I am a GOD!!!!!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shredthewolf, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Shredthewolf

Kinetic Armor 5, Dual Mercies, Extended mags on both.

This is really what TR maxes should have been like to begin with, after about 5000~ certs the TR max is actually amazing, it took alot to get here, but boy is it worth it.

Ask me all your questions you Kinetic armor 5-less swine!
  2. RobotNinja

Well if Kinetic Armor 5 does resists 5% of small arms damage, if 1 bullet does 150 damage then with Kinetic Armor 5 that means it does only 142.5 damage right? That seems pointlessly marginal for the costs of over 2200 certs. Or am I understanding it wrong?
  3. Shredthewolf

Its an additive 5% on top of the 80% bringing your total resistance up to 85%, bringing down how much damage you bleed from 20% to 15% I forget the math exactly but you have 10000 HP to small arms by default, and 13333 total with KA 5
  4. RobotNinja

Ah, okay. That makes a bit more sense. Thanks.
  5. PaperPlanes

Hmm. I was working on getting Flak for my MAX because I hate people popping me with dumbfire rockets and trying to C4 me.

I want dual Cosmos someday but I am getting by with the Quasars for now I guess. Maybe dual Cosmos and KA 5 would show me a different level of the MAX.
  6. Shredthewolf

Ka5 is a different level of max, for sure. As for your cosmos, Do not get them, they are the best, but definetly because of a bug, they have the Blueshift accuracy, so expect a nerf on those.

Flak armor will not prevent any damage from a Direct hit dumbfire. Kind of sad.
  7. PaperPlanes

Can you confirm that Flak armor won't negate direct rocket damage? It doesn't surprise me if it's true. But in any case I have Flak 4 right now and I barely notice any difference, pretty sure one C4 brick still kills me anyway. I am sitting on about 2.5k certs right now and continuing to save up, part of me wants to hit the 10k cert limit before I go on a spending spree, just so I can see what happens with the February patch.
  8. Shredthewolf

I'd like to say that get KA5 now, its probably your best bet, even with the FLAK armor, it'll take a clip from a gun to kill them after the c4
  9. MaxDamage

Been there, done that.
    Still get faceplanted by OP NC MAXes.

Against regular infantry they are exactly what they should be (minus faction specific deployment mode).
    • Up x 1
  10. PaperPlanes

That's very true.
  11. RobotNinja

Stop running up to give them hugs.
    • Up x 6
  12. Olek

For some reason that does not look right, if 5% gives you an extra 3333hp, how come the other 80% only gives you 10,000, or less even.

100 points damage without KA is 20 damage.
    100 points damage with KA 5 is 15 points of damage.

So if you were to take 10,000 damage
    With the built in 80% you would take 2000.
    With The KA 5 you would instead take 1500
    So for every 10,000 points of damage you take you are better off 500 points? 4-5 shots from a carbine?

Long time since I was at school, so forgive me if I'm wrong ;)
  13. Frosty The Pyro

its more than 4-5 shots from a carbine, because that 500 health you have left still has 85% resitances. it takes 3333 damage to take away that remaining 500 health. which is 20 or 24 extra shots from a carbine if they are a 167 or 143 damae carbine.
  14. gilrad

How many reloading splatmaxes do you kill? :)
  15. Olek

Your right damn your eye's!!!!
    I've been putting all my certs into the regen...:oops:
  16. Vortok

17. Dreadnaught Wrex

I prefer the attrition strategy.
  18. AccelPrime

Actually, the Blueshift is very likely to have a significantly higher accuracy than the Cosmos, as the Cosmos is pretty much on the same level as the Mercy. The Cosmos has had the same stats since launch, I doubt it would be changed any time soon. And if it were to be nerfed, it'd be like nerfing the Flash. There's no point of doing it, and it makes people angry.
  19. MaxDamage

• Up x 1
  20. MaxDamage

Actually the crazy thing is, that running up to NC MAXes is sometimes the best strategy, if you give them space they have so much damage pumping out over so wide an area that they rip you to shreds. Up close, that cone is more deadly but smaller. Circle and headshot them with Mercies, they tend to panic shoot, miss, then realise they need to reload. Unfortunately you tend to need to use charge to get there before you die, leaving them with a charge button to escape.
    Get those headshots in.

Like all MAX vs NC MAX fights, the vastly greater chance is that the non-NC MAX will die.

NC MAX is broken OP.
    • Up x 1