Infiltrators complaining? Let's nerf them abit more.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scan, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Nyscha

Gotta nerf stuff for the MLG Reterds
    • Up x 1
  2. Wayfar

I mean, that is what you get when you are paying for services. Game is theirs and they'll change it how they see fit. For whatever reasons and they are within their rights to do so.
  3. bobsapp

Hahah.. disrespectful? Kind of like the bait-and-switch of paying for one thing and having it taken away and given something else?

As for cloak, sure it is a form of camo, but one that doesn't have much use when you are sniping from an over-watch position. You know what does have utility? Terrain-matching camouflage.

PS. Honestly, no offence intended, but somebody who plays infiltrator 1/3 of their time in-game and has an efficiency rate of less than 50% shouldn't be telling others what's-what or how to play a class that others have logged more time into and appear to be better at.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ravenorth

We need to make more noise guys, we cant let SOE get away with this.
    • Up x 1
  5. Vinakis

And I thought the NC infils looked fugly before...
  6. Rohxer

Here's a Before/After:
    [IMG]
  7. MajiinBuu

The VS infiltrators look pretty cool, but it still takes away some camo coverage.
    • Up x 1
  8. Van Dax

Vanu are still looking good despite the change, imo it was fine for us.[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. DeadliestMoon

I don't believe the colors will be that noticeable from a distance.

PS. Did you just use the "you don't have X amount of hours doing what I do, therefore your opinion is invalid" excuse? Well sir, that might pass if this was a talk about balance or class mechanics but seeing as how it's not, that excuse is invalid.
    Also I don't know which one of my characters you checked but my NC character is my main and I only play INF on my VS character, which I don't really log onto that often.
  10. CuteBeaver

This is just a quick overview of my actual thoughts. Not the twisted eye roller quotes making me out to be spastic. I don't think we really needed these changes, I haven't been hard pressed to identify enemy infiltrators previously. IMO Sony is dumbing PS2 down for the console community.

I really dislike the NC changes. I really feel bad for the NC infiltrator players because in my opinion the changes were poorly done for them.

• Up x 3
  11. DeadliestMoon

Care to elaborate.
  12. CuteBeaver

Younger kids need colors to figure out who to shoot. Not trying to say all console players are dumb but how many 8-14 year olds actually build their own PC's? Your more likely to find youth on consoles then PC's. Just my general observation. That and the timing ... this coming out while they work on PS4 optimizations.

• Up x 3
  13. Hoki

Thats cause your faction color splotches are all deep dark purple (basically black), while TR is a high chroma bright red.

Why? Probly cause the art director plays vanu and obviously doesn't give a **** about how the other factions look.
  14. Van Dax

you must be missing your glasses, those are clearly purple as you can tell in the first pic in which the purple is shown beside several different shades of grey and black.
    This is honestly one of the most pitiful complaints I've ever heard, you don't see NC\VS complaining about the tr infiltrators smaller model but I bet you would if situations were reversed.
    • Up x 2
  15. CuteBeaver

TR are designed with:

Bright Red
    Black (Neutral)
    White (Neutral)
    Greytones based on shading. (Neutral)

By design choice as shown in the TR video above, they have a wide selection of camo's that look nice just because their color scheme tends to include neutrals.

VS are designed with:
    Bright Purples.
    Blacks Gear Accents,
    Teals Markings
    Grey Gear Accents,
    Hints of indigo based on shading
    Hints of Cyan based on shading.

The fact that a designer even managed to select a color that not only works with most of the above, but also implemented it in a stylish way, and spread the color around nicely to other parts of the character's body in a way that looks unified is awesome.

The NC are designed with:

Bright Blue
    Navy
    Black Gear Accents
    Gold
    Bright Yellow
    Metallic accents

The NC need a rework. A trick to borrow would be spreading out the identifiers around the body so any changes they do make looks unified on the character. Put some on the feet, shoulder pads (top) and maybe carry over that ventilated look found on the upper back of the arm, to also be included on the knee pads. This would reduce the need for the hot pants. The large chunky centralized areas of blue cover up allot more camo then is necessary, the color itself is IMO too light. It clashes with most of the camo's the NC already have. I am talking about Sony Created Camo, never mind the player studio. The fact that the bright blue doesn't blend with the majority of camo is an indication there at least needs to be a color correction.
    • Up x 4
  16. Wayfar

What are we going to say when they get around to putting in the empire specific animations (running/walking/etc)?
  17. CuteBeaver

I hope I waddle. :) Thats going to be kinda cool though, you have a good point in that regards blending in with the enemy would be impossible. Time to adapt :D however the NC still look kinda silly. Fix plz Sony! Trusteh meh wearing bra all time no funz!

18. Scan

Agreed. We did not need these changes, and they are dumbing down the game. Just not only for PS4 users. The current generation gamers have a diffrent mindset from the older generation. Games have to be fast, easy and deliver an immediate sense of accomplishments. That's why Infiltrators are so hard to fit into this game.

An Infiltrator that is being played very well, takes abit of brainpower and effort to find. Having to use brainpower and effort to find something, is annoying to the majority of the new generation gamers. They want targets that are easy to identify, and easy to kill.

So to serve the needs of the majority, Infiltrators need to be tuned down so they are more obvious to see and require less effort to spot and make them even easier to kill than most other targets, resulting in a class that requires an incredible ammount of skill to play well, but doesn't (or isn't allowed) to recieve the reward that is in balance with the effort it takes to play.

The more skill you have, the more obvious the features that are there to to keep you restrained somewhat become apparant.

This change to camo is just another helping aid for your prey to find us, stacked on top of a big pile of helping aids already there.

It has me wondering: When will be nerfed to an extent where we'll be so easy to spot, that playing a cloaker becomes absolutely pointless?
  19. IIXianderII

The change to the camo is not a bad idea, it was just executed badly. Before this change camo was being used to hide which faction a player was and also provided a very real advantage in visibility. The problem with the change though, is it seems like it was rushed, and it also only targeted the infiltrator. Camo is a available for every class, so adding identifiers only to the infiltrator is not really solving the problem it is just giving the infiltrators a disadvantage. This is a F2P game, so Camo that can only be purchased with money should not give as much of an advantage as it has been. SOE needs to be more consistent with their changes though, and take the time to do a higher quality change that addresses the problem for EVERY class.
    • Up x 4
  20. Astraka

Preach it brother.
    • Up x 1