I play for kills, and certs, only.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, May 31, 2013.

1. ExquisitExamplE

Well, I've never heard anyone use the phrase "I don't give a dry rat", so that's interesting. That said, you seem like a jerk.
  2. Seranov

3. Ash87

You know part of his point was that lattice or hex really doesn't matter from his perspective, because it's just about wholesale slaughter.
    • Up x 4
  4. Klondik3

OP has a point.

What is the main reward in this game? XP.
    Fastest way to get it? Killing enemies.

Imagine the game without "Enemy killed; +100XP" notification. I bet it would feel a lot more 'empty'. XP is the game reward and it produces a small dopamine response in majority of players and thats what keeps them playing.

Strategic aspect of this game is lacking and I don't understand people who enjoy waiting 15 minutes for an organized gal drop only so you can cap some empty base...
    • Up x 1
  5. Dis

For certs, for power, for whatever.
  6. Cab00se187

That's cool that you only play for kills. Stay out of my Alerts then so we can open it up for good players who want to win.
  7. Eyeklops

I agree with the OP as I also play for fun, not for territory. Resecures happen if it's beneficial to my farm, or if it looks like a better farm. Areas with more friendlies than enemies bore me and I do my best to avoid them. "Reinforcements Needed" spawn points = awesome (most of the time).

To all the players who want to come in here with a "better than you cause: large tactical outfit" attitude and try to rag-on my playstyle I say: You need me, and players like me. Why? Kill-hoors are typically faster to respond and more mobile than 90% of the zergfits on any given server. We don't need to wait for a bus, galaxy, orders, pizza, group pee break, or whatever slows down the "tactical" zergfits. We redeploy and start killing in the affected area on demand. We are knights among peasants, saviors to the outfits full of the weak and unskilled. Ok, well maybe I made the last part a bit over-dramatic but I think you get my point.

Just so it's clear, I am not talking about "casual" players.
    • Up x 3
  8. Eyeklops

He plays for certs too, so it would be in his best interest to be on an alert continent and being productive.
  9. GhostAvatar

10. IamDH

Its shocking
    Someone makes a thread saying he plays for fun
    AND PEOPLE DISAGREE?!
    • Up x 2
  11. GhostAvatar

Considering he disagrees on how other people play for fun and actively mocks that style of play, are you really surprised?
  12. Seranov

No, he made a thread saying that he has no intention of doing anything worthwhile besides trying to kill things, to the exclusion of attempting to hold/take territory. That is NOT okay.

See this fellow?

This fellow is doing it right. He makes an active attempt to go out and do things that are beneficial to his faction. This is very different from the kind of guy who will sit in a spawn room and pick off easy targets for danger-free certs.

I don't quite agree with everything Eyeklops says here, of course, but he's at least being a useful participant of his faction.
  13. Snib

So much self righteousness in this thread. OP is clearly trolling but that cannot change the fact that most players do exactly feel and play like he is saying.
  14. Cab00se187

No it wouldn't. Sitting in a bio lab for 2 hours doesn't contribute to taking territory. Farming certs does not win an alert.
  15. PhilDun

Let me predict your future.

Farming certs is fun for a while. Then, after you have enough certs for everything you want, it gets stale. That's when you actually start to care about the game.
  16. Eyeklops

Heh, I do plenty of spawn room camping. I'll redeploy into a totally lost base just to snag a few "shield" kills on occasion (daily) if there isn't any other good farm. Also, I said "knight", not "white knight". ;)
  17. Seranov

Would you say you spend more time attempting to go find fights, or spending time in spawn rooms trying to get easy kills? Putting yourself in the fray in an area where your faction needs the help may not be the most effective method of helping out, but it's better than nothing.
  18. Eyeklops

So defending a facility isn't productive? Sorry man, but to win an alert requires both offensive and defensive elements. Not many real killa's want to spend time anywhere unless: target rich, i.e., a place that probably needs defended). Once the attacking zerg realizes the futility in trying to take a well defended bio-lab they usually disperse to the surrounding capturable facilities. This causes a lack of targets at the bio-lab and greatly upsets many kill hoors to the point they seek out a new "target rich" facility.

The point: Assuming a person will be unproductive in an "alert" because they only play for "kills & certs" has no logical basis.
  19. simmi1717

LMAO. I feel like I wrote this. You described how I feel word for word. I think it's because I came from Unreal Tournament where we play only for kills. The more kills I get, the better. The more things I unlock that make me better at killing people and take out whole squads of them, the better. I always go to the most crowded place. I even go to a place where there are 48+ enemies and only 1-12 allies detected. I like playing on a faction that's underpopulated. I play LA 83% of the time because all LA does is kill people. I don't give a rat's *** about platoon leaders or squad leaders order. He tells me to abandon the bio lab because we are losing it, I stay there and keep fighting. I only join squads and platoons so that it lets me squad deploy to a target rich facility or so that I can use the spawn beacon.
  20. Eyeklops

The former.