Infiltrators needs C4

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ArcKnight, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Moz

Oh sweet... i will take a pump action while we are adding totally silly **** to the Infil.

Thanks.
  2. SupaFlea

you guys already had it in Beta, its was a frickin nightmare, cloak unlock 1 shot cloack, it was having a sniper rifle that kills 1 shot to the body. The backlash was awful when they took them away lol
    • Up x 1
  3. BrbImAFK

You realise he was being sarcastic, right.....
  4. TR5L4Y3R

5. Cullwch

I don't understand why people want to turn every class into effectively the same thing. The infiltrator is already an infantry murdering machine. Furthermore, it has utility through the roof and you can highlight the point of ingress of enemy combatants for your heavy assault pals so they can get the drop when defending or attacking, you can do pizza mine delivery to entrenched pockets of enemies, destroy or disable deployables in a large radius and the list goes on. If they gave significant vehicle killing power to infiltrators, they would have to nerf them elsewhere, and than it would all just turn into Beige Puree Class #7 that does the very same thing as classes #1 through #6. The infiltrator is not a generalist class - it is a class with significant comparative strengths and drawbacks, and that is how it should be.
    • Up x 2
  6. CuteBeaver

This entire thread is from 2012 to 2013. I don't understand why dig up a thread this old.

The class has changed so much. Your looking at time when SMGs were just released. Before that all CQC infils had were scout rifles. Or if you were on the bleeding edge Ztiller style bolt action CQC play with a beamer. Are you trying to prove a point with outdated information? Everything about the infiltrator has been changed since launch. Here are some memorable moments from how I remember some key patches.

1) SMGs were added and no longer did we need to use scouts around 2013 NAC (Nano Armour Cloaking) was added.

2) Cloak Graphics were changed (No more low Settings Casper)

3) IDENTITY CRISIS #1 Sniper Rifles and Nanoweave Fiasco (Ask Mustarde it will bring back terrible memories for him)

4) NAC (Nano Armour Cloak) gets added. Infils begin feeling as if they are directed towards CQC rather then dominant playstyle of sniping. If you dig hard enough you will find guides from the early days basically encouraging only sniping since we didn't have the tools to handle CQC well. With NAC SMG begins gaining more traction over sniping popularity. Still ****loads of pushback from the community. Outfits still wont run with infils, or only with one in a PLATOON for darting. It was a different salty time for infils back then. (Yes, I used to Dart - Would know.)

5) Radar Mechanics begin to get cleaned up. Prior to this enemy scout radar, or vehicle radar could detect us and there was nothing you could do about it. Moving / Not moving .... It didn't matter you would ALWAYS SHOW UP. So CQC was always about breaking LOS and multi levels to throw of enemies who were tracking you. Any time an infil saw a flash (parked) we had to assume it was a radar flash. They could detect us without needing a driver - just parked and un-manned.

6) IDENTITY CRISIS #2: Faction Flavors / Colors Added to Cloaks (Changed entire SMG playstyle overnight) More confusion as guides for new SMG infils are now invalid in many ways. Cloak being used to create doubt vanishes overnight. Any blur was an enemy blur now, and there were no second guessing for the enemy. Without any ambiguity infils had to get slammed with the fail shovel until they learned to move around "better".

7) Revolvers released. They functioned similar to the crossbow back then. (Knife did 625 dmg pre-nerf. Now its 500) This was clearly overpowered and even though we didn't have Stalkers at the Time SMG users really hit their stride at his point and began to recover from #6. Community wise - Squads and outfits begin running with normally 1 dedicated infil in a group of 12 routinely. SMGs have earned a good reputation by this point, especially when paired with Revolvers. Social saltstorm begins to subside.

8) Sound revamp for Planetside 2. (Cloak sounds carry MUCH farther out - along with every other sound in game. That needs to be mentioned - It was just something that affected us all) Again this pissed off more infils back then. Snipers, Scout, and SMG users alike. This also coincided with a **** ton of cloaking bugs. Lots of Salt in the community at the time.

9) Radar gets sorted out: We can now avoid detection based on movement. Certain things no longer detect us when not being operated by a player (Scout Radar on a Flash for example) . Massive QOL improvement right there.

10) Stalker Gets added / Motion Spotters / Crossbow <3. A happy time where it felt like the class was gaining much needed direction. You had basically 4 viable playstyles now. Sniper / Scout / SMG / Stalker <-- although this was not embraced by most yet and was still considered a novelty.

11) Cloak concealment improvements (less time delay between switching sates, better results for stalkers and all cloak users.) It allowed for better counters quickly going from sprint into Deep Cloak in far less time. Made melee combat, and CQC much more viable and reduced the risk considerably. I felt this increase almost as profoundly as when better cloaked crouch walking was added.

12) Standard Cloak Settings across all graphics.

13) Power Knives added. Again class just really takes massive advantage of melee. For me it felt like we had come out of a dark tunnel and the developers were finally getting the class to a point where we were fine. We could hold our own, and unless some bizarre bug was at play - we should really not be complaining.

14) Crouch Walk Movement similar to deep cloak: Bam - Now stalkers could move around in congested areas. I never expected this change but it helped a ton.

15) Sidearm Revamp / Wrels Weapon Revamp: Has been pretty damn kind to Infils. Not just Stalkers, but SMG users Scout Rifle users, pretty much everyone. I mean in one word.... Phaseshift right?

TLDR: Games changed so much most of the replies and whining here is centered around points 3-7. Let the thread die. Nothing here is relevant and opinons discussed back then were based on a particularly gloomy and uncertain future for the class.
    • Up x 3