Impossible to fly using a joystick after patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ozzon, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Gaseous Snake

Saitek Cyborg Gold - it doesn't even work. I've bound all the keys and the YX axis doesn't respond and I'm sick and tired of waiting 10-15 minutes per try since I crash the aircraft trying to figure out if my new settings work. It works fine in other games so there's nothing wrong with the joystick and also calibrated using windows.
    • Up x 1
  2. Katyri

I get the joystick Cyborg F.L.Y 5 Flight Stick working, but the sensitivity is waaaay too high, practically impossible to get anything with in the target area. And I have the joystick sensitivity set to minimum.
    • Up x 2
  3. St0mpy

Fly the thing by keyboard to a far part of the warp gate and play with binds till you learn whats what, thats what i did, you can set them without getting out of the jet, go for a fly around the gate and land, do the next one. Always keep the keyboard commands on and mouse close incase something doesnt work out.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sarevok

Best account of all the Joystick problems I've come across, describes pretty much everything that is currently wrong, bang on the money
    • Up x 1
  5. Paulus

Sadly, we've been asking (even pleading) for this since the first few days of Beta, and i think you can see what response that got.
    I really wanted to use my MS Sidewinder Precision, but the game just isn't capable of being "flown" properly, it is beyond my why they even included a "joystick" field in the key bindings as it plainly wasn't meant to be used with this game. SoE will tell you they made it fly with KB and mouse because "not everyone has a joystick" but i would be surprised if any multi-aspect FPS fan does not have one. People who have only played things like Counterstrike may well not have one, but thats hardly a good reason not to include the facility for making a joystick a viable option, after all, a reasonable joystick can be had for £25-£35, much less than the gaming mice i would think most people have, like my Razor Deathadder 3500.

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one who wanted it, but i must confess i've given up any hope of things changing
    • Up x 1
  6. JoCool

I speak for 3 people in total here, we were looking forward to our airsquad. This needs fixing! 2 Sidewinder Precision Pro 2s, and a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. We all paid for this game.
    • Up x 2
  7. Stringz

For those having issues with Windows 8 and joysticks, I found getting DINPUT8.DLL (a Direct X 9/8? file) from a Windows 7 box and dropping it into the Planetside 2 folder should solve the problem.

The joystick issue needs fixing Sony. Trying to map keyboard commands to axis ranges isn't the way to go.
    • Up x 1
  8. Darkzero

I'm also using a MSFF2. Biggest issues for me are dead zone and POV.
    • Up x 1
  9. Inglonias

I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro. Having similar issues. I thought this was due to the fact that my joystick is getting up there in years, but apparently, this is rather common.

Rather disappointed with the flight controls here, guys.
  10. Noktaj

True. And should be like this. The same as any mouse user should be able to erase joypad users in any infantry firefight. That's why I play infantry and let you guys play with your stick ;)
  11. Idono

Well i play infantry as well ;)
    It's just that i can use both equally as effective :p
  12. Mute5050

Unfortunately I use a Xbox controller to play this game with the xpadder programme, due to my dodgy wrists and sitting casualy back in a bean bag doesn't work very well with a Mouse and. Keyboard, I am constantly tweaking and modifying my controller with xpadder to get the correct infantry setup and seams to be coming along nicely, tonight I am going to try set up a flying profile for xpadder to use when I'm flying hopefully I don't come across these problems you guys are suffering from, but I shouldn't because theoretically I am using a keyboard.

Maybe you guys who are having problems with there joysticks should set there joystick up with xpadder?
  13. Sorbek

I fixed my sensitivity issue by going into the UserOptions.ini cfg file and changed joystick sensitivity down to 0.670000. You can only adjust it down to 1.000000 while in game. I did lose some speed on yaw/rolling but its much more manageable. I intend to slowly bump it back up as I get accustomed to it.
  14. Sdragoner

I dont try my MS Sidewinder 2 for that but the controls are freaking S*H*I*T with my game pad and I HATE to fly with the mouse, keyboard is okay because who the dafuq has buttons for all that controls? Tip one controller and the plane do a barrel role with no ending.
  15. Teshrrar

I stopped try fly using a joystick or gamepad. I tried a XbOX 360 controller and have the same bad experience as using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. High Sensivity and low speed yawn.

I will just be a common soldier and let the pilot things to do in World of Warplanes, MFS and etc.

Sad.
  16. Gonso7913

Yesterday Matt Higby, was in a stream on Twitch.tv from PC gamer, and i got to ask him if they were planing to fix and improve on Joystick support.
    His response was a very short "yes, definentely"
    I hoped for a better answer. but atleast its positive.
  17. planitsider

18. philux

This issue is crucial for me. Please integrate a proper joystick support. As a refrence the implementation and option menues of Rise of Flight should be used. The fine-tuning of the response curves and deadzone for each axis, including rudder and throttle is of utmost importance for ppl who take flying serious.
    So far I sank roughly $90 into PS2, I wouldn't mind to subscribe for a year if that will get fixed properly.
  19. TheCornHoler

I don't have anything to add other than to add my request for what is being asked. My Saitek is useless to me!
  20. henpara

Exactly the same here!

I even bought a joystick because i heard that you can fly things on PS2. Still trying to get a fix on the sensitivity thing with the ingame possibilities, but after hours of tries still doesnt work.

I promise i wont spend 1$ bevore they fix the joystick support problem!!

I even ask me when i have a flightstick, i cant even use its potential because of the poor programming style! (there is either full throttle or none at all, no matter if i do only 1% throttle, 50% or 100% on my joystick.)

All this makes flying with a joystick so unenjoyable! SOE YOU ARE definately LOOSING money here! LOSING MONEY!!!
    Much Money!!