Infiltrators needs C4

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ArcKnight, Dec 29, 2012.

1. MNO

I get what you're saying, but I'd still argue that the action of the player using it does effect it, timing of it, movement while using it and how you use it all come into it. The amount of people that have spotted me in those tight rooms in facilities or corridors and I've gotten away scot free because I've made use of the fact that even up close, using cloaking DOES help, I know that sometimes when I'm shooting an infil and he cloaks it can take upto a second or so for my eyes to readjust - and that's magnified when they're in your face. Someone spots you and you run a quick ring around them and away, majority of the time they're left wondering what the **** just happened - in that instance you're taking advantage of the fact that if you're spinning around and know you're in imminent danger of a knife to the face, it's pretty hard to spot a cloaker legging it when you dont even know which direction they're in for sure. I definitely wouldn't call it a garbage tool.

Of course I'm taking advantage of the cloak, I'm in a situation where I know it has an even higher level of effectiveness, it all becomes a factor. I couldn't make it through that fac without the cloak, so obviously I'm taking advantage of the cloak.

I sort of agree, I liked how it was in PS1 compared to this, but I think we can both agree that it just won't happen, the vocal minority will pound it into the ground before it's even given a chance. Look how powerful AA maxes are right now - yet there is still a decent portion of the community saying that ESF's are too powerful as A2G. I completely agree with you on this point but being realistic I seriously don't see it ever happening, hence I don't feel it's worthwhile fighting for.

I can. If you like I'll do 10 runs without cloak, and 10 runs with. Which way do you think will have the higher success rate?
  2. Dr. Euthanasia

Now you're talking about using it to run away again. I want a cloak which I can use to avoid being caught. All this erratic movement does is draw attention to people who aren't yet aware of you.

How do you know that you couldn't have made it through without? You don't have two parallel universes with which to compare results. You used the cloak and were successful. If you hadn't used the cloak, you may still have been successful.

I'll abandon this game if it doesn't happen. That's how much it matters to me. My expectations are not unrealistic, and I couldn't care less about what the vocal minority thinks. Also, the strength of a counter to ESFs does nothing to diminish the strength of those ESFs on their own. I'm sure that the people who think they're too powerful would be perfectly content with a nerf to both the power of AA MAXes and ESFs simultaneously, as their real desire is to not become utterly helpless against rocket pods. What are people afraid of that implementing complete invisibility would bring about? I'm willing to compromise - it's probably not something that I want complete invisibility for in the first place.

Undoubtedly it will be with the cloak, but my concern is with the fact that you will have no information when doing these runs with which to make an informed decision from. Is that player, who will see you if you attempt this, paying enough attention that Hunter Stealth would work on him? You can't know. Running out in that circumstance is leaving your success to chance. You may have been better off trying to kill that person rather than slip past him.

I could accept this as a legitimate stealth mechanic if it ditched the weapons lock. That's what Halo did - you can't be sure that the cloak will ever work, but since it doesn't impede you in any way, turning it on is never a mistake. If a cloak is going to have drawbacks to punish you for being detected, you have to be the one responsible for your own detection.
  3. MNO

4. ih8Darian

Why are infiltrators the only class wanting everything and also want to nerf other classes? Especially against tanks, tanks are horrible as they are right now being able to be killed by almost everything.
  5. SGTWOLF68

No...just, no.
  6. Dr. Euthanasia

Augh, I hate when you guys format like this.

I don't mind that it would be hard. Possible is all I'm shooting for, and my skill will compensate for the rest. Or it won't, and I can at least admit that the fault lies with myself and not my selection of tools.

Funny that you should use the word "consistently", because that's exactly my problem with the cloak. It's inconsistent. Can I run past a squad of guys consistently without them noticing me? Not likely, but if I use the cloak, I can't even be sure of how much that result will change.

Spectre Cloaking on the PTS claims to be complete invisibility while moving, with a shorter duration than Hunter Stealth. Whether it will be implemented or not remains to be seen, but hey, I could buy a lot of camo with 20,000 SC.

Also, if we're going to be balancing on a scale greater than 1v1, the cloak should not be an exception. Increasing the number of enemy players in an area simultaneously increases the difficulty and risk of using our cloak. The only situation where this doesn't occur is when the cloak is infallible. For example, in the large-scale outdoor infantry battles which usually occur between major bases and their outposts, Hunter Stealth still stops you from rendering at sniping ranges regardless of how many enemies are pouring out of their base. The fact that Infiltrators do not scale well as you increase their numbers also lends credence to the fact that their tools should work well against all opposition regardless of its size.

Because, as I've said twice already, nobody who makes that claim ever finds evidence that an Infiltrator has snuck past them and accomplished something. If I never get shot in the back by Infiltrators while sitting around in secure territory, I can be almost certain that none of them have successfully infiltrated the base. What's more, I infiltrate successfully without relying on my cloak at all, so even if I were to be taken by surprise, it wasn't because the cloak worked against me - someone could have merely run up from behind when I wasn't looking.

All we can do is wait. It's nice to see that you're not totally unreasonable, by the way.
  7. TeknoBug

Even with players using low settings, I don't have a problem that often because I use cover which makes it less obvious to spot me and there are static bushes (even with flora turned off) that you can sit in which almost no one bothers to check, I've sat in one while several platoons runs by me, I'm serious.

I'd be interested in spectra cloak though, would make dashing by enemies to kill key targets (medics) before getting seen, or such.
  8. ArcKnight

technically its the only class that doesn't have an AV options not even a weak on for that matter
    besides why in gods name does a medic even have C4
  9. ih8Darian

Medics are basically worthless though, infiltrators are very easy to get kills with, especially now since we have the commissioner option
  10. MNO

Sorry did you just say Infiltrator are the only classes that ask for nerfs? Kiddin me brah? As a class inf's probably whine about nerfing the least.

While I agree we shouldn't get C4 (though again, why do medics have it.), this claim that Infs are the "only class wanting to nerf other classes" is pretty laughable.
  11. OldMaster80

You mean the gun that everyone but Max Units can have?
  12. Ztiller

I bring skill into the equation as a direct result of the success that i have in the actual game. Everyone says that "I see infiltrators all the time", yet still i am able to, time after time after time, run straight past entire platoon of enemies without breaking a sweat. Everybody says they see infiltrators. In the game, hardly anybody sees me. It's not something that i sometimes happen to be successful with. It's all the time.

And despite these weaknesses, i can still infiltrate to the degree that i almost have perfect invisibility. Because i have learned how to use it. I focus on what it's good for, instead of what it isn't good for.

The class is more useful than the LA. We can do more things than the LA. And, by the definition that killing is everything, ALL classes are useless. If you need to hack terminals quickly before your teammates, then you are playing the infiltrator wrong. The infiltrator should be played from behind enemy lines, not from behind friendly. Do that, and you never have to worry about teammates destroying consoles.

The only thing lacking in the infiltrator right now, is the game itself. The lack of important side-objectives. Right now, the game is nothing but a race to kill yourself to the enemies spawnpoint. The only thing that the other classes can do, that infiltrators cannot, is destroy vehicles. And what does vehicles do? Kill people. The infiltrator is only useless to people who don't know how to use it properly. What's easiest to fight? 5 enemies, or 10 enemies? I can make sure you only have to fight 5. What's easiest to fight? 15 tanks or 10? I can take out those tanks before they even reach you. You will never know, because you never saw them. But if not for me, you would have had another 5 tanks to fight.

The infiltrator helps, a lot, by making it harder for the enemy to fight. By reducing their effectiveness. Its success cannot be measured in Heals/kills per minute. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a whole lot easier attacking a biolab where all the MANA turret engineers are dead, than when they are firing all-out.

And you can continue to believe that the class is useless. It only shows how little you know of the class.

HAHAHAHAHA. After all the videos i have uploaded of me running straight through enemy lines, using the Hunter or the Wraith, you try such a ridiculous cheapshot as to point out that once every 30 minutes, i take the easy road and make one single airdrop, as to avoid all the Tank mines. And you make it sound as if i do it all the time. IS that REALLY the best you have on me? Making ridiculous claims that isn't even 10% true?
    • Up x 1
  13. MNO

Ztiller pretty much put into words everything that I was struggling to articulate.
  14. giltwist

Wait what? So, the high rezzing XP for the low cost of the medic tool doesn't do it for you? The access to pump actions and battle rifles doesn't do it for you? The infinitely replenishable personal medkit doesn't do it for you? Ye gods, man. Without medics, nobody could ever take a BioLab.
    • Up x 1
  15. ih8Darian

Yes? Did I spell it wrong? I'm not sure if that's how you spell it.
  16. ih8Darian

Actually haven't seen that much whining from any other class, besides for that like all classes want to nerf the HA. I go on the forums a lot, maybe I need to look better.
  17. MNO

Ugh, I can't stand you any longer. First this "infs are the biggest whiners" rubbish and then the "MEDICS ARE USELESS" - Which further just cemented in the fact you are utterly clueless.
  18. ih8Darian

Instead of just saying I'm wrong, how about you prove to me that I'm wrong, like how giltwist did?
  19. MNO

^^ This, because he already has, and that was SUCH A BIG WAY TO BE WRONG.

You've discredited yourself to the point where it's already apparent nothing worthwhile can come from getting into a debate with you. Enjoy the bandwagons though.
  20. ih8Darian

He never proved me wrong on infiltrators whining - Which further just cemented in the fact you are utterly clueless.
    Instead of PROVING to me that I am wrong, all you're doing is SAYING that I am wrong.