Idiots beleive Gatekeeper OP while reality&fact disagree

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Idiocy

It's like talking to a wall. I feel you're pushing a biased agenda, possibly because you REALLY like using it as it is and don't want to see it changed.
  2. CapEnTrade

1. What am I pushing? I've asked for no changes to the gatekeeper or any other weapon here.
    2. Your name is very suiting.
    3. I don't use the Gatekeeper too often.
    4. Don't main TR anymore.
  3. Chal

Here ya go:

Harasser:
    [IMG]

MBT:
    [IMG]

Not sure how it's the "6th best performing secondary". Again though the MBT GK looks fine but the GK-H not so much.

Hey Cap is Average playtime the "Usage stats as per individual basis" you were talking about? because ya... that's stupidly high on the GK-H too.

What facts are people ignoring? All you've done is chest thump and insult people, you've yet to show any stats or facts that back up what you're saying.
    • Up x 2
  4. CapEnTrade

Well, you for example keep ignoring that because more people use it, it gets more use and therefore more kills and therefore it is more noticeable and that none of this makes it OP in any way.
  5. Nody

It produces same DPS as a Saron doing full speed mag dumps at 500m vs Saron's 10m effective range and is pulled excessively by all of TR; has the fastest bullet speed, least drop and on top of it all zero cof by comparison to all long range AV options with the highest KPU (that's Kill Per Unit; i.e. how many kills is each pull of the weapon doing which is not affected by the number of it pulled). Compare this to the PPA which had SAME KPU as it's faction counterparts and was only nerfed because it was used a lot (due to lack of good long range AI for VS).

Yes, Gatekeeper will be nerfed and yes TR will sit sulk in a corner that their OP toy is no longer OP; the only thing you can hope for it will not get the PPA or ZoE treatment but honestly I'd not count on it.
  6. CapEnTrade

You'll notice the 'average kill stats' are actually pretty freaking close.
  7. WetPatch

Because the Average goes down the more people use it.
    • Up x 1
  8. CapEnTrade

This statement makes no sense and can not be validated. There are too many variables to claim somthing such as this. Your "science" is bad.
  9. WetPatch

Yes the Science of Math is bad.
    • Up x 2
  10. Respawn

Facts don't necessarily correlate to actual experiences in the game. You might have noticed recent that the GK has a unique ability to 'dissolve' enemy armor formations. What I mean by this is that more and more targets either run for their lives or find cover when fired upon a GK on a harasser parked 400m away. It's very difficult to close that distance and retaliate. I know that the GK isn't the only thing in the game that can do this, such as tanks , turrets,etc. What makes the GK unique in this situation is its bullet mechanics makes it nearly impossible to evade versus classical tank rounds that have bullet drop and much lower relative velocity. The developers intentionally didn't make every factions tank rounds fire completely straight with insane velocity.
  11. OldCuban

What game are you playing? Are you serious about in game stats being accurate? If so, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! No seriously, you're kidding right? If you're not, you may want to do some research on the accuracy of your statement. It's a well known fact that in game item stats are FUBAR.

I will concede that the Enforcer does indeed need a velocity buff. And it does indeed require more skill to use than the Gatekeeper.
  12. CapEnTrade

Well then Einstein, give me the equations by which you calculate this BS.
    Because I'll tell you now, there is no math that can prove what you said.
  13. CapEnTrade

1. More people are using it, this is connected to what you described.
    2. There is thing called countering where you equip something to deal with far off armor, like a tracking rocket, or a long range tank yourself, or a few airplanes, or turrets, or even getting closer. Not the TR's fault for using a long ranged weapon as a long ranged weapon.
  14. Movoza

Well as you started the thread, I still haven't seen any conclusive facts. In your first post for example. I've seen a comparison of accuracy and damage. Yes it is similar to it's counterparts, but on longer range too. Yes it is a accurate as both the Saron and the Enforcer, but the Enforcer still has drop and the Saron needs trigger discipline to keep the same accuracy, reducing it's damage. Looking at some stats can go a long way, but the stats provided don't give a full picture unless you start doing real statistics with them. They aren't "finished" yet. Also, playstyles come looking around the corner. If the Saron and Enforcer Harassers are on par with the GK Harasser, but the GK is 1/3 and the other 3/3 for example, then the stats show only so much.

As it is now you who is saying it is balanced, while so many feel it is not, take away our doubts and show us that it isn't OP.
  15. WetPatch

Really?

Player A kills 10 people

Player B kills 1 person

What is the Average?
  16. CapEnTrade

I wish people would listen. Perhaps the reason you've not seen the facts is because 1, you missed them. Or 2, you're ignoring them.

1. More people using the Gatekeeper
    2. Gatekeeper is a long range weapon, duh it does well at long range.
    3. Comparing other weapons to GK is not a good way to establish anything. The only aspect that matters is that It's not really dominating it's counterparts, as seen the "average kills" are all pretty freaking close.
    4. It's being used more because it provides a good an new experience to the TR in an area that TR has lacked since the beginning.

ALL FACTS, ALL HAVE BEEN STATED, SOME MANY, MANY TIMES.
  17. CapEnTrade

Expound please, that explanation... is SO. BAD.
    Also, please answer the question.
  18. Reclaimer77

When it comes to vehicles I don't think the TR can credibly say you "finally" have something effective. The Prowler is by far the best tank, we all know this. Then we have the Vulcan-H which is pretty much the most obscenely overpowered vehicle-based weapon that's ever been introduced in the history of video gaming.

Now the TR have the Gatekeeper on top of all that.

So if they aren't one-clipping my Sunderer within seconds with the Vulcan, they're blasting me to pieces from extreme ranges.

Maybe the Gatekeeper itself is fine. But Prowler + Vulcan + Gatekeeper = something is broken with vehicle balance.
  19. CapEnTrade

Actually I can, the TR have not had a specific secondary tank weapon that works good outside of relatively close ranges.
  20. WetPatch

Answer the question?

How the hell do you think the averages are formed?

Its maths not some sort of black magic, are you a total moron?