If you use low settings, you can kill every infiltrator with ease!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Feb 2, 2013.

1. NUKABAZOOKA

I recently posted quite a bit of these images in other threads on this forum, but I felt it would be better to consolidate them within one thread to point out a huge flaw in the recent update.

Low:
    [IMG]

Medium/High:
    [IMG]

And while not using IRNV

Low:
    [IMG]

Medium/high
    [IMG]

It is clear that playing this game on a low graphical setting will give you a distinct advantage towards one class, effectively nullifying its ability.

I will be now playing Light Assault.
    • Up x 14
  2. Fethrion

Yeah, I've just noticed it, too. Infiltrators are now completely visible in low settings, and still easily visible in most others. I was getting freaked out at bad players spotting me. The cloak is now even more f***ing useless than it was.
    • Up x 8
  3. haldolium

I find it appropriate. If anything, the high setting should be buffed. Otherwise "thermal" would lose any meaning. It does what it's supposed to do, spotting heat sources.
  4. NUKABAZOOKA

IR =/= Thermal. You're Vanu, you should know your science!
    And no, It should be equal across all graphical settings.
    • Up x 10
  5. Aimeryan

You got to love SOE.

Problem before: Infiltrators too easy to spot on high graphics. Low graphics about right, maybe slightly too hard to spot. There should not be a difference between graphic settings as that is unfair and difficult to balance against.

SOE Solution: Make infiltrators very easy to spot on low graphics to make it 'fair'. Fail anyway because there is still a difference between graphic settings.

Anyone else's Solution: Make infiltrators the same at all graphic settings; somewhere between low and medium.
    • Up x 4
  6. Kiekeboe

The previous Low setting was retarted, Cloack was total invisible if you were not on top of the cloacker.
    • Up x 3
  7. Aimeryan

Most would prefer it to be balanced around this as RNG on whether the person sees you is an awful system to balance around. Regardless, I did say somewhere between low and medium.
  8. DirArtillerySupport

Well I think we can all agree if was wrong for SOE to discriminate against poor people ;-)
  9. Fethrion

IT'S HORRIBLE. Every single ******** Vanoob spots me now. Even the most stupid trooper will see me. My cloak was bad enough before - now it is terrible and completely useless unless the enemy plays blindfolded. Now there are literally no advantages to using cloak. If I infiltrate WITHOUT it, I can at least try and shoot at enemies from pistol before dying to their pew pew guns (with cloak up you can't shoot, what a surprise). Infiltrator is my main class. I'm not playing the game until you fix that horribly broken stuff, SOE.

It's a freaking CLOAK. It's SUPPOSED to make you invisible!
    • Up x 2
  10. Aimeryan

Heh. Either way though, discrimination against anyone is wrong - now it is discrimination against people who like to enjoy a game that looks good. I now have to choose to either take a deliberator handicap with nice graphics or godmode vision but the world looks awful.
  11. Daddy Tickles

Not just cloakers are gimped on low, so are smoke grenades.
    • Up x 1
  12. OldOnyx

As I've said in other threads, This is what I've been seeing since about an hour and a half after the patch:
    [IMG]

Moving infiltrators are slightly less visible now than they were initially, but anything beats a glowing white snow man. Both of these shots were taken at dawn and things get worse as the light improves. Not only are you worse off while using cloak than you were pre-patch, but you may be worse off for activating it at all depending on the terrain.
  13. Helwyr

Whatever, IR/Thermal shouldn't be highlighting cloaked players at any graphic setting, that's defeating what cloaks are supposed to do.
    • Up x 1
  14. Daddy Tickles

On the contrary, IRNV are intended to be a counter to cloakers. What is not intended is that users who have graphics on high should have a gimped version of that used by those on low.

Basically, all settings should make a cloaker glow like a light bulb in IRNV.
  15. Lakora

I have to thank you for the images without IRNV scope up, cause in the first shot that could of just as easily been without cloak being on at all. The later images support what you said tho. So thanks for that but yeah now that utterly sucks...
  16. Dr. Euthanasia

I know this is on the Infiltrator forums, but dear god, why would you support the spreading of this information?!
    • Up x 1
  17. NUKABAZOOKA

Because I want to make all infiltrators aware of why they are dying to Br1's.
    And also there needs to be an outcry on this forum, we've been given the short end of a stick for far too long.
  18. sosolidshoe

I've been (politely) Twitting at Higby and the PS2 account all evening on this subject; they've not even acknowledged it exists. I just sent a link to this thread, if you want them to actually see it, do the same.
  19. Nimas

Well, that was ONE WHOLE day that I was feeling happier about the possible state of our class. Guess I'd better go back to feeling annoyed ><

Whats truly annoying is that I am completely on board with having things that can mean people detect us and even allow more movement then current IR/NV, but there is no point if its like this.
  20. Helwyr

Give me a quote from a PS2 developer that said IRNV was a counter to cloaks?

By it's very name it has nothing to do with cloaks, IRNV is the counter to darkness, not light bending cloaks.

Basically, since it isn't that dark in PS2, IRNV should be removed from the game. It most certainly shouldn't aid in seeing cloaked Infiltrators by players looking for IFF crutches.