If you help run or are the leader of one of the TR outfits read and reply.

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by Slyguy65, Feb 18, 2013.

1. netsky4life

about the tking that's defitnly true, but don't turn this into an odam bashing thread. They get stuff done, even if its ghostcaps sometimes those can be very helpfull when taking over a map.
  2. Sarmane

HOLY VANU that was a long verbal discussion about agreeing to disagree.
  3. ZargonAP

next time that happens, PM me or better yet(because I dont get on PS2 forums that often)

or go to http://odam-clan.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=12 and post it

please screenshot it for proof.
  4. Shanther

/popcorn
    • Up x 1
  5. Craigr910

Lets be honest here arguments between outfits never gets anything done and we get kicked back to the warpgate whenever this happens, however lets look at yesterday. Andvari Bio Lab was our last place on Esamir and ALL of the outfits that were on came onto Esamir to either try and break out of the warpgate or headed to the bio lab to help Ego, AJA and the rest of the TR trying to hold off the NC. Not only did we hold that place for several hours against constant NC attacks but we pushed out from the warpgate and secured a foothold. THIS shows that the TR can work together and when we do we kick ***. So can we stop mocking or insulting outfits cause of TK's it's Planetside 2 tk happens all the time, if its deliberate don't hold it against the outfit they belong to and as Zargon has said /tell the person's outfit lead about a tk if you can PROVE it was a deliberate TK. At the same time people are going to disagree about what is the best to do for the TR if we are pushing so all outfits have to give themselves some breathing room when it comes to that, if we can manage this then the whole TR benefits for a clearer and more decisive Orders/Leaders Channel which on the whole would make us a lot more effective
  6. LieutenantHuge

This thread is still a thing?
    • Up x 1
  7. Dr. Coathanger

And it's hilarious.
    • Up x 1
  8. Clevdawg

Alright, I'm just going to be honest here. The only time I ever see anything impactful done by odam and other outfits is when I get TKd. V1C1 is always on the front line though. We, in my opinion, are friendly open and strategic. We let anyone in because we rrecognize the potential in every recruit. We were the outfit that single handily won the crown earlier today, but could have done a lot better if we had some outer outfits helping us. I agree we need a major alliance to beat back the onslaught of NC we have been fighting but I think that the V1C1 shouldn't be underestimated by you guys. The TR need us, because we are pretty much the backbone on Indar right now. All these other outfits are the ones that need to consider working with us, we would be glad to have some extra support.
  9. Raiger

Based off this post I'm guessing that you're a relatively new player who doesn't yet understand the insignificance of the crown in the overall grand strategy of this game. However this game is what you make of it so maybe your goal was cert farming. For others it's about dominance, it always feels good to look at the map and see continents showcasing your faction colour. That is why a lot of outfits venture over to Esamir and Amerish to defend or capture them.

Fighting on Indar is great for the constant epic battles but where does it get you? The TR's ability to capture Indar relies on the VS and NC to commit a large part of their forces to other continents battling each other (as with what happens with NC and TR). The VS simply don't have the population numbers to draw a large NC force right now. And if you do end up capturing Indar, it just results in the other 2 factions "allying" to neutralize you.

It is very possible to hold Esamir and Amerish while keeping Indar neutral by shifting your forces among them, like the VS expertly did before the server merge. This game is all about population balancing; after all a world with infinite lives only serves to promote attrition warfare.

An entire platoon is hardly a couple of percent (if even) on Indar right now, I'm sure if V1C1 shifted a platoon over to Esamir while we were trying to hold it, we would have. Leaving Indar for a few hours would not have resulted in it's capture, this flexibility is what the TR faction as a whole needs to communicate about and agree on.
    • Up x 2
  10. Sgt. Spider

We have plenty of experienced leadership. Over a decade of team based FPS's under our belt.
    One of our key phrases to operating is "Always be flanking."

Most of our leadership has simply decided it is easier to help the ODAM zergs with tactical support than to try to steer or agree with the zerg movements.

Example 1: ODAM moves out of warpgate with 20 tanks on the road moving east. DD splits north and south through the hills with sunderers and flanks the point, creating a three pronged attack, moving infantry in on to point while ODAM bombards the enemy spawn/air/armor units.

Example 2: ODAM rushes into a main base for generators. DD will focus on taking down all surrounding outposts to help the effort and quell further enemy incursion to the main objectives.

In the command channel we usually respond to mature, well thought out calls for reenforcements and simply let others know where we are operating so that anyone can coordinate with us.

No merge will occur in the foreseeable future. We feel we have strong game tactics, good communication, and a willingness to work with others to accomplish objectives. If this is considered following then I suggest we all find some more followers to start pushing back the NC and VR.
  11. Ammathor

Holy ****, I didn't know necromancer was a class in Planetside to chose from.
  12. Codeak

This is only needed when the new game mechanics come out, lattice and lockable conts.
  13. PurpleOtter

Regardless of the internecine politics on this Forum, the welcome is still extended. We have the basic tools in place and are working on more advanced C&C options. If you are an outfit leader please let us know if you want to participate.