Hossin Bases ready for Testing.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Freeze74, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Norington

Wouldn't it be possible to make some of the undeveloped "Hossin Small Base no.##" into a battlefield without a spawn room? So, just an open battlefield, with some cap points on defensible positions, some good spots for sundies, etc. Put a base with a tank spawn and good access to that battlefield on each side, et voila.

I wonder if that might result in some variety in the sort of battle we have. Just try it, release Hossin, and if it doesn't work out put a base there anyway. Small amount of work, possibility for epic battles. Pleeeeeaaaase SOE :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  2. Bickdouglas

I'd recommend changing the name of one of the interlinks that are now Bio Labs to Zotz. It was the one bio lab name from PS1 that didn't make it into the new Hossin.
    • Up x 3
  3. libbmaster

I second this. Keep the interlink names for when the interlinks go in!
  4. Freeze74 Developer

The in-game bug reporting tool automatically adds your location to the bug report I get.
    • Up x 4
  5. DaMann22

I for one like the idea of a capture point out in the open. I love open field battles as its where my outfit shines. However, I would rather it be on Esamir or Amerish as Hossin would not allow air to play a role.

A few things I found include at the Southern Warpgate on the far right first air terminal everytime I pulled a scythe I nearly crashed because a tree is in the path of spawning. Also a few tech plants have their gates incorrectly placed.

Some of my suggestions would include spacing the spawn rooms further apart but not necessarily on the other side of the base (that would make it too easy for a good outfit to flank). Also if in some way you can place jump pads on the map as I found some just by accident while traversing around the bases. I understand if this would clutter up the map some more and you cant do it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zaviro

Alright! I'm going to spend tonight sweeping some of the bases and report anything out of the ordinary. Hope you don't mind a pile of reports :p
  7. kadney

Good to know, I always wasted time and space to explain where I am. :oops:
  8. ScrapyardBob

Speaking of jump pads on the map -- they should have a faint dotted line that connects two circles. If there is a jump pad back, don't show two lines, just show one and put the circles between the two end points. If it is a one-way jump pad, make the line show one way travel in some fashion.

Enemy only jump pads should be shown in the "enemy" color, neutral jump pads should show in a friendly color.

Teleporters should also be linked by some sort of line on the map.

Grav Lifts should also be marked as up/down arrows.
  9. PurpleOtter

Getting random CTD's...no real explanation, but I am seeing my graphics "flicker" sometimes. No idea if it's relevant..
  10. Fned

First time attempting to lauch a Scythe from Southern Warpgate, I bounced into a tree during the launch sequence and flipped, becoming locked onto the launch platform. Have not been able to replicate, although it should be noted I had the spacebar pressed down during the spawn to launch. Liberator launched with no keys pressed threaded the trees nicely.

Bitol Northern Outpost: Distance from and LOS on capture point seems oddly arbitrary as it relates to actually being able to capture the point:

[IMG]

9m, line of sight.

[IMG]

12m, no line of sight...
  11. Takoita

Big no from me. Capture points placed out in the open are possibly the worst thing one could do in this game. Vehicle spam can get quite outrageous as it is.
  12. MarkAntony

So instead of giving vehicles something to fight over so they'll kill each other they should remain relegated to spawncamping infantry in bases. Makes sense.

I for one would welcome open field vehicle battles where they have to capture zones. Give my tank an actual purpose SOE!
    • Up x 2
  13. TheMercator

The AI Turrets on the north wall of Nasion Defiance seem to have the chance to be actually usefull, because they won't be shredded by tanks and have a position where they can defend against infantry. :eek:
  14. LagLight

I think the basic idea for these sorts of open field capture points would be to have them as novelty capture points for only a select few territories that already usually experience large numbers of vehicle engagements and have them claimable by either infantry, vehicles, or even MAX units!

They would not be present in every territory on the game map and would simply add to the number of possible capture point engagements and victory conditions that are available in game and may even be used to spice up some of the games less favored and out of the way territories.

Already there are territories with:
    • 1 Capture point (small outposts)
    • 3 Capture points (usually towers or large outposts)
    • 4 Capture points (usually bio-labs or very large outposts)
    • 3 Slow-cap conversions points (some AMP stations)
    Adding vehicle capture points to some territories where vehicle combat is already encouraged would simply add to the number of possible territory capture types. Like these:
    • 1 vehicle Capture point ( usually open spaced small outposts )
    • 1 Interior Capture point & 2 vehicle Capture points. ( an alternate tower or tech-plant layout )
    • 4 vehicle Capture points ( massive and very vehicle-friendly outpost )
    Players who try to take infantry into territories with only vehicle capture points are going to have a bad time getting around the large empty spaces and holding off counter attacks, so players will have to change their tactics.
  15. SashsaACIII

Fix A point 68m *под редактировать !
    [IMG]

Russian txt
    Некоретная БАЗА VOLTAN Bio Lap *Полностью на да редактировать объект или под редактировать !
    [IMG]

Fix Spavan
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  16. Giggily

Is anything going to be done about the really awful performance at a lot of these bases? With so many trees running with ultra quality shadows absolutely destroys performance. The system requirements to run Hossin at 60 FPS has got to be at least twice those of the other continents right now.
    • Up x 1
  17. Scure

I noticed that too, but whats your suggestion? Less vegetation? That would kill the feeling of Hossin. The only option is to make more optimisation to the game engine. Maybe, one day, we will get a DX11 or even DX12 update. Poor map designers are highly limited, because of the bad engine...
  18. Giggily

Less vegetation wouldn't hurt anything. A lot of bases have so many trees around them that cutting out a third, or even one half, wouldn't really break the whole wooded swampland vibe. Just go look at Ixtab and ask yourself if it really needs as many trees as it has.
  19. SashsaACIII

russian
    **Все, что происходит должно быть сделано о действительно ужасном выступления на многих из этих баз? С таким большим количеством деревьев работает с ультра качества теней абсолютно разрушает производительность. Системные требования для работы Hossin при 60 FPS надо быть по крайней мере вдвое больше, чем из других континентов прямо сейчас.**

С таким большим количеством деревьев работает с ультра качества теней абсолютно разрушает производительность
    Нада удвлить деревьев и ненужных Элементов декор и прочии !!! .

Системные требования для работы Hossin *ГЛАВНОЕ СТАБИЛЬНОСТЬ ИГРЫ при массовых войне !.
  20. JudgeNu

IKR! that's what im sayin! lol

all jokes aside.

** Everything that happens has to be done about the really terrible performances at many of these bases ? With so many trees works with ultra quality shadows absolutely destroys performance. System requirements to run at 60 FPS Hossin should be at least twice as much as from other continents right now . **

With so many trees works with ultra quality shadows absolutely destroys performanceNada udvlit trees and unnecessary items and other decor ! .
    The system requirements for Hossin * MAIN game stability in mass war! .