Hossin Bases ready for Testing.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Freeze74, Apr 10, 2014.

1. user101

If you thought the crown was bad there is a spot in Hossin that is far worse than the crown will ever be....!!! Get ready for the fight of your life...!
  2. Wobberjockey

{insert obligitory 'willing, not able' comment here]
    :(
  3. SashsaACIII

Help us make better content and join us on the Test server at 5 PM PT (in 30 mins) for a playtest! The focus will be at Ghanan Southern Crossing on Hossin. We are particularly interested in your thoughts on the balance changes, new carbgines, and TR MCG changes and attachments.

See you there!

*5 PM PT (in 30 mins) for a playtest! time zone
    * tek 4:26 AM MSK

takes 2-3 month *Bag - Fix ! . *Help repairs ! :rolleyes: Hossin:cool:;).

Russian
    А так Интересно будет играться с разработчиками игры PlanetSide 2 *PTS
    тока в свободное время ! .

Ето не главное !
    “I know the QA department is working on some kind of reward for top playtest contributors. I don't know any of the details though.”
  4. Alarox

General feedback on Ghanan Southern Crossing.

Pros: Interesting and fun base, very good terrain.
    Cons: Very easy to attack A point from the east, difficult to get to A point from the spawn room.
  5. Desann

Is there some way to get resources faster on PTS that I am missing. Currently the TR get +0 to everything, at least in all of the areas I was in.

Makes it really hard to get around and test when you can't even pull an ESF to fly there quickly.

I am not running on foot from base to base due to lack of resources.
  6. Llaf

It should be, that's the whole point of the PTS, to get smoother patch roll-outs.
  7. Shockwave44

I guess it has nothing to do with playing around with new weapons or vehicles before they are released. It has nothing to do with checking out new maps and game mechanics.

Nope, just bug finding for devs...
  8. RIctavius

Im soooooo in now .
    • Up x 1
  9. ScrapyardBob

I like that the Hurakan Amp Station is a different design. But...
    • All major facilities like Amp Stations, Bio Labs and Tech Plants need to have at least 3 and preferably 5 capture points.
    • All medium sized outposts should have 3 capture points.
    • Gate shield + gate generators are a good mechanic, add them in more places. It slows down a vehicle zerg.
    • Look for places to cut out small outposts completely, to leave more then 300-400m between locations (ideal distance is 500-800m or more, or some mountain ridge).
    • All medium / large locations should have (2) spawn rooms, with teleporter link, on opposite sides of the base. Don't be like Quartz Ridge and put them side by side (one of those should have been moved to the eastern ridge).
    Hopefully you can do another base like Subterranean Nanite Analysis, but without making the mistakes of that location in eastern Amerish. The problem with SNA is that there is only (1) generator per level and that the base is too small to support the mechanic. If there were two or three ways down to the "core", each with its own shield generator to get past, it would work better.
    • Up x 4
  10. JudgeNu

Ahhh.
    This answers my question as to why certain people act the way they do in PTS.
    Ill keep that in mind.
    Ill just login for the getting familiar with the map before most others do.
    Clearly I am not good enough to participate.
  11. Llaf

Uh, despite the fact that the "Nope, just bug finding for devs" part is supposed to be sarcasm, that is actually correct. While bug finding is a major part of why devs want you to be on the test server, testing new content like weapons and vehicles to see how they perform and fit in the game is part of it as well. Some outfits host PTS events specifically to test new content in real combat situations in order to provide feedback.

If more people played PTS in order to discover bugs and provide real feedback about new content instead of just "playing around", I guarantee you we would get much smoother patch roll-outs.
  12. Aesir

Bitol Eastern Depot

"A" Capture Point has a very large capture radius and can be captured from the Entrances into the Underbridge.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The Southern Gate Section is not on the map and in general the minimap is not correct, I assume you guys will do that once all the elements about the base are fixed.
    [IMG]

The Bunker I'm standing on has a spot were you can easily get stuck if you jump into it. And the Bunker I'm looking at has a faulty AV turret.
    [IMG]

The crack in which you can easily get stuck.
    [IMG]

The Faulty AV Turret.
    [IMG]

The added Teleporter Room from which you can teleport to from and between the Spawn Room serves no purpose because they are literary right next to each other.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  13. Shockwave44

I don't care why they want me on the pts. I go on for my own enjoyment. I don't need another job to do. When they design something, I'd like to see them checking it first instead of relying on the players to do their job.

That's like having customers taste test your food to see if its ok to eat. That's the chef's job. Get it?

Who cares, since SOE puts stuff on the pts for a day or two? The players have realized SOE doesn't care much about testing. Look at the 64 bit client problem or the sluggish aiming mechanics after the infiltrator update.

They rush it out, screw up the game and then send it back to pts. Sorry but that's not how you test things.
    • Up x 1
  14. Bloodhit

So, how do we get coordinates for geo bug, to report it?
  15. elkikko92

please, mor pics of hossing bases and also new amp statioN!
  16. Llaf

The PTS is not intended for enjoyment, it is intended to help the devs bring you a better product. When working correctly, a PTS is a win/win situation for both company and consumer, dev and player. Company gets free labor in the form of bug-finding/testing and feedback on new content directly from their playerbase, which is generally significantly larger than the team actually developing the game and so can typically provide pretty accurate feedback for new content based on averages, as well as quickly finding many bugs the much smaller development team may have missed purely due to the size of the team.

In return the players get a MUCH smoother live version of the game as new patches are rolled out, allowing for an obviously better gaming experience for all involved and generally creating a favorable opinion of the company running the game.

A perfect example of this situation is the world of warcraft test realm, which has been around almost since the games inception and has been wildly successful in making the game what it is/was.

TL/DR: PTS is a "Help us help you" situation, not a sandbox, although no one can stop you from treating it that way.
  17. Shockwave44

Guess what? I go there for enjoyment. Report me.
    • Up x 3
  18. Moz

Reported for fun! How DARE you!?
  19. libbmaster

There should be a "grid" option on your map.

But, it's far easier simply to name the base you are at, then describe the location of the bug.
  20. ScrapyardBob

From what I've heard over time, when you file a /bug report, it automatically records your position.