[Suggestion] Heavy Fix

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by MrWolf3, Jun 24, 2014.

1. lawn gnome

maybe with head shots, but i know i have turned on enemies more than a few times with my shield active and readily won the fight.
  2. lawn gnome

i would be rather shocked if engineers didn't have the highest population on a regular basis due to vehicles.

i see plenty of heavies, but in my experiences on connery i would say the most common class on foot would be either infiltrators or medics. in general though the classes seem fairly even.
  3. Posse

Yeah, they were not decent, that's the point :p
    • Up x 1
  4. Renuse

Holy living hell.

The heavy ASSAULT class can take damage? The assault class can take damage... The front line, infantry based unit that relies on its guns...Can take damage... Never mind the headshot patch, never mind the nano weave nerf.. Forget the lack of deployables. Oh and lets do one more and take reflexes out of the game. Your getting shot? Oh well you have to wait five minutes to have your shield come up of which is attatched to your body.

Never mind the engineers, medics, and infils. Lets just nerf the HA cause he can defend himself against over healing medics balls, and laser straight engie turrets or AV turrets. Forget the SMG infils that are trying to gank everyone ans their mother. Lets just throw out the fact that there is a client side delay for rounds, and completely dismiss the need for a good reactive shield to even survive in an environment with over 200 enemy players shooting everything from HE to .50 caliber sniper rounds, all of wich can one shot a heavy with its shields on. And full. Oh yeah and the shotguns, people with actual skill who headshot, and the casual double teaming.

Your right nerf the heavies more. We dont need infantry, just supporting classes and HE spams. No worries.

Any competitive HA player knows the truth.
    • Up x 1
  5. Renuse

6. Renuse

This is not true at all. Not in one tiny fraction of time, in any alternate dimension.

The most obviouse reason is the way the shields work. Resist is a pre pop, mitigating headshot damage, and most other types, but has a huge movement speed downer as well as a pull on your general shields. Adrenaline is completely dependant on heavies actually killing things to be viable over a period of time im a battle space. And NMG is a player chosen pop time allowing for the player to judge when he is going to take the most damage, and use it accordingly. The refill timers fit pretty well to each shield accordingly. Every single shield caters to a different battle environment as well as play style. They all have different pros and cons.

In fact, I rarely see any heavy "kicking in doors" with their shields on unless there is a prox mine and he is able to activate it before it goes off. Oh but wait, people want to put a timer on the shields so we cant use reflexes and judgement (ie skill) to counter a potential enemy kill? One might as why prox mines and such even make a noise if they are intended to one hit you simply because they were placed on the ground by any random player who happens to feel the need.

Oh and never mind a CQB fight where if you have no shields but some NMG and you know you can take a knife and barely survive if you time it right. Lets just put a timer on that too. Hes not kicking in a door, he doesnt need his shield. Or maybe that one time your about to set off your C4 on the tank or max that you know is just about to shoot you. Lets just put a charge up time and nerf on that. Forget the scat max one shots. Rockets. Snipers. Consecutive headshots. Oh and any number of things that can kill you, suprisingly, when your not "kicking in doors" and in less than a split secind. Lets just conform to your expectations and your play style cause you feel like imposing your methods of attack on us.

Dont forget to nerf that as well.
    • Up x 1
  7. Moz

Wrell actually its accurate to SoE's vision. So yeah, seems we are living in an alternate dimension.
  8. Posse

Why should I care about what Wrel says? He's an average player at best, if you want to know how HA is supposed to be played, ask the top HAs, not Wrel, lol.
    • Up x 2
  9. miraculousmouse

You should make gameplay and killstreak montages, you'd be like the elusive of the heavy assault.
  10. miraculousmouse

p.s. you anti heavy proponents should be looking at the MAX instead. heavies cant ********* good fights, max units can.
  11. Renuse

Look at the competitive heavies, the people who are actually skilled and not exploiting game bugs. Almost 100% of the time people complain about heavies is 1. Because they arent playing a maxed out heavy class. 2. Arent a heavy, or 3. Arent good at the game.
    • Up x 1
  12. Posse

Meh, there are better heavies than me, besides, I don't know how to record and edit stuff
  13. focart

A lot complaining about heavy doesnt have high RoF weapons or long recharge of shields. But they are able to cary SMG`s and shotguns. Resist shield always available.
    Orion, SVA-88, Anchored, etc usually big pain in... to fight against. Most likely i decide just avoid room or building where playing heavy with this weapon. Shield give too much advantage.
    Will be nice if "win button" doesnt give resistance against headshots.
    • Up x 2
  14. Renuse

You need to have heavies counter heavies. Its as simple as that.
  15. Klypto

YES PLEASE
  16. miraculousmouse

I use the Cyclone to counter the Orion/SVA/MSWR lol. Anchor really isn't as deadly in the hands of an average heavy assault. When you get more experienced players, those 167 dmg headshots really start doing work.
    • Up x 1
  17. Posse

With how random cone of fire mechanics work in this game? no thanks.
  18. DatVanuMan

OKAY. I main Heavy Assaultside, and I really like that. Here's the deal:
    I do not want my shield to be nerfed. Giving it a charge-up timer sounds freaking foolish, but there is a solution.
    Someone on the forums mentioned that in Beta, Heavies had charge-up timers for their shields. Only the shields were able to absorb as much damage as a MAX for a short amount of time. I LIKE THIS, but I don't really know if it's true. If it is, then make sure the shield is even stronger if you add the timer, or just keep it as it is.
  19. miraculousmouse

Lol that would be so dirty with a shotgun (jackhammer). Conc a room, pop shield and mow everyone down.
  20. miraculousmouse

Note to all NC HAs. USE THE CYCLONE!!!