[Suggestion] Heavy Fix

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by MrWolf3, Jun 24, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

HA. While you use that pathetic fire arm, we VS use massive balls of plasma. BEAT THAT:p
  2. Covah

Lol again a nerf HA shield post.

If you nerf the HA shield, give HA acces to assault rifles or just suppress the class and put launchers on engineers.

People just don't understand HA is meant to be the strongest fighting class behind the MAX.

Ramp-up time on shield ? No more SMG on infils then, also add a ramp-up time on cloaking, ok ? And a ramp-up time on jet-pack etc...

These posts are so idiotic, i feel like people just don't understand how the game work.

Go play COD, no shield and no class there.
    • Up x 2
  3. DHT#

LMGs are the best guns for taking out multiple people. HA launchers make them the best for taking out vehicles. HAs have the best grenades for use against vehicles and infantry. In return, LMGs have a very, very minor cqc penalty compared to ARs and only ARs. So the HA is a class that's better in all combat situations than all other classes except for one class in one very specific situation. Which can be countered by using a shotgun.

And for some reason people in this thread think that this means the HA needs nearly 70% more effective health than everyone else available as an instant toggle. Because clearly there aren't enough advantages in other areas to still make the HA a viable class option.
  4. Moz

that was supposed to say "well"........... typo. Pretty obvious really because if it said "Wrel" it would make no sense at all. hahahahaha sorry about that dude...
  5. Moz

Let me qute myself here as it seems you dont actually READ anything people put.....

Page 1!

I am simply stating what SoE said their viskion for the shield was, as it was written in the roadmap.

I quote:

Heavy Assault Shield
    • We’re adding a ramp up time to the activation of all Heavy Assault shield abilities. The goal is to change the shield away from an instant-win button and more towards something that requires positioning and proper timing, which is our goal with all class abilities.
    Source:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/april-overall-balance.176747/

So yeah, like i said in my original post..... they see it as a tool that requires planning, like a building breach for example..... Or atleast they did before they scrapped the change.

I just wish they would tell us what changed their mind.
    • Up x 1
  6. Covah

HA has no support ability, it's meant to be the best class at fighting, that's why it is the most played class and should be the most played class.

I like to play Medic and LA, i play medic because i love AR and i like to play support when i'm bored, i know that i'm at a disadvantage on a 1 on 1 against a Heavy and i know that it is perfectly normal.
    LA because jetpack shotgun lol cheese.

Play HA if you want to be the regular infantry fighter that's how it's meant to be.
  7. DHT#

Devs have never stated the HA is supposed to be or should be the most played class. It's weapons and versatility already make it the best at fighting. The fact it has an extra shield at all is a bonus, but something that's instantly activated just means bad players are inappropriately rewarded when they get flanked because they have double the effective TTK.
  8. miraculousmouse

Our faction can acquire a shotgun with an underbarrel shotgun, which you can use a shotgun pistol with!!!1111
  9. Flea6.8

For the last time... IF you have even decent aim, ttk is short enough you beat human reaction time and lag compensation. Your point about flanking is moot.

Also, THIS IS A WAR... Why do people expect a fair fight?... You have infils popping out of stealth to light you up, c4 raining down from la's, medics rezzing people in half a second, eng's with endless ubgl, maxes with their ******** low ttk weapons, huge health pools, and ability to (now) be chain pulled just like regular infantry.

Deal with it....
  10. Covah

1 : Ha shield is not + 1000hp so it doesn't double the TTK, except maybe the resist shield and it's not a reactive shield it's a preventive shield.

2 : If you can't beat someone you just flanked even if they use shield, you are bad....or you are using the NS deep freeze or the patriot flare gun.

3 : 80% of "flanking" in this game is pure randomness, maps and bases are huge and open, you get flanked pretty much from everywhere + minimap is complete crap so even with darts you can have some surprises.

4 : If you want to get rid of all the things in PS2 that "reward" "bad players" you are going to delete 50% of the game.
    • Up x 1
  11. Renuse

HEAVY ASSAULT CLASS.

HEAVY.

ASSAULT.

CLASS.

If you cant kill HAs as ANY other class you are doing it wrong. In an open 1v1 fight, HAs are supposed to win, they are front line units, they are supposed to take more damage. They are supposed to be played a lot. Its a fricking war.

Im done with this thread. If people cant recognized how to kill certain units then they can just, well cry like little babies.

Today apparently the HEAVY ASSAULT shield is just too much for players to handle (heaven forbid we get a chance to not have to pull a MAX to fight in insane battles. Screw it, lets all just pull MAXs all the time.). Tomorrow it'll be the medics being able to rez people.

People are stupid.
  12. DatVanuMan

Can't believe Higby actually did that. I REALLY love the idea of the Brawler, because it's not only a shotgun, but one with another shotgun ON it! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  13. Posse

In fact, with how broken infantry balance is right now, there's absolutely no reason to pull a HA instead of a MAX already.
    • Up x 1
  14. DHT#

1) TTK is not measured in effect hit points, it's measured by the amount of shots needed to kill someone and the time it takes to make those shots. For most weapons in the game, the heavy's overshield will double the TTK minus the time of one shot, or 2 shots for an HA with full NW.
    TTK against non-HA, no NW: .48 seconds
    TTK against non-HA, full NW: .64 seconds
    TTK against HA, no NW: .88 seconds
    TTK against HA, full NW: 1.12 seconds
    Time for one shot: .08 seconds

So no, it's not quite doubled TTK, but it's extremely close.

2) I can kill them when the hit detection is working normally, I just don't think the shield should be an oh **** button, I think it should be a tactical tool like every other class skill. I'd even be for buffing it up if it went to a delayed activation.

3) I agree, but some classes specialize in flanking (Infil, LA), and anyone can flank by using radar or just taking routes the enemy doesn't expect you to take. Situational awareness is an important skill, which can counter flanking, and would allow the HA to still make full use of their shield.

4) Devs have already done quite a bit of it by removing the huge splash on rockets, HE, and HEAT shells.

Being flanked isn't an open fight, and a heavy caught off guard deserves no extra advantage because their weapon and tool assortment already offers them plenty of advantages.
  15. Renuse

Your right, thats where reflex and skill comes in.

The attacker must be skilled enough to get a head-shot for a proper flank to be successful. And if your fighting a skilled player, regardless is they are a heavy or not they can turn and headshot you pretty quickly. After all why else do we have directional damage indicators? And why in the hell would he make the game play a simple 'flank = win' if there are heavies? Once again, these are heavy assault units. They need to have time to adjust and counter on the fly, therefore, take damage 9ie time) in order to respond appropriately. 90% of the time getting rezed by a soft target your heavy is supposed to be protecting (ie the medics, engies, ect) means youll die cause you have NO shields.

Heavies need shields in order to even be viable in large scale combat where a constantly shifting and active battle field is. To begin sinking the heavies overall health pool more and more will result in 1. more maxes being pulled, and 2. more people dieing to small bits of damage, therefore reducing the game to a more CoD play style. IE run out die and hope for some kills.

And once again. These battles are over 200 people. There is stuff flying everywhere. There has to be a class that can take damage besides the max, which is already extremely easy to kill.

if you cannot recognize the target (ie a heavy or and engie) when your about to shoot at it, there is a serious problem. If your rolling engie or some squish build, you cannot expect to keep par with a FRONT line unit with a SUPPORT unit.

All you support people out there. This is an MMO. That means using teamwork and stratagies, as well as knowing your target and how to kill it. if this were a fantasy MMO you wouldn't expect a Healer class to DPS a boss down for the win. Do the math, use your brains, and break out of your single class molds. If your fighting a heavy you have to out DPS his, which is going to be head shots and maneuverability. Anything else and youll more than likely die, because (for MMOs sake) the HA is the Warrior build with a DPS focus.

Get over it. Play better. I know medics who eat HAs alive, infils who dance circles around them, engies who out think them, and light assault who out maneuver them. Know your classes, weapons, surroundings, enemy, and strengths and USE it. Stop expecting to run straight into a fight with a fricking engineer and expect to CoD your way through it. unfortunately this game requires you to use your brain.
  16. Renuse

If YOUR GOING TO "QUOTE" a post, don't INSERT YOUR OWN ******** words into my post.

Great show of character right there.
  17. Renuse

So your telling me having the ability to absorb some damage in order to respond to the threat ISNT a tactical tool? As a front line unit that sounds like something thats supposed to be there.

Your also telling me that as a HA having the ability to immediately pop their shields when they hear a prox mine beeping (hell why have it beep in the first place?) When the HAs are supposed to go first, ISNT a tactical tool?

Your telling me that I cant wait to pop my shield until the last moment while taking fire from a ES fighter, in order to line up a shot/lockon, ISNT a tactical tool?

Your telling me that flashing your shields when assaulting in order to draw fire off your medics/per-emptivly draw attention or signal your position, ISNT a tactical tool?

Shields?

Catching a rocket for your only medic inst a tactical tool?

Covering your squishy support units when your squads moving up isnt a tactical tool?

Taking damage in order to assist in the displacement of a engie turret isnt a tactical tool?

Using it while falling, using it when putting C4 down, when you need to try and survive to to keep point, none of these things register as tactical uses?

Here you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactic_(method)

Dont forget about team work. Sorry to say MMOs require that too.
    • Up x 1