If you use low settings, you can kill every infiltrator with ease!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Feb 2, 2013.

1. LightningWolfTigrBer

********. On low settings you couldn't see them at all, you had to turn your model quality up to at least medium. I think they went too far with this patch and that they should be more transparent, but infiltrators being completely invisible while cloaked on low settings was broken and I'm glad they've addressed it, even if they over did it.
  2. Zapon

In that case, Fellow Vanu, you should know YOUR SCIENCE

The scopes have show an emitted light from all soldiers- and don't you know it, soldiers peak in blackbody emissions in the mid infrared band- and also glow in Far Infrared as well! meanwhile, Near Infrared doesnt cause them to glow even with an near-IR source when shined on them-nor do they emit in Near infrared(last i checked our soldiers wereent running personal shields that were 500 c hot)

/This is the Sovereignty- we must solve the ignorance, for knowledge is our power
  3. NUKABAZOOKA

Once again. I'm saying that they are two separate scope modes in this game. I'm not talking about the real world applications of TIC's, NV, etc. You are being completely distracted from the real issue, which is the bottom line of what you quoted, yet ignored. Quit being distracted by these stupid IRNV vs. Thermal arguments that keep cropping up in all the posts relating to this subject.
    Our visibility SHOULD BE EQUAL ACROSS ALL GRAPHICAL SETTINGS. Not bright white/black on low and near invisible/fluid looking on medium/high.
  4. Inu

I agree, but based on the events of the past few days, i'll bet that this is more of a result of a rushed patch. Very likely that SoE will soon adopt a "ready-when-its-ready" ideology about announcing patch dates.
  5. OldOnyx

I haven’t seen a post in this thread that claims that bolt action sniper rifles have been nerfed or broken. You stay at one location and move very little throughout most of the video. Once the NC force is no longer distracted by the VS and begin to move closer, you are only fired upon after entering cloak. In addition, this is shortly after a decent number of them pass near by when you had it off. Your attacker may have shortly lost track of you after you ran in to the closest bush, but that says more about him than the current state of cloak in this game.

Hunter Cloak was most useful for staying off radar or reducing the chance of being spotted at medium or long range when moving from cover to cover. Since the patch, you’re better off not using it when there are enemies around that play the game under low settings.

I’ve mostly been playing with everything set to low and render quality between 80 and 95 percent since early December. Other cloaked infiltrators were not invisible on low settings and it just made them harder to see, track, and get headshots on. I’ve killed a decent number of them without using IR/NV and my aim isn’t that great these days.
  6. LightningWolfTigrBer

That may be true at between 80-95% rendering, but I have to play at 50% just to get my FPS up to around 30. I couldn't see them at all until I turned model quality up to medium. I don't think Infiltrators should be as visible as they are now, but it sure beats them being completely invisible to guys like me.
  7. sosolidshoe

Man, I guess I was a total sucker for carefully saving up the money to buy a decent gaming rig, eh? Should have just stuck with a cheapo decrepit machine instead and Forum Warriored any issues I had out of existence.
  8. LightningWolfTigrBer

I may have a ****** comp, but at least I'm not a ***** like yourself. Enjoy the infiltrator changes, friend.
  9. sosolidshoe

I'm a *****(you know, it is possible to insult people without triggering the swear filter, but I suppose you'd have to have a vocabulary superior to a chimp to realise that - case in point) because, when in the same situation as you(ie, skint), I somehow managed to muster up a teeny-weeny shred of self discipline and saved up some money? And because, having done so, I'd rather not have my experience in the games I play dictated by people who couldn't be bothered to find that tiny shred of will?

You don't get to change the rules of Golf because you have crummy clubs, or football because you don't want to save up for proper spiked shoes, so why should you get to use your sub-par computer as a sympathy-stick to hit the devs over the head with until they change the game to suit you?
  10. LightningWolfTigrBer

No, you're a ***** for being a sarcastic ***. Glad I could help clear that up for you.
  11. iller

This is hilarious. Their Art & Effects team is full of lulz. I could make a better cloak with just MSPaint, Notepad.exe, & a VTF converter.
  12. Xander Payne

The sad part is that the infil that ran up to kill him from behind didn't even bother to cloak since the noise might give his position away
    • Up x 1
  13. Apneal

I just exchanged a few messages with support. It seems you guys can get on the forums and whine, but can't take the time to get evidence together and relevant information and submit a support ticket.

Again: No one has submitted a support ticket on this.
  14. zijin_cheng

When I was trying out the SMG, I still cloak, because in intense firefights sometimes people don't notice a black/white outline running around, once I ran behind 3 NC guarding point C for the crown and shot them all without them knowing.

Most of the time, when I'm close enough, people don't have time to react to the sound when I uncloak and shoot them with the SMG, because its so close range.