Idiots beleive Gatekeeper OP while reality&fact disagree

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Chal

Being pulled alot by itself doesn't prove something is Op but think back at all the things in the past that were nerfed at their peak of being OP AI Libs, Zoe, PPA, Rockets pods, Tank AI mainguns they all had the OP combo of easy to use, very effective at their role, low risk high reward and as a result lots of people spammed them. It's the same for the GK-H.

Halberd
  2. cyb_

Player C kills 20
    Player D kills 50

Uhh, ohh. Wait, what?!
  3. Reclaimer77

Because it doesn't NEED one? It's got the best primary weapon in the game....
  4. cyb_

Nope.
  5. Respawn

Everything you said is completely true. However, how do we come to a consensus to define what is long range? Is it 200m, it 500m? It can be any range really, but the developers account for this by making 'long range' combat difficult by implementing mechanics like bullet drop, bullet velocity, bullet bloom, recoil,etc. The game is (for the most part) balanced in this respect by making it progressively more difficult to land consistent hits against moving targets from longer ranges. Even the most skilled player will find if difficult to hit another moving tank from 400m away.
    As I understand it, the community is arguing that the GK is essentially bypassing all of these factors that make long range combat relatively harder and slower paced versus close range.
    By all means the TR deserve to have a long range weapon, but they don't deserve to break the game in the process.
  6. OldCuban

I would use http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/ and compare it to the other two faction specific weapons that were released at the same time. Even though they all have a niche, they're all pulled about the same amount of times.

On a funny note, the Vulcan actually has a higher KPH than the GK.

If you still want to compare the Enforcer to the GK, look at this month's stats again. The Enforcer's KPH is actually higher! And ironically enough, so is the Saron's!
  7. CapEnTrade

Well then you obviously don't understand that the fact that variables inside the player-base effect the average and in no way can you prove what you said. Regardless, that number is still that number and it's pretty close to the other averages which are made the same way.

Everything you say is moronic. I'm done talking to you.

If what you said was true, the other weapons would have a higher kill average because less use them.
  8. Jeslis

Err, I would disagree that the Saron is the Close range weapon. Its actually intended as the VS long range weapon.. it is SUPPOSED to be the comparable empire specific long range weapon to the gatekeeper..
    Given that, the saron, forced to fire MUCH slower (due to bloom), at long range, has .. what.. half the dps as the gatekeeper? (There was math somewhere about 3 weeks ago that proved this if you were trying to pinpoint long range accuracy (400m+)
    Not to mention the GK has higher velocity then a laser beam :( (yes, realism! I know! No place here!.. but take it from the stance of: its supposed to be a long range laser, shouldn't it be faster?)

I would make an argument for the fact that: The GateKeeper is a BETTER (400m+) Long range weapon, then what is supposed to be the long range weapons of the NC/VS.
    Now, hold on a sec.. by better I dont mean its OP, I don't mean that its outscoring VS/NC by a significant margin.

What I mean is.. I'm in a vanguard, in a long range loadout (AP/zoom, Enforcer/zoom), and I am engaged by a prowler at long range.
    We begin to attempt to close with the prowler (For arguments sake lets say the prowler is not deployed like an idiot, or at least, doesn't STAY deployed)
    What happens?
    We 4 (2, 2/2 tanks) are firing at eachother, both of us are moving. Who is actually getting hits? The gatekeeper.
    I'm not saying the Main gunners aren't getting hits, but arguably, given equal skill, they are both *missing* the same average amount.
    The problem lies in the Enforcer vs Gatekeeper gunners. The enforcer reticle is terrible, the drop is insane, making the gun extremely hard to use against STATIONARY targets at >300m range .. at least until you dial in the range perfectly, usually stationary yourself.

TLDR: If the enforcer and Saron were truly LONG range weapons, there would not be QQ against the gatekeeper. I would accept dmg and rate of fire nerfs for Velocity buffs, better aiming reticle, no bloom (saron)

I'm not asking for the near pinpoint accuracy of a gatekeeper. I just want something to compete at LONG range.
    Midrange and closer? we're all just fine.
  9. CapEnTrade

You view is incorrect because more people are using it and thus you think it's breaking the game because that's what you perceive to see. When in reality the player base has not fully adapted yet to deal with the new ranged threat, esp in bulk.
  10. Jake the Dog

Usually ignorant people are the ones screaming the loudest.
  11. CapEnTrade

You could say that, but calling me ignorant is an ignorant thing to do because you're essentially denying the facts.
    Also, it's a fact that using larger text helps keep points sticking when people ignore you.
  12. Jake the Dog

It makes people think you're a blow hard and yes it makes you look like a child.

Sig not helping lol.
    • Up x 1
  13. Flag

That statement was the basis for why the PPA was nerfed.

Are you saying the old PPA was fine and should be reinstated?
    • Up x 2
  14. Jake the Dog

You say its trade off is low dps?
    GK: (160x170)/60= 453.33 dmg/s over a period of ~13s at all ranges.
    Enforcer: 500 over a period of 8s. -Not accounting for drop-
    Saron: (284x6)/(1.2s time to fire an entire volley + 2.5s reload)= 460.54 dmg/s @<100m
    Saron: (1704)/(3.7s+ (.3s time it takes to aim another shot x 5)= 327.69 dmg/s @>100m

Can you elaborate weapon stats-wise how the GKs near perfect accuracy at 700m is not broken at all. Without caps-lock, bold, italics and anything that would make you look like an uneducated fool.
    • Up x 2
  15. FateJH

There have been more threads against the Gatekeeper than in its favor so far, at least as far as these forums are concerned. Same goes for most "nerf" topics which become as a cacophony after a time.
  16. WetPatch

E kills 4
    F kills 2
  17. GaiusJuliusCeasar

I think that what people are looking for is something other than you stating something as fact. I know they are all morons, I for one would believe you, face value, if you told me the moon was of green cheese. But not the morons oh no they don't think "stuff" is true(ie. fact) just because you say so, hence they ask for evidence, not a repetition of your own - in-post unjustified opinions

But one might start defining OP - is that purely the weapons stats, I think most agree that the GK is not OP in the cold stats.
    but there are a number of charactaristics that in combination makes the weapon "too" easy to use. and yes that will bring the number of players using it up. it has brought it up to a level where other people do not think the game is fun any more - that constitutes OP to me.

you style is I guess very much in line with the lore of TR - but there is a reason the NC rebelled, they don't like bullying (us in VS are tripping on some bad mushrooms so no need to listen here)
  18. CapEnTrade

I'm saying you're full of crap, don't extrapolate this into something unrelated.
  19. Jake the Dog

One of which is mine, I haven't been calling people idiots in caps-lock however. All I usually get is this basically:

I do so like that video lol
  20. CapEnTrade

I've stated this probably a a few dozen times, it's a fact that using large text helps points stick and stick out. I don't care what you perceive, it gets the job done.