I am a GOD!!!!!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shredthewolf, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Weirdkitten

I must admit to chuckling even harder when I am in my hacksaw MAX, yes :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Vadimir

As I said, I wasn't saying I agree or disagree with your stance, merely pointing out that the particular argument that I quoted wasn't valid. Nothing more nothing less.

Oh and careful about making bets you can't keep because I might hold you to it :p.
  3. TheHolyDuck

problem solved
  4. Sturmritter

This discussion hasn't even taken into account that a lot of NC MAX's are outfitted with Airbursters and then find themselves in close combat with infantry or other MAX's. The Airburster does significant dmg, but against an Anti-Infatry MAX will get pummeled unless you can keep the Airbursters squarely on the target's head (which isn't easy, given the recoil). Experienced Airburster MAX pilots can use these weapons in an Anti-Infantry role, and the range is significantly better than the "Standard" Hacksaws. Plus, with extended mags the Airbursters get 50% (as opposed to +5) more ammo. This allows sustained fire at range. A close charge of an airburster max by an Anti-Infantry MAX will usually take one out though (I speak from experience on this). The Anti-Kinetic armor is great too, but requires an engineer to tag along fixing you all the time. The nanite Armor allows for MAX independant action, and this is where you can really rough up some straggler's day., and be prepared by the time you encounter another straggler. I've found the only draw-back to not having an engineer tag along is the conservation of ammo becomes key.

Just saying, you won't always find an Anti-Infantry MAX in a face to face MAX duel.
  5. Dreadnaught Wrex

What? ummm.... Maybe its just me or my server. But I have never seen a AA NC MAX within range of either my HA or TR MAX. I have 90 hours logged on a HA and 32 hours logged on my TR MAX. And I have always seen NC MAXes with dual shotgun/defualt combo. Which now that I think of it, I find weird.
  6. Devrailis

AA MAXes aren't going to be running around looking for infantry fights. I run AA quite a lot since I spend so much time in a MAX suit, I swap out AA the moment it becomes clear that infantry are more of a priority. I've already hammered out as detailed an analysis of the MAX armours as possible in other threads, I'm not going to repeat them here. AA MAXes are also irrelevant to MAX-vs-MAX balance issues.

The issue people have, (really, the ONLY legit issue people have) is that the TTK an NC ScatMAX has against its TR/VS equivalents is extremely low. Just buff MAX small arms resistance so people who know what they're talking about can finally stop beating this dead horse.