If you use low settings, you can kill every infiltrator with ease!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Rhinzual

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Older PCs (long ago in the early 90s and before) were terribly expensive for what they could do, but that's because the technology was still new.
  2. RobotNinja

Infiltrator cloaks were just fine during the last patch, regardless of your graphics card or system so this is not an issue with graphics cards...the issue is that the devs screwed it up.
  3. MisterBond

Sweet op, thanks for the info

I was playing this game on ultra config settings, game runs better then ever (Though loading times are WAY up) and was kind of upset that inf's are now invisible to cloaks

Then I found out through here, and now reddit and 4chan that if you have graphics on the lowest settings, inf's are visible with IRNV scopes like before

So now I'm forced to play on lowest settings just to stop a ambush class that has 400 health and 500 shields when I only have 500 health and 500 shields.

*golf clap* Bravo, just bravo. You want to make Inf cloaks this powerful, reduce their overall life/shields, cause they have too much for such an effective ambush class, or give us back the option of being able to spot them with IRNV scopes like before
  4. Astraka

You're joking right? Upset that an infiltrator can actually hold his own in close quarters? Give me a break.
  5. MisterBond

>Infiltrators given SMG's
    >Can run up to within 10m of you and won't even notice, can't spot them with IRNV scope
    >This is fair and balanced gameplay

No, the cloak what it is SUPPOSED to be used for is so you can hide on a hill side far far away, and when you finally got a shot, decloak and take out your enemy

Given the INCREDIBLY limited range on the IRNV scope, there's no bloody reason we shouldn't be allowed to spot Inf's with them if they are that close to you, period.

Either take away their SMG's, or restore IRNV's functionality. I don't see how having a scope with a limited effective range of 80m shouldn't be able to spot Inf's who as of with the newest patch can literally walk right up to you and you won't notice.

The point of the IRNV scope is to increase your visibility at the price of taking away your effective view firing range, past 60m inf render as black and white silhouettes, past 80m they stop rendering period. Its a huge price to pay for using one.
  6. Uberubie

How about actually reading the thread? The problem with the cloak is that it is incredibly easily to see on low no matter what, IRNV or not, if you play on low, you won't even need it. Also, you can see infiltrators past 10m easily even on medium or high, learn to pay attention. Also, decloak sounds, learn them.
  7. Thentar

This is what I see with IR at high settings. I have NO issue seeing cloakers with settings at max.
    [IMG]
  8. Dr. Euthanasia

I can only imagine how hard Light Assaults kick your *** if you're having trouble seeing Infiltrators on any setting.
    • Up x 1
  9. MisterBond

>95% invisible class
    >Hard to spot unless they are less then 15m from you
    >Somehow equates this to Light Assaults which are 100% visible

Yah nah you're just a jerk. Looking at your icon, you play Inf mostly, so I understand you wanting to keep a overpowered option
  10. Timeraider

Surely the fact that you cant see infils for some reason, while at 99,999999% of the people cloaked infils now are non-transperant white or black blocks ten times more visible then light assault.. and light assault still has stronger weapons no matter what you say.. certainly defines someones sanity...
  11. Nexidal

>Cloak is in no way invisibility, if you can't see it that's a l2p issue.
    >It sticks out for me like a sore thumb until it gets about 70-80m away. Also, if you can't hear the cloak sound, get a new headset.
    >Light Assault is still better at ambush because of multiple angles of attack.

Yah nah, you're just a jerk. Looking at your poorly made points I can tell you aren't very good, so I understand you wanting to nerf anything that's killed you.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tyzh

Someone has a hard time seeing cloaked infiltrators? Can we all point and laugh, or is that against the Code of Conduct?
    • Up x 2
  13. Droopy The Dog

*Guy plays on mute, rambos off alone, doesn't spot the obvious cloak effect walk right past him and gets shot in the back 10 seconds later, goes to the inf forum to tell them they're all OP*

HAR HAR!
  14. drNovikov

Not sure if troll or just... I never had a problem seeng cloaked infiltrator at any distance. And, by the way, cloak is intended to let them crawl into your base. Deal with it. Grow a pair. Try cloaking and sneaking inside a non-noob base.
  15. haldolium

I disagree. These scopes already are not the perfect solution for anything. They have a fixed zoom that makes it not proper for any situation, especially CQC. During day you might even get less visibility due to areas being overbright and of course, for medium-long distance they're completely useless because their render distance is around ~115 meters.
    So the usage of these alone is limited already. No point in nerfing them.

It's just necessary to make it equal for every visual setting, of course. How the images in #1 show it, thats definitively not the way it should be. But it should be for high as it is currently for low.
  16. zijin_cheng

I play infil 99% of the time, now when I cloak I turn black, which makes me easier to see when running up hills than other classes with camo on. Do you guys think they purposely nerfed the cloak even more to prevent other classes from whining that an "invisible" infil killed them with an SMG?
  17. funerealsparkie

Nerf Inf?OMG they're free XP already with their useless cloak... Shame on you and stop using Bond as your nickname
  18. Rippy

I think this is one case where there needs to be an unified look for every setting, performance be damned.

Even the lowest settings should have the same sharders and look as the highest.
  19. FladFox

Yesterday. No more from me <3
  20. schrodingers_cat

light is also part of the em spectrum so if the cloak can bend light it can also bend anything from radio waves to gamma waves and everything in between which includes heat signatures