[Guide] How to Potentially Earn 1mil EXP per Day

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CertFarmerExtremeMLG, May 2, 2013.

1. Hosp

Problem is, with lattice implementation, blocking this also blocks outfits from doing gen holds/behind the lines stuff.

While currently, with HEX, yes adjacency should be necessary. Granted those outfits can do it now, but neither zerg might show up and the outfit leaves to find a fight now as well which results in a ghosted gen for someone to fix and someone else to farm again.
  2. RF404

Why keep a feature as it is when it evidently yields rewards that far outweigh the risks or skill requirements that is needed to perform it?

If I go to a continent that is getting steamrolled by an opposing faction I will have a wide variety of facilities to choose from and a ~50% population xp bonus. Together with my alpha squad membership boost that means I will be getting 1900 xp per generator, which in turn translates to 7.6 certs.

At an average facility I can find 7-8 generators.

By simply pulling a reaver at the warpgate, going up to the flight ceiling and then dropping down over a facility way behind the enemy lines I can score 43-50 certs in a couple of minutes. The odds of you getting caught doing this are slim to nothing and you can usually move along to the next facility before your despawn timer on the reaver reaches zero.

So you ask why we need to change it?
    Rewards needs to atleast be balanced against risk. No risk - No reward.
  3. CertFarmerExtremeMLG

There are already plenty of people doing this on a daily basis. The biggest issue is that SOE is rewarding players for the wrong thing at a base. They should be rewarding someone for capping the base, as in everyone gets the reward, not just for arming and blowing up generators. Look at your map from time to time, you will see many bases off in the middle of no where have that blinking generator sign... It is clearly being done nonstop.
  4. Rhaeyn

I'd rather have fun playing the game, not going around, doing chores, even if that earns me less certs/h.
    • Up x 1
  5. Aegie

Why can they not make it so that the most rewarding activity is to play the game according to the stated game objectives?
  6. S1eB

People that do this kind of thing are F***** losers.

Just play the godamn game ffs, are you really that bad that you can't even earn a decent amount of certs from normal gameplay?
    I'm no where near the best player in the world but I can earn a few hundred certs jsut by playing the game easily.
    • Up x 1
  7. StrikerKOJ

Except it isn't anything like that, because it has nothing to do with a "side quest". The "quest", if you insist on using those terms, is to capture the base. Hence, the reward should be given for completing the "quest". These "optional objectives" are just a means with which to complete the quest more "quickly", but they shouldn't net you more experience than the actual "quest", because then it becomes more attractive to NOT complete the quest, because you reduce the amount of "optional objectives" available to yourself (and empire) and reduce the amount of overall experience.

My stance has nothing to do with not wanting other players to receive experience or have certification points. I just personally don't believe that there should be a "reward" attached to that particular activitiy. I can see arguments for it, but I disagree with them, for the exact reasons that this thread was created.

I'm sure others disagree. Just saying I don't.

I'm just a man asking questions...
  8. CertFarmerExtremeMLG

Regardless, this needs to change sooner rather than later. It is basically a big middle finger to the rest of the player base who want to play the game for what it was meant for. At the same time, it is almost as if SOE is punishing us for capping a base and not just farming generators. How come you can earn way more EXP from farming generators than you can taking the facility?
  9. vastaitku

You were arguing against rewarding players for doing the right things, so it's exactly like that. How much XP optional things give in comparison to the main objective is a completely separate point. You didn't say the reward should be lowered, you wanted to remove it altogether.
  10. Taiji

That's crazy talk.
  11. StrikerKOJ

Yeah, and...?

Destroying generators (and base turrets and equipment terminals) are not a requirement to capturing a base. They are an optional objective that may allow a base to be captured more quickly. It has nothing to do with what activities are "right" or "wrong". In fact, there are often situations where destroying turrets and equipment terminals may be undesireable, as they are now no long available to be hacked and used by the attacking force.

Notice I never said the items should be indestructible, or inaccesible, as they provide options for a more dynamic fight. I just don't feel they should have an xp value attached to them.

Clearly you disagree, and thats cool.
    • Up x 1
  12. Quovatis

You should not be able to overload a generator without a valid capture link.
  13. Zotamedu

Because todays ADD gamers have been conditioned into following a stream of ticking numbers. If they are not constantly being rewarded with points, XP, certs, ribbons and medals that show up in big flashing text all over the screen with a small fanfare, they get bored and leave. People have stopped playing for the sake of playing and are now playing to watch a number increase on the screen.
  14. Total_Overkill

Because Tzeentch demands it!
    • Up x 2
  15. AuntLou42

This will soon be nerfed. Soon you will only be allowed to blow gens at adjacent territory.
  16. Eisler

Just lower the xp by 'half' if the facility isn't connected with your faction. or give xp according to enemy % in the area
  17. CertFarmerExtremeMLG

I think the best way would be to nerf the EXP you get in half or more and reward more EXP for capping the base.
  18. Eyeklops

I fully agree with you. Generators, turrets, and terminals should be destroyed, or not destroyed, based upon the tactical situation at hand, not "always destroyed because: XP"
    • Up x 1
  19. Heero

If lots of people are doing this it makes me wonder who much XP I could farm by guarding an empty amp station... defence bonus kill exp + disarm/repair exp ;)

The only problem with it is that I play computer games for fun... terrible I know.
  20. SgtScum

No one cares about stats and the leaderboard in this game as both are buggy and can be farmed like crazy.

If these players want to run around on empty continents and blow up generators then by all means have at it as it has zero effect on the overall game.