If you are going to add an activation time to the HA overshield, give us one thing in return

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roll Fizzlebeef, Mar 22, 2014.

1. WycliffSlim

If a HA turns around after you started shooting it and then pops shield and kills you the problem isn't the shield. The problem is your aim.

If I get the flank on a HA the only time they win is when I have bad aim. I routinely spin around as Medic after being shot by a HA and cut THEM down because they have worse aim than me.

Yes, the HA shield gives you an advantage in a head to head 1v1 but it's SUPPOSED TO! The HA is the main infantry class, it's the tank, the one that goes in and soaks up the advantage.

Adding an activation delay to NMG and Adrenaline shield flat out goes against what they seem to be for.

Since they bleed resistance while active AND slow you down, activating it a second or two before you breach means that by the time you actually go through that door you've already lost the ability to resist about a bullet.

So yes, at close range HA's will win fights with other classes. But, that's fine they're intended to. Don't take on HA's straight in the face and if you flank them make sure you're close enough or have good enough aim to just drop them. I get flanked by people all the time who start shooting me from 30-40m away which lets me pop shield and get to cover and then fight them. If you're an infiltrator get on top of the HA from behind, unloak and they're dead instantly with an SMG.
    • Up x 9
  2. Odin

This nerf is going to be one of the toughest fights from the community for the devs. They are going to be fighting all the new "rockernoob" people who use ha as a crutch while running around with a rocket as their primary weapon for aa, av and to shoot at infantry. They are also fighting 75% of the "mlgpro" orion/msrw/jackhammer pro's who want to protect their k/d ratios while relying on their crutch. This is a lot of people in this game and will definitely be a lot of pissing and moaning for a long time over it.
    Personally I hope they adjust it somehow but I really don't know how much or whether this is the way to do it until it goes live.
    I really wont miss miss the rocket primaries everywhere who haven't learned how to aim and it would be nice once and awhile to kill a orion user under 20 metres when he screws up and cant just pop his "iwin" shield.
    I am not sure what all the fuss is about, if it wasn't too powerful I don't think we would see so much resistance to a change.
    All this "whining" just kind of proves the point, most of these people are just saying "don't nerf my stuff bro" although there are a few points that are important here or there.
    Having double the hitpoints of another player at will is a little op though, and it wouldn't even work in any other game but this is planetside so it does kinda work.
    No change would be bad for the game overall, nothing frustrates a new player or any player really like getting the drop on someone and running your mag dry because he popped his magic shield. Popping a shield solo against one opponent just feels cheap for me so I don't use it, I run a 3.01 infantry k/d overall and a 4.3 infantry k/d as heavy assault. I also don't use it much cause its as lame as auto shotties and rocket primaries to me to use against another player one on one.
    I wish SoE luck and personally I don't think they have the balls to see it through. I am guessing they will come up with a "excuse" to not go through with it once the forums blow up with crying from ******** ha's who have to think a little before using their iwin button.

Kind of curious what will happen to a lot of the vanu "mlg status" players we have on my server. I am getting a big bag of popcorn out when they start crying. On my server there are certain outfits who almost exclusively use ha with orion as soon as the fights get tough and steamroll everyone. Gonna be funny when that crap wont work so well.
  3. Odin

Yeah this is the "Ha" general player mentality, umm did you forget you can carry another freaking weapon, perhaps ha's intended purpose was to kill tanks, aircraft, maxes and just about anything else in the game lol. Not just to give you a instant "iwin" button against other infantry. jesus this **** is funny to read.
  4. WycliffSlim

And did YOU forget that a Medic never runs out of health and can revive teamates to keep a push going? I actually really like Medic for solo play because I don't have to worry about getting slowly wittled down. As long as I survive a battle I can reset my health in a few seconds. Typically my HA rampages come to an end around the time I run out of medkits and start getting wittled down a bit over time.
    • Up x 2
  5. Posse

It's damage reduction, that means each bullet deals 55% of its total damage, if a bullet deals 200 raw damage, then 200*0.55 = 110 damage against resist shield.

That means, that in order to do 1000 damage against resist shield you need X damage such that

X * 0.55 = 1000
    X = 1000 / 0.55
    X = 1818.18
    • Up x 2
  6. Odin

what point are you making? I am talking about this dudes point that "ha brings nothing more to the table other then a shield" what is yours?
    I don't care about the other balance simply stating the foolhardy idea that ha's do nothing if they don't have a shield they can pop instantly, I could care less about it to be honest. If ha's were using the shield as the devs intended there wouldn't be a nerf, apparently they are so I guess they are nerfin it. Don't go looking to start a forum fight lol
    I really could care less either way, but from my perspective all we see on the forum is ******** ha players looking to keep their iwin button.
    Its not like anyone else is complaining.
  7. Fenrisk

Nerfing the heavy shield won't be enough for the whiners. Next it will be infiltrator cloak then LA jump jets as all 3 of them abilities enable a smart player to rack up kills. Ironically enough infiltrators and LA's are far better at killing infantry then any heavy. They both can drop a heavy BEFORE he pops his shield by headshotting it from a unseen angle :eek: but lets ignore that little fact shall we?

This is about nerfing anything that owns casuals who run in a straight line towards the enemy rather then flanking them or using other class abilities to take them out. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  8. WycliffSlim

HA's have been using the shield exactly how they use it now since... Beta. If that wasn't how the Dev's "intended" for it to be used it would have been changed by now. Based on the design of the shield it very clearly IS how it's designed to be use because the role tha NMG/Adrenaline fulfills is an oh **** shield. Resist shield fulfills the more tactical and pre-emptive shield usage.
    • Up x 1
  9. Odin

Why would you complain about the nerf? do you need the instant shield to kill casuals? And if you need it doesn't that kind of support the idea of the nerf?
  10. Posse

[IMG]

Yep, I definitely need that "crutch" :rolleyes: (oh and btw, since the API didn't track deaths with specific weapons in the first few months, my KDR with the Orion on Waterson should actually be lower than what it says there)

Lol, it doesn't have double the hitpoints, with Nano 5 + Adrenaline you have 1900 vs 1250 of any other class with Nano 5 (except infiltrators), that's 1.52 times the HP, not twice

If you are this guy, which I assume is the case since the infantry K/D is exactly 3.01 (though I don't know where you saw the HA K/D) then I don't know where you're overperforming as HA, your GD-7F K/D is higher than the combined K/D of the Anchor and the EM6. Btw, I find it funny that you find that lame while having lolpods and viper lightning as your most used weapons
    • Up x 5
  11. Odin

Bro I dunno what point or why you are trying to argue with me, I clearly said "apparently" the devs don't like the shield the way its being used (and apparently I am right because they called it a "iwin" button and are nerfing it). I have no idea why, who or what stats they are looking at. Take your problem up with them both of us have no idea "why" they are doing it I certainly don't have access to that.
    Jesus go find someone else to have your forum war with, complain to the devs.
  12. NCstandsforNukaCola

Whiners... Whiners never change..

Seriously it is such a suprise that some still don't even underdstand why HA is fine NOW

Reasons with some mathematic are already told more than enough
    But still some whiners do not get it
    or should i call it trolling?
    I'd like to post the troll meme of Futurama
    • Up x 1
  13. PanzerGhost

no no no give Heavy Assaults portable lift pads to scale small-medium walls. So we can be like special forces :cool:
    Plus, since so many bases have been redesigned to protect infantry from vehicles or air, there are a lot of walls and chokes to get into a base. The portable lift pad could show up on the minimap to both friend a foe. Oh well, I can dream.

In general though, heavy assualt seems to be the anti-team helping class, no passive abilities or utilities that help others out, just a shield to help yourself yolo against enemies.
  14. Roll Fizzlebeef

I should mention that there already is a delay... it's called lag.

Numerous times I have been dropped AFTER I pop my shield because it hasn't activated on their side. An additional delay will only make this more common.
    • Up x 3
  15. Eyeklops

It already has 2, if they add a delay it will be 3.
    1. Limited Movement
    2. "X-mas tree" light up shield visible through all fog/smoke. Everybody shoots at the glowing HA shield.
    • Up x 3
  16. Elrohur

Once again the talking / balancing is made around 1v1 fights and situations.
    Is the shield an instant win button saving you from poor situation awareness ?
    It can be so, sometimes (if you have the time to activate and shoot back), but then again the only purpose of HA is to kill stuff ... Vehicles / MAXes and Infantry like. Since it is their sole way to gain XP.

Now, that may sound weird, but medics (for example) shouldn't be fighting alone. Also sometimes you do not have the choice but theoretically support classes shouldn't be wandering alone everywhere.
    LA and Inf is something else, but they already have the weapon to deal with HA.

Was this shield really a problem ? Is the game going to get better with the ramp up ?
    Wait & see I guess. I just hope SoE won't be screwing up as much as render it useless as they've already done when "balancing" stuff in the past.
    • Up x 1
  17. Eyeklops

Run Speed / Stamina Regen Rate: PJ's > Infiltrator > Agile > Rexo
    Armor / Inventory Capacity: Rexo > Agile > PJ's > Infilitrator
  18. emjayz

have the HA mLgeePr0z arrived yet claiming that 1v1 doesnt matter because everyone playing heavy means thats balanced? or any "youre making the game CoD friendly" rants from people that live on the most cheesy class in the game? or that the purpose of 5 different classes is for one of them to be played by 80% of the people at any time? or the snide remarks about whiners and back-in-mah-day stuff without actually making a point defending the largest set of crutches this side of Grey's Anatomy? or that vehicle combat is balanced around nearly every infantry being able to pull a ranged rocket launcher from his/her posterior but that this is like totes ok?

or, have we got the people regurgitating the "*'fact'*" that HA is supposed to be the number one autowin class in planetside 2 even though to my knowledge not a single dev has ever, EVER said anything along that line?

reading up the page, Odin seems to be the only one who gets it. (insert brofist here) as much as i dont enjoy insulting others first, it will most certainly be interesting to see certain outfits of clones have to actually start playing an FPS and if they can retain their statuses as such. i also definitely agree that the outcry from this is veryyy likely going to be loud and nasty, and i hope the devs can weather the storm. it WILL make the game much better, even if the creators of the cheese start serving wine along with their usual meals. :eek:
  19. Goretzu

If they aren't supposed to be used reactive - fine (they were, but if they'd changed that now, fair enough).

However if they aren't supposed to be used reactively then the NMG and Ad shields need to be at least AS useful proactively as the resist shield is.

Just sticking a significantlydelay on the NMG/Ad shields DOES NOT do that, it just makes the Resist Shield the all rounjd BETTER shield to use.

(no one will use NMG/Ad shields if this is the case, because the resist shield will simply BE better - again, as it was before the last nerfs).
  20. WycliffSlim

As someone who has played other ground classes more than HA, I have no problem dealing with HA shields.

I've died 3,720 times to HA. About 1/5 of my deaths are to HA. Yes, it's slightly higher than classes other than engineer(I fly a lot so I die to vehicles, ie engineers). But I'm not seeing a massive discrepancy here. HA isn't an overpowered class and if you have consistent real problems dealing with them then you're getting outplayed.
    • Up x 2