If you help run or are the leader of one of the TR outfits read and reply.

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by Slyguy65, Feb 18, 2013.

1. DJPenguin

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428021124296550785/

LOL what a tool this guy is putting others down with a track record like that. So much for leading by example.. there's more talent in my right index finger. Why his outfit lets him lead or his parents buys him a PC is beyond me.
  2. DJStacy

We have already established a working outfit alliance on Woodman, tho population might make us move if Woodman is left out in the wind to dwindle..........We even have an outside cmmd channel that cannot be listened in to :)
  3. JudicatorRex

I

. We are constantly asking where you need us Dragonlives! not where we need u. Honestly we don't care much if we get help, but we like to contribute to the overall picture and help the faction. The most common phrases I see Zekariah say in leader chat are as follows "At *insert hex* trying to do this" , "Do you need V1C1 anywhere, we are about to cap *Insert hex*"

Maybe you didn't read the same tid bit I did, but people are entitled to have bad days and everyone in that channel was acting like a complete tool which is even worse considering most of those outfits claim to recruit "mature" players. I'm not condoning anything that happened that night ( i don't know the conditions that brought it forth) but if your basing your opinion on our leader on one moment and refuse to judge the other outfit leaders behavior in that chat then you just have a problem with V1C1 and just refuse to be equal and unbiased. Also i'm not even bothered by any of the behavior exhibited by any of the leaders because wait for it! This is a video game! My only problem is the lack of equality between the criteria of judgement for leaders.
  4. Stodjt.au

Your leader zek told me to toe the line or get out of leader chat, and when i responded that no such thing was ever going to happen he told me my outfit was worthless, and that we should go **** ourselves. diplomacy yo.

I got on the next day and my australian timezone lads were telling me that they got TKed untill they left VC1C pugs. why should i trust you over them?

To any VC1C members reading this, leaders or members. hear me out: Its not about us thinking down on you. Its the complete opposite, sure you have numbers but that in no way means that you are able to dictate our operations and actions. We small outfits (HSTL TT6 BRSN etc) have all been judged by our peers as worthy. we are nothing more and nothing less than equals, can you imagine how insulting it is to be told we are merely a subservient element because we dont have force of numbers?

Zek decided to cast cajuals contributions to the war effort in a negative light (in combination with codeak, they are the best liberator team on the JG TR). Now cajual is a froth-mouthed prat and a well renowed troll but as far as im concerned, you cannot argue with results. Somehow, this transitioned into "**** all small outfits get under my bootheel or get off of leader chat" and went downhill from there. Partly my fault because im a terrible diplomat myself and diddnt respond to well to such assertions.

Oh this looks just like what one of my lads posted on our forums.

Now: my opinion is clearly biased, but my outfit shares my opinion that you regard us as a non-entity because we cant field mutliple platoons. TL;DR me all you want. Im not even sure why im typing this up because im pretty sure you already have an established motive for this post in mind, but hopefully someone can find clarity in this post for why this cause for dissent exists

At the end of the day, regardless of size HSTL demands you treat us as equals on a diplomatic level. You might believe you do, but from our point of view you only treat us with the respect deserving of a servant. This is why we presently cannot trust your leadership.

Im willing to work alongside anyone to achive results (just ask TRAF. We arent entirelly terrible, just a touch individualistic) but if you cant respect us then we cant even consider ourselves on the same team.

Christ. Maergoth from BOG treats us better, and he really dislikes us on a pretty major level. and hes vanu to boot.
    • Up x 3
  5. Dagonlives

Explain how 24 of our guys can rush a building that has an enemy force inside it in close proximity to each other while a couple of our tanks are bombarding and not lose a single person to friendly fire. We aren't on 'that level' that you just described. It's called being considerate and not mowing down the guy in front of you because you want the kill.

We don't require SoE to enforce the rules if we can just man up and do it ourselves.
  6. vaxx

This is awesome reading. Please add chapter 2, and 3.
  7. Badname3073

I wonder if I should move to Mattherson after reading all this.
  8. doombro

TT6 is always willing to work with other TR outfits. We still have yet to be fully acquainted with our new Waterson allies, and we'd like to start soon.

Just hop on our teamspeak, tt6.teamspeak3.com, and talk to our CO Helots or any available XOs.
  9. KiddParK

kind of a left handed complement, but we'll take it thanks.

The thing is it IS amazing because the VA all really respect and admire one another and work together as much as possible. To do this I wrote down a set of bylaws back in May that we all live and work by. I would suggest any alliance, regardless of faction take a serious look at the way we do biz and take from it anything you think valuable.

VA Bylaws

1. that every outfit should be autonomous. There is no commander of the VA.

2. that all egos should be checked at the door. This is a team effort. Everyone is equal.

3. every voice in the room has volume. (everyone's opinion is important and worthy of listening to)

4. no single member represents his/her outfit. Example: Every outfit has members of varying play-styles, attitudes and opinions. Nothing one single member does or says will be held as official position of that outfit. Members that have problems or opinions that differ with the other outfits will remember this and act accordingly. This goes into point 5

5. every outfit must respect every other one, in the game, on the forums, in RL at the Vanu Company Picnic I'd like to see happen one day. The fact that the vanu outfits have gotten together like this shows it right from the start. IF our respect for each other trickles down to the respective members of our outfits then it will do likewise in the battlefield.

6. that the outfits are there to support each other when possible, but not EXPECTED to. If outfit A wants to head west, and Outfit B wants to head East... and outfit C want's to leave the continent. We all wish each other well and go our separate ways for the evening. Each one can put forth ideas why their idea is the best and why we should do it, but in the end, the first point applies that every outfit is autonomous and can do anything they choose without repercussion.”

Best of luck.

kp
    • Up x 1
  10. LordMatt XLVIII

^This, Holy ****, THIS^
    • Up x 1
  11. Ronin Oni

It's funny... but I see more of the smaller outfits (TT6, HSTL, BRSN) than the larger outfits when we (ARG0) are out doing ops.

Anyways, IMO /orders /leaders and Command Chat could work just fine... just check your egos at the door. Share pertinent information, make requests if needed, offer assistance anytime, and ffs just have fun.

I sure as heck ain't gonna deal with trying to connect to 2 Teamspeak servers.... I gotta be in outfit TS and I'm sure most other outfits use TS as well.

In game comms should work fine for X-Outfit communications... especially since there's so little need for much of it.

I would like to say one thing.... those massive columns would be far more effective split into 2 or even 3 forces. The manpower I see wasted sitting and waiting on 250 point caps just boggles my mind.
    • Up x 2
  12. LieutenantHuge

See, the Jaegerson Drinking Club has that issue figured out.
    • Up x 2
  13. Ronin Oni

And what did you figure?
  14. PurpleOtter

Open your bookmarks in TS, right click on a bookmark and select "Connect in new tab".....
  15. netsky4life

In terms Off recent Leadership conversations posted here by mainly former Jaeger players/outfits this really sounds like a joke to me know. A good one though ;)
  16. Dagonlives

We didn't have any epic cluster****s like ODAM when I posted that :). None of our oufits actively Tk'ed each other. My statement stands. It hardly matters now.
    • Up x 1
  17. LieutenantHuge

No. That disables your microphone in one of the servers and only allows you to use 1 hot key.

What you do is add a -nosingleinstance to the target so you can open multiple separate TS clients.

Yeah I really don't know what that post was referring to. We, Jaegerson Drinking Club, are organized and work together well with no problems.
  18. PurpleOtter

That's another way to do it. If you do open multiple tabs, then you can set hot keys to cycle between them and then activate the current tab. The audio mixes down so you can hear all of them and or mute individual channels.
  19. LieutenantHuge

The thing is the disabling mics which is a headache and leads to alt-tabbing.

What I do, and most of us that do this, is open two separate clients and have 1 client connected to your home server and the second to the command server. Set up PTT hotkeys for both and a disable sound for the home client. Takes less then 60 seconds to do. Have the PTT hotkeys macro'd to my mouse thumb keys. This makes it super easy to communicate to both your outfit/platoon and speak in the command server to coordinate with the others.
  20. NaySayer

Funny, the last 3 intentional teamkills inflicted on me were from odam members. This wasnt me walking into lines of fire or running into grenades. 2 of them were from members in prowlers, in a friendly base, rolling around running friendlies over on purpose, I was one of them. The other one was a medic running around killing friendlies and reviving.
    Also, the only time I see most odam members in action is when there is none, ghost capping and running back to warpgate if there is any resistance.