Infiltrators complaining? Let's nerf them abit more.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scan, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Tnsr

SOE just won't stop to screw it.
    How can any designer think this is fine and how can any executive at SOE give green light to those changes. The blue on my Infiltrator looks awful with my green woodland camo.
    This just once more tells me: don't buy overpriced textures, SOE wants to destroy PS2.

Someone open up a new thread to advise all Infiltrators to refuse to buy any camo as long as SOE keeps laughing into our face.
  2. bobsapp

Curious to know if this resulted from complaints from the community on the visibility of SNIPERS... or perhaps some of us have been harvesting too many dev heads in game that they got frustrated?

1) I think it's a bit silly to mess with camo on the weakest character group in the game (one which relies on concealment..)

2) I play the female character model and whoever came up with the blue low-cut sports bra and chaps OVER a camo'd stealth suit needs their ear flicked.

...patiently waiting for BF4.
  3. thePankakeManne

Honestly, I always felt that killing the other guy before he had a chance to shoot you was the best form of camouflage anywho.
  4. tproter

SOE is doing it's best to encourage gamers to not play useless snipers in PS2.

Great job in my opinion, SOE.

5. Astraka

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for people who are upset that they cannot blend in with enemies or the environment. For me camouflage isn't about concealing my position or masking my faction (both of which make camo unarguably pay-to-win), it is about aesthetics and what looks good. Feel free to give me a splash of yellow or blue on my character regardless of camouflage so I don't have an advantage that must be paid for, but for god's sake make it look good.

No they aren't. Did you not notice that they actually improved the TR Infiltrator's camo coverage?
  6. CuteBeaver

Interesting. I wonder if they are going to put purple blue and red on other classes as well? If Sony's goal is to make identification easier and limit the "pay to win" aspect. Right now people do have a right to complain as currently we are the only class with blatant markings all over us. It would be nice to get an announcement from SOE on this.

They need to fix up the NC regardless though. It really looks bad.
    • Up x 1
  7. Get2dachoppa

Agreed. The harder/easier to spot issue aside, it just looks bad. Especially that NC Infiltrator example *gags*
    • Up x 1
  8. Scientiarum

Agreed with all of the above. It looks like they did this in about 2 minutes. At least make it look nice.
    • Up x 1
  9. Redsand

Like someone in my outfit said about the new NC infil look "its almost like denim shorts"
    • Up x 2
  10. Rohxer

This used to be my favorite camo.

[IMG]

My new favorite is this. I wore it all night; took an excessive amount of friendly fire. Probably on purpose!

[IMG]
  11. Kociboss

• Up x 1
  12. Astraka

Try the Urban Forest. I'm using that, composite armor, and the 'Wrel' bandanna. The baby blue of the camouflage makes the hot pants & sports bra almost go away. I think it looks pretty cool, given the circumstances.
  13. DeadliestMoon

I assume you can do better?
  14. Rohxer

Yeah, the composite armor hides most of the top area and I usually use it, but it makes you look top-heavy now and the pants stand out even more. Composite also hides the shoulder decals, which is incredibly annoying (they don't want my money?). Even so, we shouldn't have to purchase composite armor as well to cover up this ridiculousness.
  15. DeadliestMoon

You the best camouflage there is, the cloak. Because that's what it is, advance camouflage. Besides, I'm sure they're going to do it to the other classes as well.

This right here, is borderline disrespectful.
    • Up x 1
  16. Astraka

I know for damn sure I could given the proper tools, which in a sense, we are (Player Studio). Add a bit of blue/yellow, red, or purple/teal to all of the camouflage and you have effectively eliminated the pay-to-win advantage without adding hot pants & sports bras. It would take a bit of work considering how many camos are in the game, but it would be worth it in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  17. DeadliestMoon

This actually isn't so bad. It sorta makes no sense as to why the VS Infiltrator was the only class that didn't have the faction color anywhere on them. After all purple is your faction color. Not black.
  18. DeadliestMoon

I agree that the NC infiltrator doesn't look fantabulous, but that's only because of the bright color. If it was a darker blue I'd be telling you that you were crazy and should open up your mind to different styles. But that's just my opinion.
  19. IIXianderII

The color of the VS patches isn't bad. I wish they would have spent a bit more time on the shape and design and maybe spread it out instead of having the bigger sections. The NC one is just awful and looks like they put almost no effort into it. Adding the faction colors makes sense, but maybe they could have spent a bit more time on the design and made it a bit more interesting than just colored patches.
    • Up x 1
  20. TheAntiFish

"Lots" is the amount of times i'd survived in the middle of a group of TR because in passing they thought my Giraffe flavoured infil was friendly, so they didn't give me or my suppressed weapon any grief.

Functionality has been effected in my opinion, Someone somewhere in this forum someone mentioned the word "Ethics". I don't believe they give a **** personally.

So of course before this i E-mailed them, requesting a refund for this random unwanted change in NC infiltrators sexual identities. The three responses to my (admittedly less and less) polite requests are as follows....

So here i am on the forums. Taking any notes developers?
    • Up x 4
  21. NinjaTurtle

Just to add to this.

Developers, do you think people will continue to buy your items if you change cosmetic items that have no bearing on game play? Do you think people will have trust enough to spend their own hard earned money just for you too change something that needed no change?

There is a difference between fixing something that is broken and changing something due to your artistic license.

Camo was not broken, anyone claiming they could not tell who was who was not paying attention and that is a lack of situational awareness and that can apply to anything in the game that does not make something broken. Camo is purely aesthetic

Why is it the blue on the NC infiltrator has such a bad contrast to all the camo in the game now, it does not even match the NC camo let alone the NS camos. It sticks out like a sore thumb and looks like they are wearing a bra and stockings.

At what point did you decide to make it so that the TR and VS Infiltrator camo at least blends in reasonably well with ES and NS camo? Though there was no need either to change the VS camo..... all you had to do was add more camo coverage to the TR if that was the reasoning behind this change

If you are going to base your business on micro transactions and a large part of that is cosmetic you better make damn sure players can create a good looking character with these cosmetics otherwise why the hell would people buy them?

You can bury your heads in the sand as much as you want but you gone ****** up, you WILL see a drop in NC cosmetic sales with regards to players that play Infiltrator and if these design choices extend to the rest of the NC classes you will see a mass exodus of players flock to the other factions because who wants to runaround looking like a transvestite?

If you have any care for your bank balance these changes need reverting
    • Up x 3