How do you maintain a decent KDR as an LA??

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by MasterCheef, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Strilac

they suck, i wouldn't recomend wasting those certs on flash grenades, and here is why

You dont have any indication when they go off, or who is affected and how much, because if not placed right on somebody, people will see you just have their brighnes way up.

Other note is that people can spot you even while fully flash banged, and shoot at red triangle above your head.

Ordinary grenades are much better, for instance you can trick people by throwing a grenade from one side, jump, and wait them on the other while they are trying to run from the blast, and grenade alone can net you lots of kills, flash cant.

Even a funner fact, flash grenades cost way more INF resources LOL
  2. Gary

IN a room you can garuntee you flash bang blinds the entire room.

After unlocking them throw one at your feet and count how long till it goes off.

Flashbang + Shotgun = cleared room.

Infantry Resources are not hard to come by. Its only expensive to reach the cap. Once you have the cap keeping it full is easy.
    • Up x 1
  3. Strilac

i have flashbangs, and I am not impressed, i gave you reasons why.

Enemies will spot you and kill you, if its like 1 or 2 of them, you can kill them with shotgun alone without the need of flashes, and in situations where there are more people, explosive grenade will kill bunch of them, leaving the rest for the SG

Problem i didnt mention before is that there is lots of randomness with flashes, you never know what to expect, and what effect will they have, they also make you pause on dangerous spots, because in order to clear the nest, you need to be just around the corner, waitnig... and even then, if they they are pressing q, you are dead.
  4. undeadsapir

on certain fights i cant even get 4+ k/d on my LA with my shotgun.
    my K/D for my character is 1.65 but thats cuz i wasnt that good at the start, its all a matter of practice mate
    now i tend to not fall below 2.5 K/D when i play infantry.
    this game isnt like other games, the only experience that will help you K/D here is being a PS1 vet or gaining your experience from PS2, being good at fps's helps but thats not it :p
  5. gunshooter

What is all this talk people do of "room clearing?" There is no indoor combat in this game. In any niche situation where there is, a frag grenade will get you kills at 0 risk while trying to "room clear" after a flashbang will just get you killed by the couple of people who didn't get flashed, because you're an LA and you die instantly. Not to mention you don't have enough rounds in your clip to "clear" a room except, once again, in theory. You don't have perfect aim and you will waste shots. The average player will get 2 or 3 kills per shotgun clip. But yeah, this is forumside, so you can make up whatever you want.

Fantasy with no basis in reality. Lots of theoryposters and not enough game players.
  6. Lavalampe

Rule #1: Flank the Enemy. Best is in their back from a higher position. Backrage at it's best.
    Rule #2: Keep calm and aim for the head. Double Dmg for the Win. Aim first, then shoot and always aim down the sight!
    Rule #3: Invest in C4 and maybe a Shotgun. Will give you way more flexibility and Close Quarter Deadliness.
  7. ShumaKun

First, silencer is your friend.
    Second, don't zerg.
    Third, be sneaky.
    and most important use your brain.
    [IMG]
  8. Wrel Developer

You have to have a really good ground game.

Jetpacks shouldn't be your crutch, they should be the Ace up your sleeve.

Playing any class (maybe not so much the Infiltrator) will make you a better Light Assault.
  9. Corezer

Print this out, tape it to the ceiling above your bed (yes, over your nude chick poster) and read it to yourself out loud until you fall asleep every night.

• Up x 2
  10. Mrasap

situational awareness and knowledge of the combat flow.

Know where the enemy comes from and abuse your jetpack to get to place you can hide, camp or ambush.
  11. LameFox

Using the power of 'What the hell where did that come from?!'
  12. anaverageguy

Structures are the best friends of LA. You can take pathways no other class can- no other class can go straight from ground level to the roof. They can't go from the roof to the second floor through a window. They can't do any mixture of the above. They can't jump off the roof.. then land on the roof (by flying back up after dipping down. Very effective juke if the jetpack can handle it).

I recommend learning to pull tricks. It's really all the LA's got, but it works. Avoiding open battlefields is a good idea as well.
  13. P149U3

have a good weapon, good aim, extra mags, and C4 and you can do alot of killing
  14. Corezer

OMG we can get GIFs in our sigs!!!
  15. alecholman

THIS. Along with surprise C4 and getting behind enemy lines.
  16. Grimtou

I'm not great at this game, but when I am K/D whoring as a light assault, i get between 4-6K/D. There isn't much more than what the people above have said - the game is all about positioning, NOT aiming. You should always be moving if possible - enough that even if someone spots you, they don't know exactly where to defend from.

I agree with Corzer that the most important things are Shotgun, Advanced Shield Cap, JJ, and C4. C4 will net you a lot of extra utility, but the first 3 are important for your gun play. You can skip the shotgun if you are good at aiming (i'm not)
  17. rambo50

if I am playing the light assault i get usually above 4 kdr

you have to use his only advantage the jetpack
    flank enemies get above and behind them

your are not supposed to kill a heavy assault or most other classes head on
    if the enemy sees me or I get shot I usually run away and flank them from another route
    I am using the increased movement speed for my suit slot to improve my escape abilities

very often I run out of ammo and only die because I only have my pistol left
    so maybe the ammo belt is better for the suit slot but it is very expensive thats why i am sticking with the improved movement speed
  18. FleshIcon

If I run into a Heavy I am dead in .5 seconds.
    If on a building or running outside an Infiltrator will snipe me or a vehicle with night site will find me.
    Players are always checking those hiding spots now.
    Roofs are flat and open. Pretty much like being on the ground.

Most of the comments here are vague and useless. :(
  19. RayDrazon

Best method for super KDR:

1) Find a secrete way to get up to the Crown tower without being spotted. (I already know of 2)
    2) Camp in the ridges of the tower and wait for engineers to repair damaged turrets.
    3) Shoot them in the back.
    4) Repeat from step 2 until you run out of ammo.
    5) Go on a suicide knifing attempt.
    6) Enjoy your 20-1 K/D.
    • Up x 1
  20. Chemicalnurd

It's PlanetSide 2, if you care about your KD you're playing it wrong.
    Otherwise, work with other people instead of lonewolfing and you'll survive much longer.