Infiltrators complaining? Let's nerf them abit more.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scan, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Scan

You've got some good points, but this camo change is only a small part what I am really irritated about.

Many topics have been written here about what we want to change about the Infiltrator. Seemingly, no matter how many topics we write on how Infiltrators need some love, they'll just go on ahead and follow general concencus which is: "I don't give a **** about Infiltrators, I just want to be able to kill them easily" and **** us over with another "improvement".

But you know, they don't have to explain why. They can do whatever the **** they want, because it's their game. They don't have to explain themselves, not to only a small part of their playerbase.

I gotten this out of my system. Alot of people liked my original post which is nice, because you feel alot agree with you, but I don't think it will make alot of diffrence.

At most they might look at the NC version. (coz it's horrendous) after that: "job done"
    • Up x 1
  2. Carisha

It should take longer for infiltrators to be able to shoot after declock. At the moment it's just "Hello, your dead". **** that noise, until I have a chance to fight back infiltrators should be nerfed into the ground.
  3. Astraka

Quit being bad.
    • Up x 3
  4. MrSpikes

I honestly don't find the color outline to friendlies as a problem, except when it doesn't appear for whatever reason and the nearby heavy panics and blows my head off. As for the decrease in camo, I think it was fine for the vs seeing as how we are well suited for night with our dark color scheme. Other than that I'm sympathetic towards the other infi's and their new color schemes. With our (infiltrators in general) visible cloak and now decreased blending ability, it's comparable to giving a sniper a gillie suit made of crossing guard vests. I personally can utilize the cloak well and enjoy the class, but this makes it more difficult for inexperienced players and those who want to try the class.
    • Up x 1
  5. MrSpikes

If you can hear an infiltrator uncloak, then you're close enough and have ample time to swing around and shoot. If you honestly can't see a moving cloaked infiltrator running right at you, then yes, stop being bad. The only advantage we have is stealth and the element of surprise, and the whole "hello you're dead" thing is exactly what the infiltrator was meant to do. I actually might change this to my signature, haha thanks for that.
    • Up x 2
  6. Scan

Despite my suspicions of your obviously trolling:

You have no idea of the ammount of skill it takes to be able to do that as an Infiltrator on a frequent basis.

There are diffrent Youtubers showcasing killstreaks with BASR's, but you have to keep in mind that these are either montages of their best moments, or players who have MLG status skills who have superb accuracy and reaction times. (thanks to practice)

When I bump into an enemy, or accidentally get spotted by something, I'm equally dead, and equally didn't have a chance to fight back. Apart from lowering the chances of this happening, I cannot prevent this, no matter how much I practice, and SoE is making it harder and harder for me to lower the chances of being "accidentally spotted" The deeper I got into enemy territory (AS I SHOULD BE DOING SINCE THAT'S MY ROLE) the larger the chances become I get killed by some random clueless noob, but who has a fully auto, easy to use machine gun.

The person killing me (apart from other BASR users), didn't need even a fraction of the practice to do that, as he can spray from the hip and kill me with about 7ish hits, whilst I only have one shot that needs to be dead on target to save my skin.

Because let's be honest: 9 out of 10 times I get killed, is because an enemy just happened to see my glimmer, or just happened to hear my cloaking noise. Features built into my class that I cannot avoid, and specifically designed to screw up my attempt at trying to preform my role as Infiltrator.

But, let's not get too discouraged just yet. As long as people hate Infiltrators, it means there are still Infiltrators around who know how to play, and play well.

The moment people stop hating Infiltrators, is the moment we have become utterly useless.
    • Up x 1
  7. LownWolfe

My biggest issue with this is that it was exclusive to the infiltrator. Across all classes fine since the camo identification can apply to any class. Hell, light assaults should have gotten this over infiltrators (no one should have gotten this). Worse, even after this change, I was gunned down by a friendly MAX who apologized saying he though I was an enemy and I was called cowardly and cheap by a TR cause "My camo made me look like an ally". Sorry SOE, this did not do what you intended, merely made infiltrators look ugly. Please revert.
  8. TheAnnoyingInfi

Something tells me SOE looks at a random infiltrator video and by CHANCE they click on darkelfdruid or Mustarde or any other great infi.

"K yeah well, let's do something about that..."

Not that this change really should affect your core gameplay. I mean you shouldn't be RELYING on the cloak or the camo - sure it gives you an advantage and it SHOULD as you payed money for a F2P game; the only funny thing out of this is:

"Improved faction colour visibility on stealth suits" - no one asked for this in the first place, matter of fact, when I use to play on dark's char, I get TK by my team due to that dam " faction colour visibility on stealth suits " not working...

and for increasing visibility, they say "As a result camouflage no longer covers the entire surface area of the suits."
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

They state it as if, the faction colour glow is SUCH A BUFF, that to BALANCE IT ( :D :D :D ) they will change camo.

Excuse my language, but that is just plain act of a FreakyAlienGenotype.
  9. MrSpikes

wait, what do you mean we shouldnt rely on our cloak? its our best piece of equipment and the oy thing keeping us from being walking xp.
  10. TheAnnoyingInfi

The cloak MIGHT be the best we have, but it still doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't RELY on it. If you do it will eventually be your downfall.

Claok is to aid you be unseen - what i meant by not rely is you shouldn't - like i see many - run towards like a crazy guy into a zerg thinking "lololol im am INVISIBLE!". The cloak is there to make you harder to spot when someone isn't directly looking in your direction. Thus you are relying on your brain and use situational awareness with little bit of cloak help to get where you want to get.
    • Up x 1
  11. Clandestine

Damn I already had 3 camos I wanted to buy, SOE come on!!!

The funny thing is I just saw a video with the art director Tramell Isaac saying that they really listen to the community () 11:00 "Its all about the community" nice going Mr. Tramell I hope you don't have the same credibility whit your co-workers
    • Up x 1
  12. DeadliestMoon

I guess you didn't see TRay's short twitter conversation about this topic.
  13. DeathSparx

Link it please. I'm sure I and the rest of the (infiltrator) community would be interested in reading it.
  14. Vaphell

15. DeadliestMoon

You can go onto his Twitter yourself instead of being lazy and asking someone else to look it up for you. Whatever, wait a sec.

Edit: Here you go princess. https://twitter.com/PS_TRay/status/392365019544817665
    https://twitter.com/PS_TRay/status/392311893932511232
    https://twitter.com/PS_TRay/status/392402336519180288
    He even linked this thread to a fellow outfit member of mine. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ridiculous-fact-about-unbalance.149131/page-3
    Anything else you want me to do for you? Get you some tea; play the game for you?
  16. CuteBeaver

17. Vaphell

yes, whoever wrote that is an idiot. Yellow is one of the worst colors possible to have on your camo. Blue at least becomes not so noticeable in low light conditions as it degrades to a rather neutral color more or less matching the environment, but to get rid of yellow color one would pretty much need a near perfect darkness.
  18. Scan

Since day 1 I've had the feeling that SoE is trying to discourage the use of Infiltrators.

Since day 1 I've been told to loosen my tinfoil hat.

However, since day 1, I've not seen anything that suggests otherwise.

We might have had some changes to our benefit, but I'd not even consider these changes "buffs". They were fixes. Unless you think people turning their graphics on low settings perfectly able to see a cloaked INF is not a bug. Or IRNV/Thermal seeing a cloaked INF from a mile away is perfectly balanced. Or that having weapons that take 2 clips to kill something (scout rifles) is okay. Or that Nano-Armor cloak was a perfectly viable option!

As a trade off for these fixes, we had several changes added that help compromise our presence to the unknowing. Our targets made tougher. Our sniperrifles made weaker. Our recondarts lose the element of surprise, Our EMP grenades nerfed (without telling anyone btw), Our camouflage being made less effective, Our mines having been made even weaker then they already were AND easier to spot.

Yeah... SoE really, really LOVES us.

Oh... I forgot the part where they had radar/movement spotting devices on vehicles require someone to be in the vehicle (good) but also had cloaked Infiltrators showing up on the mini-map like everything else. (bad)

EVERYTHING SoE changes about the Infiltrator seems to meant to discourage people from using an Infiltrator to either snipe, or infiltrate stuff by himself. They want the Infiltrator to played as a grunt. With your team. No funny and complicated stealth business that might enable you to, godforbid, kill more than 1 or two people in an enemy infested enviroment.

Wether we are sniping, or infiltrating, the experience is pretty mediocre, pointless and easily countered.

SoE, and the community seem to be perfectly happy about that, and nothing suggests this will ever change.

Especially not since they have found the time, that they said they didn't have, to stop and add yet another Infiltrator nerf to the game, whilst they said they all worked 24/7 on optimisation.

I feel like they are ******* us, without even a kiss.
  19. DeathSparx

Thanks. Some tea would be nice. xD No, I'm joking. Honestly, I wouldn't know where to look or how to find that link myself so thanks.
  20. MrSpikes

oh, complete reliance of course not. i just thought you were saying it wasnt that useful. i agree, people over estimate the cloaks abilities often