If you are going to add an activation time to the HA overshield, give us one thing in return

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roll Fizzlebeef, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Roll Fizzlebeef

Remove the activation energy cost.

Heavy Assaults don't need TWO simultaneous preventative measures for toggling the shield on and off.
    • Up x 32
  2. huller

I'd also not complain if they finaly gave us acess to AR's and carbines
    • Up x 14
  3. Roll Fizzlebeef

I feel as if that would make the HA far too versatile.

I also think that only Engineers should have access to shotguns... maybe Combat Medics too.
    • Up x 7
  4. DeadAlive99

I'm very disappointed in the HA nerf. I have never found that it made me too powerful. I get slaughtered almost as fast and I also use nano armor.

In every game it seems, that people want every class equalized with equal TTK, and every nerf/buff request serves that end.

Maxes.........are supposed to be beasts. Period. Who would want to play a wussy max for 350 resources? What's the point? They are also super cool and confirm each time that we are not playing Counter Strike.

HA.......is supposed to be tough. It's supposed to take the hits and dish out a whooping. Otherwise, what's the point.

Sometimes I think people would be happy with one class, LA, that has a medic/engy tool, plus cloaking ability, and full weapon access. There you go. Nice and balanced.

Would love to see shottys limited to Engy and Medic. They're a perfect fit, and that's what I use for them. Probably would be a massive amount of rage to change it now, though.
    • Up x 6
  5. LT_Latency

Just use the resist shield instead. It last a long time and has a fast recharge
  6. Roll Fizzlebeef

I didn't dump 2250 certs in to my Adrenaline shield just so I could be forced to switch over to the Resist shield.
    • Up x 10
  7. Roll Fizzlebeef

Yeah, there would be an immense amount of rage.

The HA+Shotgun combo is extremely effective in CQC environments. Having a shield active plus a weapon that pretty much trumps all others in TTK is arguably TOO good. I abuse the hell out of that combo with my adrenaline shield. I almost never run out of shield as I mow down infantry that tries to charge at me.

I have hindered the progress of squads... not stopped... but a squad comes in, and only 4 are left to defend the point. (Also have to give some mad props to conc nades.)
  8. KnightCole

Conc nades...a real love hate relationship with me.

Sometimes they really pull off some sweet little 4 man streaks, I otherwise wouldnt have gotten....and other times they **** me in the face by blowing up in my hand....
    • Up x 3
  9. Robes

Adapt or die, pretty simple thing that people have to do with every change.
  10. Pikachu

No. Engineer annd LA already ahare weapona. We dont want less diversity. Diversitt is right kind of limitation. HA is fine being limited to their oversized ARs.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nephi1im

Or, maybe the delay was a balancing measure, and adding a perk to compensate would negate said balancing measure? Seriously, HA is already the most versatile class and most played. They need to buff the others, but toning HA down a bit is a step in the right direction.
  12. Nephi1im

Fixed it for you. Seriously, that suggestion is basically akin to the infiltrators talking about a sniper rifle with an explosive secondary... It's not helping your cause.
  13. AnnPerkins

increased velocity on rockets please
    • Up x 7
  14. Nephi1im

If you have trouble doing anything but sniping with rockets as is... you're bad and should feel bad. The last thing this game needs is more incentive to use explosives.
  15. Hoki

You're also TR where our TAR/Lynx/Jaguar hipfire monsters have nearly as much ammo as the MSW-R. ;)

And to everyone else in this thread, you don't get to bargain for buffs when the class in question is the highest performing, most common class in the game.

Especially when the details of the nerf are unknown.

I wonder what the peeps that play HA 24/7 would handle having only 900 effective HP... :eek:

roffle roffle
    • Up x 1
  16. Tuco

1998 CustomTF had wildly different types of performing sets of skill/abilities, far more asymmetrical than PS2, and it was balanced just fine.
  17. Van Dax

If you honestly think class usage should be entirely equal you're ignorant.

The game was designed with HA as the intended most played class. having as many spies as you have scouts is stupid in tf2, class based games are about team composition and coordination. Besides I think it'd be really stupid if there were just as many stealth guys as there are frontal assault characters, literally everybody would just be carrying flashlights and cloak would lose its purpose.

The fact of the matter is that HA's have objectively worse guns with their sole benefit of large mags. Seriously I'd pick a TAR over an Orion any day (better hipfire, more dps, etc etc. ten less shots whoopee) and everyone knows that they don't want HA's to have AR's because of this. So, the only real assault thing a HA has over a medic is the shield. Now with a delay to the shield you now have a class that loses head to head with the medic but is supposed to somehow be your mainstay soldier. All to prevent a situation that is entirely imaginary (the spin around and shoot a target behind you ha shield maneuver, the fact is latency and reaction time mean you should kill him before he turns around if he doesn't notice you until you fire. What you witness is a guy turning around before you open fire and seeing you at the same time as you do. latency and perspective.) or just to appease whiners who complain that they can't be the best infantry killing machine, kill vehicles, capture objectives, and have indisposable team based utilities (such as healing/reviving or replenishing ammo) all at the same time.
    • Up x 14
  18. AnnPerkins

spoken like an easymode vs
    • Up x 1
  19. Latrodectus

Good god finally some one who gets it. The more support classes you have in an area, the more you diminish the effect of those players. If you have too many medics in an area, they're too busy fighting over corpses and have nothing to support. If there's too many Infiltrators, then you're lacking in frontal assault power--not to mention that if the enemy starts to take note that there are a large amount of Infiltrator's in the area they will be especially wary to check corners and sniping roosts that they might otherwise ignore in a lesser state of alert. Now, while engineers don't really have this kind of negative scaling, they are pretty much the weakest class from an assault standpoint, and should only appear in large numbers during large defenses or armor zergs.

Heavy Assault is meant to be the meat and potatoes of your army, nerfing them so that they have a combat effectiveness relative to SUPPORT CLASSES is completely asinine.
    • Up x 15
  20. KillerRock

This

And This.

Who needs heavy assault charging the base. Let's have 100 medics lead the way!
    • Up x 5