with the worst guns.
  3. Synobal

Honestly I'd settle for Hacking vehicles. Today I found a sniping spot and had just settled into kill a few guys when suddenly a lightning come charging at me, so I cloak and move around the tree I was hiding by. I thought he had saw me and was just moving in for the kill. But no the engineer jumps out and starts to rep the thing.

So I tripple tapped his face with my pistol and it was awesome. Except when I was done I had this vehicle just sitting there idling and taunting me. I couldn't do anything to do it at all. I've count of the number of times I've killed engineer when they jump out to repair leaving a vehicle unmanned in the middle of the battlefield.

I've even found vehicles that were AFK with people in them and I just can't do anything unless there is a console near by to hack and change to heavy with.
    • Up x 2
  4. OldMaster80

Yes we need it.

In Planetside 1, when we realized players had an AMS deployed somewhere near our base, Infiltrators started to look for it in order to blow it away with the Boomer. In Planetside 2 Infiltrators cannot destroy vehicles at all.
    The problem is there's already enough C4 around: why the hell devs did that explosives to Engineer (they already have mines!) and Medics??
    • Up x 1
  5. Granville7482

I would like to see Infiltrators get C4 as well. We are supposedly getting an orbital strike to help with Vehicles but I'm not sure when or how that is going to be implemented. This is not Planetside 1. In Planetside 1 it was fun and easy to infiltrate bases if you remembered to walk when near a motion detector. In this..you have a limited duration cloak that does not make you invisible. Light Assault "does it better" between mobility and stronger firepower. I fell more comfortable playing my Light Assualt for covert type gameplay, which only has about 500 certs invested in it, then my Infil, which has ..quite a few thousand.

The only perks I've seen playing an Infil are: Those moments where a hack turns the tide of battle. IE hacking a turret and blowing up a Galaxy loaded with troops, or hacking a vehicle terminal and pulling a Sundy. When doing the base cap thing in organized game play..I fell like my contribution is spaming recon dart, so people know where the two or three guys hiding are.

Now, add C4 to the mix? (Or make EMP like PS 1...) And you open up a new scale of game play that allows players to be creative.
    And you mIght...just might...convince Infils not to always have AP Mines in that utility slot :)

Because right now the mines are what I feel like is my main stay of firepower and versatility. Cloak...stick a mine somewhere funny..wait for the Kill(s).

So just add the C4.
  6. ArcKnight

i was expecting some criticism which usually follows any thread i make
  7. XRIST0

Infiltrators do not need c4 , sorry i do not agree .. It will make the class too over powered

Hacking vehicles ? leave things alone , really .
    • Up x 5
  8. ArcKnight

why not every other class has it, currently there's enough vehicles to justify C4 being made universal
  9. exLupo

Higby intimated something about other classes getting more ways to deal with vehicles down the road. Will have to wait and see. My gut is saying it won't be C4 for infils.

Regarding universal C4, dunno about that either. There's a lot of it as is and Sundies are quick enough to pop by someone doing a suicide run. Free access between classes would exacerbate the issue. It would be a great convenience and justify the huge cost but I don't think it'd be good for the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. Flag

You say that as if infiltrators are OP in their current state.
    I'll make the claim that the general consensus is that if anything, it's the least overpowered class.
  11. XRIST0

Invisible men running around planting c4 everywhere , not a good idea ..
    • Up x 3
  12. Flag

First off, infiltrators aren't invisible. Hard to spot, yes, but you can see them.
    Versus LAs who can fly overhead, drop C4 and detonate it. How is that any less OP than someone running among the enemy while vissible(can't deploy things while cloaked <---- Important!), and then leg it to detonate from a safe distance? If infiltrators got C4, it's harder to pull off the same feats that a LA can do in the current state of the game.
  13. Frosty The Pyro

I want infiltrators to have non-damage options vs vehicles as oposed to c4. Hacking, imobilizing, emp and the like, powerful and subversive, but not super usefull without someone to take advantage of it.
    • Up x 2
  14. ArcKnight

how is it any different from another class planting C4 and immediately being killed, then repawning and hitting the trigger
  15. Strikejk

And again a "give Infiltrator XXX" Thread.

- automatic guns wich outdps heavy assaults
    - shooting while stealthed
    - c4 & other explosives
    - a trigger to kill everyone on the server
    - gm rights
    - remove scope sway*
    - range finder*

Annoying.
    There are different classes for a reason!
    If you want everything on one class pick the "rambo" class.

*credit to
    ST4LK3R
    • Up x 3
  16. Fishie

You mean "Heavy Assault"?
    • Up x 2
  17. ST4LK3R

you missed out 'remove scope sway' and 'range finder'. :D
  18. Flag

So you admit to not having read the thread.
    Nobody asked for better weapons than the what the other classes currently have, just some that's not as far behind(or some that are equal) as our current load-out is.
  19. ArcKnight

justification for the thread are obvious ( this isn't about getting a "rambo" class )
    1) every other class has C4
    2) the infiltrator has nothing against vehicles
    3) infiltration must result to "sabotage" not sniping ( can you suggest a better way than C4 ? )
    4) hacking is useful for resupplying, but it will eventually get re-hacked
  20. Strikejk

Nope. Rambo can use EVERY weapon. He can stealth. Has every explosion.
    A N D he can oneshot you with a knife ;)
    fixed!
    So you admit to not having read my post.
    I was just summarizing what i have read yesterday & today because everyone is QQ whine whine about Infiltrators