[Guide] How to Potentially Earn 1mil EXP per Day

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CertFarmerExtremeMLG, May 2, 2013.

1. CertFarmerExtremeMLG

Problem is that is the majority of the player base. This game is all about territory control and most of what it emphasizes is not that. Why would you get more exp by overloading and destroying generators when the whole point of that base is the capture itself. Kind of sad really. At the end of the day, I want as many people to do this as much as possible in hopes they will purchase less station cash and less weapons with station cash. One way you know this game is starting to go down hill is when these kinds of things are the pinnacle of this game and territory control, which is what this game is about, barely rewards you.
  2. BlakezX

Dear CertFarmerExtremeMLG, im going to use a word now that my beloved outfit leader created, realiously?
    You really think we run around all day long blowing up generators east and west, non stop? Seriously?
    You think Daddy, maybe the best ESF pilot and allrounder in the world run around arming gens all day?
    You think Audi03, one of the better pilots on Ceres who invest alot of time in this game do this?
    AW0rthyA, the guy who owns everything on ground with all VS infantry weapons available.
    TorokF, one of the best tank drivers iknow and also awesome as infantry.
    You think the one and only BuzzCut would want to destroy gens all day when there are so much purple and blue to kill??

No, we get this massive amount of points by simply beeing good at what we do, killing our enemies and putting down several hours in this awesome game! :)

So how do me and Thunderstrom get so much points? By doing this and this

Cheers, BlakezX a MACS @ Ceres
    • Up x 2
  3. thunderstrom

[IMG]

Happening this weekend. No gens allowed (i cant remember last time i touched a gen :p )
    • Up x 1
  4. Arquin

Correct.
  5. Springheel Jack

Pretty decent actually. One morning I spent an hour and a half as an engineer defending one base from around a dozen enemies. Mines at the gens, man the appropriate turrets when they pull air or armor. Many angry tells.
  6. Bindlestiff

For me, this is the funniest comment I've read on here. Brilliant :)
  7. loleator

It is simply stupid that you can overload generators on bases that aren't adjacent to any of your territories and therefore you can't cap yet.

With the current system generators are 90% of the time offline, anywhere on the map. People farm them like mad. They serve almost no purpose.

You should let the xp stay but add that requirement. Problem solved. Generators have a tactic use again and people has to actually fight to overload them.
  8. gudman591

This stullf spreading all over the forums... reminds me with painful resemblance of various internet scams. Do this easy stuff for three hours a day and become a billionaire in a year!
  9. phreec

Such boring way to play the game... They really should fix ghost-arming facilities that aren't connected.
    That's true, but at the same time the games have moved into a direction where most of the content and fun is locked behind tedious amounts of grinding. You can't really blame the player for 'farming' since it's what most games have become about these days...
  10. Goretzu

Yet you must still do it to be so worried about it being nerfed......... which probably means it IS far to rewarding.
  11. TriumphOfMan

I used this technique to buy a pair of Fractures yesterday.
  12. BengalTiger

Naah, we prefer to hunt planes with tanks.
  13. Sweet Jackal

Two things about this. The more people that do it the less XP they will get as it will be spread around.

And, Higby has already been quoted as saying they are looking into needing adjacency to take down generators.

This does two things, removes generator farming (not really a big deal) and (more importantly) stops the entire "Priming a Base" for capture by destroying all of the generators and SCK while you don't have adjacency
  14. ACE McFACE

Wow, sounds like so much fun...
  15. Jalek

It must be, they're often BR70+ and will do it for hours if defenders want to play along.
    You see an ESF fly in and crash, then the generators start overloading..
  16. RobotNinja

LIEK ZOMG!!!! You totally found out what Daddy's (aka LazyTR) secret! He must be getting all that EXP from farming generators!!!! Definitely not from his 42 KDR. It's a good thing SOE stopped banning players just for being skilled. Daddy is a truly skilled and dedicated Russian gamer. His situational awareness is impeccable. He can spot and track players outside both radar and render distance and players that aren't even visible, hiding behind cover. He hunts Infantry pretty much exclusively. If he gets engaged by another ESF he'll use his awesome skills to bail out of his ESF and then quickly logoff. You can watch video of his awesome dogfighting skills here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=23KQnoP4pQU

As far as your ZOMG! Generators are OP thread, the base XP for overloading a generator is 200. The base XP for destroying it is 400. If you have a problem with XP boosters and heroic XP boosters and Alpha Squad boosters and Membership bonuses then take that up with SOE. There is nothing wrong with the base XP earned from overloading/destroying generators. Also, your scenario in which Player X can farm generators all day long is laughable. Log in, look at the map. Almost all enemy owned generators across the entire map are constantly down already...and they stay down.
  17. Teegeeack

I did it as a BR1 but it's boring now. If a BR1 wants to earn themselves some easy certs, it doesn't really matter. Not to me, anyway.
  18. Shinrah

Hmm, not sure if this has been mentioned:
    But Daddy, has like 500-800 kills daily, even on the OP´s screenshots. If he has a Membership and Alphasquad those kills alone easily get him the 500-800k EXP shown on the boards. Calculating 1000 EXP per kill here --which consindering the fact that a Lib kills for example easily wields 4-6k-- should be an vialbe amount.
    He might be abusing everything he can, but I doubt hes spending his time farming Generators. So yeah, can´t blame the guy for EVERYTHING.
  19. Goretzu

Well yes if you're BR100 and have the all the certs you'll ever need there probably is little point in doing it.
  20. PaperPlanes

Yeah, this has been common sense for a long time. Before they nerfed nose guns, people used to do the gen blows AND farm all the Phalanx turrets at these bases. You can still do this, but it only works well in a tankbuster lib, not an ESF anymore. Do this as an infiltrator and hack lots of things along the way, hack a vehicle pad and pull an ammo sundy so you can quickly refill your liberator while destroying turrets.

And then put some AP mines in good spots just for the hell of it, if you play a long session, you'll get kills from them eventually.

The problem with all of this? It's boring as all holy ****. That's why I don't do it unless I'm really bored already and I'm playing at like 3 AM and can't find any battles. I'd rather actually have fun than do some meta level cert farming that is more boring than grinding for a world drop epic in WoW.