I am a GOD!!!!!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shredthewolf, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dkamanus

You most probably think running away is a BAD idea as well.

Yesterday, for the second time, I saw a TR MAX being SMART and actually charging away when I charged in. He charged towards his OWN troops, and I wouldn't follow, because I would die. He died once when we meet in another room (BIOLAB!!!) when I was able to hug him. Otherwise I couldn't come close to him. OMG, A TR MAX THAT USED DISTANCE TO DEAL WITH NC MAXES? WHAT GIVES? ITS IMPOSSIBLE! NC MAXES SPLATTER PEOPLE AT 200M!!!

NC MAX isn't borken, people's brains are.
    • Up x 2
  2. Shredthewolf

As I've learned from my experiences in the max suit, is that, you aren't an infantry, stop treating yourself like one. You are a heavily armored, slow, juggarnaut, Most people say not to CERT into the charge ability but, I can't even count how many times the charge has saved me as a TR max. The thing is with the TR max is that our higher TTK doesn't allow us to deal with as large a group as the NC max, so if we turn that corner and start getting whaled on, we need to **** asap.
  3. Voroshilov

Got double Mercy (haven't invested in ext mags yet).... not bad not bad.

Definitely > HA in killing power.
  4. Devrailis

This actually. I've mentioned in numerous posts that an NC MAX's sweet spot range does not include point blank distances - in my experience with NC MAXes this is usually 2 - 8 meters. The hit registration bug that affects all MAXes as well as the greater chance to miss due to narrower cones of fire at point blank hurt NC MAXes the most because of our small magazine size. A TR MAX would have a chance to back away and adjust his aim, an NC MAX - especially inexperienced ones with Hacksaws - will likely blow through their entire magazine to little effect, giving you 4 seconds of free fire, which should be more than enough to take down a MAX that panics.

Also, while it may not be apparent on your end, getting right into an NC MAX's face makes it very difficult for low FPS players to track you. Past 2 meters, the pellet spread greatly compensates for low FPS. Point blank, your target feels like he's jumping around in your face.

EDIT: I should qualify this further. This works very well on inexperienced MAXes, but an experienced NC MAX will use his charge to compensate for this. If a TR or VS MAX gets right in my face while I reload, an extremely effective counter is to hit charge, and run circles around him while maintaining an engagement range of about 2-3 meters. I find that most players have great difficulty tracking a MAX running around in a tight circle at MAX Charge speeds. In these cases, running away plays right into the TR/VS MAX's hands as you remove yourself from your optimal range and place yourself into theirs.
  5. Jeralamo

saying NC MAX isnt broken is like saying ESF rockets and liberators before so many nerfs werent broken. in fact before the lib nerfs i would argue to people that its not broken your just not good. and look what happened i was wrong (sorta) but the nerfs didnt break the ESFs or liberators and everyone is happier.
  6. Dkamanus

Most true. But by peoples definition, the NC MAX seems to be the world obliterator, which hes not (in fact, its quite lackluster at range). People seem to die to NC MAXes because they like to hug em. And then call it OP. At CQC it'll be OP, its a freaking dual wielding shotgun unit. And people are so oblivious of the problems the NC MAX has that if enough cry is given, they'll nerf it to the ground again.

Beta saw how useless NC MAXes were, even at point blank. You could kill one infantry at point blank with two scatterMAXes. If they nerf the damage, they'll have to nerf ALL shotguns, which they won't. Small nerfs are ok (unlike what VS thinks of the magrider), but to the ground again because most people are stupid isn't something I agree on.
  7. Anvildude

People don't treat factions differently- MAX as well as vehicles as well as other classes. Take MAXes: They have different ranges they're supposed to be used at- different ways they're supposed to be used. NC Max is for close quarters, and excells at that range. It's a Doorbreaker, a Line Charger. Vanu Max is sneeky- it can creep around corners and hide in the shadows, and works best when it surprises the enemy. TR Max is a support gunner- it stays back and fires, making the enemy keep their heads down and picking off those foolish enough to reveal themselves.

The MAXes all actually work pretty well this way- hopefully after the MAX patch, giving them Empire Specific Abilities, people will play them more this way, and be supported in that style. They're supposed to be BALANCED, not the same.
  8. MaxDamage

The NC MAX beats the TR at the TR's ideal range. The range at which being better at distance kicks in, is the range at which the TR MAX is exposed to vehicles and other troops. If the TR MAX, could kill NC MAXes at its ideal range, as fast... aka INSTANTLY then sure, you might have a point.

Slow bleeding at range is not useful when the NC MAX can stroll (nevermind charge!) away.

Assuming that I don't "use distance" is your own desire to justify your stupidly OP MAX.
  9. Shredthewolf

I've explored this many many times, but I'll be honest, the NC max WILL lose a duel past 10 meters, most NC maxes will dump their clips at you in a feeble attempt to kill you, by now they'll retreat to cover, you are now free to chase them and end their lives because they all use hacksaws and hacksaws have the longest reload times of the NC Max shotguns.
  10. MaxDamage

I play on Miller, where there are good NC MAXes, vets from PS1.
    Noobs don't concern me. It's when I'm up against people whom I know are of my skill level and knowing that if they play smart and if I play smart - I lose, or they win the ground (a bigger loss).

I'm sorry, but one NC fellas suggestion that "running away" was the only choice is precisely what gets people spawncamped, and bases lost. No AI MAX should be an ultimate MAX killer.

Weaken MAX vs MAX AI damage dramatically to solve this.
    • Up x 2
  11. Devrailis

A good NC MAX is not going to dump his clips until he gets into his ideal range. He will use cover and good positioning to get into that range, otherwise he simply will not engage and allow you to farm him. Inside that ideal range he will face melt you before you can do much about it. That is an issue of severe power disparity.

A bad NC MAX will panic, blow their entire magazine (most likely 7 rounds, no extended mags) at 10-15 meters, then get rolled by an experienced TR MAX. That is an issue of severe skill disparity.

That's the issue Max is trying to explain to you. When skill is equal, the NC MAX will either win, or not engage. Very rarely is it ever a win for the TR MAX. If the TR MAX is winning consistently against an NC MAX, that NC MAX really just is that bad.
    • Up x 2
  12. boom-mug

If you could let someone configure a max for short, medium or long range, 95% of people would pull them for short range. It's much easier to move close to target using charge or defend a territory with short range proficiency.

Should one be 4x as strong at this range than any other? Give something to everyone at this range so that everyone can giggle uncontrollably.
  13. Bape

No duh nc max is op in cqc THEY HAVE 2 ***** SHOTGUNS. One infantry shotgun can take out a max by him self so what you expect when ur up against 2 DAM SHOTGUNS? They cant nerf the shotguns obviously because 2 shotguns WILL Always do more damage then 1 shotgun. They probably can increase maxes resistance to shotguns but thats all :).
  14. MaxDamage

15. Purg

Clearly if you're playing smart and losing, you're not playing smart. That's patently obvious.

There's a VS video in here that's easy to find of someone playing smart. He owns NC MAX without them having a hope of doing any significant damage on him.

I've seen your cries of NC MAX OP repeatedly, I really don't know what you expect? Walk into a full health NC MAX by yourself at less than 10m, you're going to probably die. Bring any sort of support, have any myriad of explosive weapons to bear on that MAX or engage him outside of 10m, you'll probably win.

An NC MAX can't engage you outside of 10m and expect to win but apparently you want to engage an NC MAX in their lethal range and want to win. You're calling for the iwin button in which there's no range in which an NC MAX can beat you.
  16. MaxDamage

You obviously do not understand the point being made.
    That is how imbalance works, clown.

Link it then. And I'll rip it apart.

Thanks for stating the obvious. There is no probably about it against an equally skilled player. NC AI MAXes do TOO MUCH DAMAGE to other MAX units.

This is part of the stupidity. The acceptance of the fact that NC MAXes are superior to other MAXes is part of the problem.
    "YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT A FULL SQUAD TO TAKE DOWN A CLASS THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR EQUAL, DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING TO YOUR OWN EMPIRE SPECIFIC MAXES STRENGTHS, HURDUR YOU MUST BE DUMB R8?!"

No. *You* are dumb.

Congratulations, you know nothing about NC MAXes then.
    Same thing anyone says who knows nothing about the effectiveness of NC MAXes.

When have I ever said this? Ah yes, never. Good, just checking.

No. I'm calling for a "fix NC AI MAXes because they are grossly overpowered in MAX vs MAX fights and I want an even fight, with faction specific strengths maintained".

You cannot grasp this.
    That's your mental malfunction.
    • Up x 1
  17. wingspan

MAXes are infrequent enough (except perhaps in busy Biolabs) that it's impractical to claim NC owns the <10m space. You simply won't see anyone 'respecting' that.

You can pick your engagements easily enough as a MAX such that you're in your "lethal range" every time you're firing, if you choose. As NC, my extended-mag Hacksaws are simply untouchable. Only the best, most coordinated, or overwhelming infantry are going to push you back if you play well. Yes, I am saying NC MAX is imbalanced. A MAX player with dual ext-mag Hacksaws puts out so much more damage than any other MAX weapon combo, on any faction.

I argued that VS and TR should be brought near the NC level, and the overall skill cap of the MAX be brought up with better abilities and certs. I think SOE's direction is instead a bit of skill cap development, and a lot more shotgun nerf.
  18. Dkamanus

Nerfing shotguns won't do the trick. It'll bring the whole beta scenario back, when people couldn't kill infantry at their feet because of so bad the shotgun was. And will make SOE overdo it. A simple ROF buff on the TR/VS will bring them up to speed probably.
  19. Purg

20. gilrad

Well, now that somebody has brought up the idea of power disparity and skill disparity, this discussion has officially hit a roadblock and cannot continue.

Situation where a splatmax destroys a bunch of other maxes and infantry? They were obviously equally skilled, it's a power disparity.

Situation where a splatmax is completely ineffective against a group of opponents? The splatmax was clearly unskilled, it's a skill disparity.

Best course of action is to stop feeding the troll, guys.
    • Up x 1