[Suggestion] Heavy Fix

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by MrWolf3, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Posse

That's actually what happens when the guy surprising the HA can aim.
    • Up x 3
  2. lawn gnome

depends on the weapon being used and the reflexes of the heavy, but in general i actually want a small activation time added to the shield so that it can be buffed back to it's closed beta glory. the days when activating the shield meant you could wade out into enemy fire and shrug most of it off almost as well as a MAX.
  3. DatVanuMan

The shield is the only thing that makes the HA able to stand toe to toe against other classes. A Heavy without his shield is like a medic without the "medic" tools. No nerf is required.
    • Up x 2
  4. DHT#

So a heavy is at such an extreme disadvantage with their LMGs that they can't possibly compete without double the TTK?
  5. Scr1nRusher

LMG's are basically crappy AR's.
  6. DatVanuMan

Example: Semi-competent engineer (40% experience) versus Not so competent Heavy (20-25% experience). The Heavy has an Orion. The engineer has a Serpent. Who will win? Without a shield, DEFINITELY the engineer. With the shield, it's a 50-50 shot. That's what the shield does. It gives you an edge over enemies you meet, because your specialty is killing, but you need to have some skillz to retain that specialty:)
  7. DHT#

In more or less the same way that carbines are crappy ARs, and yet LAs and engies do just fine with those without a shield.
  8. DatVanuMan

ARs are faster LMGs. LMGs are larger ARs:p
  9. DHT#

Ok, so let's turn the tables. Experienced heavy versus inexperienced engineer, who wins? HA every time, because the engy has no ******** to pull out of his sleeve and even if the HA is having an off day he's got a free crutch to rely on. All for having weapons with the best sustained accuracy and highest damage per magazine, and generally better dps than carbines,too. And the best anti-personnel grenades. And the best AV options.

Small wonder so many people play HA.
  10. Scr1nRusher

Different classes are different.
    • Up x 1
  11. DatVanuMan

Because it's THEIR CHOICE. Because it's THEIR PLAYSTYLE. Because it's WHAT THEY PREFER. Anyways, EXPERIENCED engineer, crappy Heavy. WHO WINS? Hmm, I WONDER. Man, a Heavy who's more experienced than someone else who isn't another Heavy or a MAX (On certain occasions) will always WRECK them. THEY ARE SUPPOSED to deal more damage, take more damage, and go against armor. What class do you main, anyways? You must be an infiltrator who expects to quickscope every enemy soldier you encounter. The Heavy needs no nerf, and I was hoping that people got sick of that word.
    • Up x 1
  12. Scr1nRusher

Actually more people play medic then HA, and if you want to get more focused on that More people play engineer then HA, but less then the number of people that play medic.

if that makes sense.
  13. DHT#

Different should be better at different things then, not flat out superior. If HAs are better at killing more people at once (Conc grenades, LMGs), and have the best AV options (Rocket launchers, av grenades), why also the shield? Every other class is extra vulnerable when they do what they do. Why is the heavy the only class that gets a benefit? As I said, they should be different, not superior. And right now, HAs are superior.

Every HA in this thread seems to think they need to be the king of infantry combat in all circumstances ever, including when flanked or caught off guard. But that means there's no point in being an LA, very little point in being an infil, engies are glorified mechanics, and medics only job is to be glued to an HA's butt. HAs have enough advantages in other situations that a small timer on the shield would not drastically affect the class except when they have already been outplayed, at which point they should lose.
  14. Scr1nRusher

The medic is the best class overal.
  15. DHT#

Yeah, it's their choice to play a class that's obviously inferior in every way except for the one way that makes their class unique, which actively makes them more vulnerable while they do it. And then an HA comes along, with more things that make the class unique while having none of the down sides of every other class.

And for the record, my current "main" is a medic on Connery because I can't kill anything on Emerald with the hit detection the way it is there regardless of class. I do infil / LA on NC, Medic/Eng on TR, and HA on VS because I love the lancer, but I swap classes as needed for the situation. I don't have an issue with HAs having a shield, but I don't think it needs instant activation. And it certainly doesn't need to double the TTK.

I'd like to see a source for that data. High engies makes sense because virtually everyone in a vehicle is an engy, but I rarely see medics except when I'm on TR.
  16. Scr1nRusher

Name everything good about the medic & its effect on the battlefield.
  17. DatVanuMan

Infiltrator: Becomes invisible, or semi-invisible (The former on low graphics), and can snipe everyone:p
    Medic: Heals himself AND his allies (This makes him more vulnerable by...?).
    Engineer: Throws down a sweet ammo box:p
    LA: Flies (OP, NERF!). Nah, just kidding. Need the Icarus jump jets, though:(
    MAX: Piece of crap, HE'S THE OP ONE.
    HA: For seriously increased protection, you are slower. CONSIDERABLY.
    Instead of NERFING the shield, or adding anything to it that can decrease its performance, why not improve the other class abilities?
  18. Posse

Not really, if the guy is decent, even the best HA in the world will get killed if he's surprised.
  19. DHT#

There's plenty good about the medic. My medic actually has the best k/d ratio and SPM of my guys, but there's a lot of reasons for that (TR has ridiculous DPS and I'm not usually on the front lines). But what I want to see is a source showing them as the most played class. Because in my experience, it's easily the HA. I could believe engies with all the vehicles out there, but I don't see anywhere near that many medics.

Medic - more vulnerable when reviving or healing with the tool, but I've definitely won bases by keeping people revived rather than having to come back from the sunderer. The AoE heal is pretty much the ideal ability for support. It has a very weak effect on it's own (So slow it isn't likely to save you) but becomes much more powerful the more people are around, which is where a support class should be. Much like the engineer or infil abilities.

Engi - Outside of accidentally activating ammo in combat, repairing things leaves you vulnerable. Turret also leaves you extremely vulnerable to flanking and snipers.

LA - Can't aim for crap while flying and it's easy to predict where you're going to go. I think this class is the most fun, though, and obviously best for flanking.

Infil - Can't shoot while cloaked and anyone on medium or higher settings has an easy time seeing you if you aren't crouched and standing still. Less shields. Does bring that sweet, sweet radar, though. Hacking is nice, too, but you really only need 1-2 infils to hack and keep a base covered.

HA - Best AV options, best AI grenades, best at killing multiple people. Shield doubles the effective TTK against you for most weapons, but slows you down by 25%. Doesn't stop me from running and gunning, but I'm usually VS on my HA and the Orion doesn't slow down as much while ADS.

MAX - Eh, I barely judge this as infantry. They seem to spend most of the fight in a corner with an engi glued to them not doing a whole lot. I basically see them as bonus xp from C4 unless I run into one coming around a corner.

I would be down for improving other abilities, but the vulnerability is fundamental to most of their design. The HA's shield effectively allows them to be actively worse players and still do well because it is such a huge boost in small fights. A small timer on the shield would be fine because it allows outplaying them to still be effective while still allowing them to last longer when they plan on it or if there is cover available.
  20. Posse

Where is it written that class distribution has to be 20/20/20/20/20?