Infiltrators complaining? Let's nerf them abit more.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scan, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Scan

From the latest: "Hotfix"

"Improved faction colour visibility on stealth suits (read Infiltrator suits) for the NC, TR and VS. As a result camouflage no longer covers the entire surface area of the suits."

This is not a ******* IMPROVEMENT.

Apparantly, despite the quite easily to spot cloaking, the noise it creates, the recondarts now showing up on the minimap of the enemy, the adding of glow on friendly infiltrators, SoE still feels that we are too hard to spot, and hence has lowered the effectiveness of camo, which we could use to blend in with our background.

What I am finding most disturbing is the fact that they stated that they wouldn't implement anything new, until optimisation was done, yet found the time to stop and give Infiltrators another kick in the balls.

Thank you SoE, may I have another?

Why don't you just have Infiltrators glow all the time, wether they are cloaked or not?

Could you guys for ONCE keep your hands off my class, and go nerf something else?
    • Up x 25
  2. Lazaruz

Well, I already play TR. How much worse can it get...
  3. bobsapp

comparison pics, plz.

also, try wearing a tank for camo.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vargbett

SoE, If i wanted to look like a clown, i wouldn't have bought camo in the first Place.. can i have my station cash back?
    • Up x 3
  5. Plague Rat

I've no problem with this mostly because I've been expecting it to happen for a year now, though for all classes across the board simply because it's the only aspect of the game verging dangerously close, if not being an pay to win situation.

Owning all the non-player studio camo's thanks to those nifty mega bundles a while back, it's pretty obvious that with such coverage their usefulness goes beyond being a simple cosmetic option because they do in fact help you blend into environments and even obscure you faction color by covering all but the small percentage of your colors. And yet it's something that is only attainable by paying customers. I've always felt that was in direct opposition to the F2P model that's been laid out that a free player wouldn't be denied the ability to attain and access to any item or feature that provided an advantage. That the items available to paying players would be cosmetic in nature only, and the current camo coverage does seem to take it a bit too far, especially when target spotting and identification is so important in an open game like this.

In short, they can feel free to cram a little more color into my armor.
    • Up x 4
  6. Vargbett

Clown i tell you! i look like a Clown..
    • Up x 1
  7. Lioren

At first glance it looks as if VS and NC infils have had certain areas exempted from the camo pattern, while TR has only had red shoulder pads added (as opposed to black). It seems like this is more of a downgrade to VS and NC camo patterns than the TR camo patterns (which were never all that effective imo, thanks to the big areas of "not camo" that everyone shares now).
  8. Scan

From what I've seen, the TR actually got an improvement.

The VS has gotten big dark purple bands around their legs, and arms. It doesn't look too bad, but camoflage has taken a hit. All in all, it could be far far worse. I'd almost go as far as looks go, the VS infiltrator is looking better, but practically, it's a downgrade.

The NC... well I just feel deep sympathy for the NC. The baby blue hotpants look ridiculous.. and make the character downright ugly to look at, no matter which camo you put on. I'd say they look best with something blue, other wise the other blue is just going to stand out like a pair of large naked boobs on a parrot.

(someone post a picture of a parrot with large naked boobs) :p
    • Up x 4
  9. illgot

yeah, so basically SOE is telling us to stop buying camo because no matter what our NC infiltrators will look like clowns with those baby blue leggings and neon brown glowing ****.

I'm done with the game for a while, and people think I am insulting by saying the art team for PS2 is ****.
  10. Epicstrat

I think I would be OK with this change if the default color for NC WASN'T BABY BLUE!

Seriously... Aren't the NC colors Navy and Gold? Not Baby blue and Daffodil yellow? While we're at it, why does the stealth class have LED's glued to him?
    • Up x 2
  11. Rohxer

I haven't logged in yet - but I thought I read that all helmets lost their camo as well; is this true?
  12. MajiinBuu

Since the hotfix I haven't been able to play, but I'm afraid to see what my infiltrator looks like. Before the hotfix I remember there were big dark gray patches on the shoulders and the legs. Wearing composite armor completely hid these from view, my whole body would be giraffy.
  13. DeadliestMoon

No, I haven't heard that. But the hotfix notes did say that the Spectre helmet camo coverage is different.

No one is out to get you, you're being paranoid. But to be honest I saw the camo coverage for NC, VS, and TR, there not that bad. Well NC's is throwing it off for me, but for VS and TR, it looks fine.
  14. John_Aitc

Never change, Forumside. Everything is implemented just to mess with you personally.

I cannot wait to get home from work so I can see! I want to be a clown! I would trade in my LMG for a squeezy horn for my HA also if they would sell it to me. Planetside is a game and games are a fun diversion from life.
    • Up x 1
  15. AnuErebus

No helmets kept their camo coverage.

Ultimately I dislike the changes purely because the blue they have on the NC is damn ugly. If they'd at least make it a darker blue which didn't look stupid with every camo in existence it'd be better. Baby blue is not a color I want to see big splotches of on my armor.

I also feel it's time to fix the VS color scheme as well since they're in the mood for camo changes. VS LA, Medic, Engi and Heavy all have nearly full camo with almost non-existant faction colors. Give them some purple already.
    • Up x 3
  16. Darkelfdruid_LOL

I can already hear nc and tr people salivating for night time - as to be honest, when I did play tr/nc infi....vanu at night were a B*TCH to see.... :D

Oh I do wonder what sort of stuff there will be if I do come back :D

BASR with an attachable milk shake machine that when you cloak, produces a "an infiltrator is near by ready to supply you free certs, please move to cashier five"
    • Up x 1
  17. Van Dax

What nerf?
    • Up x 1
  18. oherror

I view this as more of a boon then a nerf. No more accidentally blowing away friendly infils. The problem is worse on NC as blue tends to blend in. I suspect venu might have similar issues. Though TR is isnt that bad now.
  19. Van Dax

Well personally I've never made an iff error.. wait I did once, that wasn't due to camo though it was a guy standing in a TR teleporter so it just made him entirely red. No I don't find it to be a problem but not everybody is the same.
  20. oherror

I sort of have that issue from playing too much AVP and having cloaking predators running around. So my trigger finger tends to shoot first and say sorry later. My friends have the same issue as i usually was the pred ripping their spine/head from their body. If it shimmers it dies was our motto.