Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Feydakin

I have two words for you guys... TEST SERVER ;)
    • Up x 11
  2. oherror

Hope one of the bug fixes is the no damage max bug. I mean a max doing no damage at close range means thier primary focus is gone.
  3. SDD

I hope the "freshly spawned players" being worth less XP is a duration based deal rather than having them need to score kills to be worth the old amount. Killing a player that's been running around, ghost capping, should still give a normal reward to the killer.

Support XP getting some changes is nice to hear.
    Underground is definitely a good thing.
    SMGs sound like they could be fun.

Looking forward to it.
    • Up x 1
  4. LameFox

What would happen in the case of a suicide? A good portion of my ESF (not so much liberator) deaths occur when the plane loses power during my attempt to escape and smashes into an object (or I just don't see something). Would the damage-xp for my vehicle scale with my 'on death' xp reward as well?

Welcome to the Jungle Filter btw.

Words have more varied uses than you're apparently aware of. It could easily be said of a new player that they are 'freshly spawned' or that I have 'a lot of kills' whether I've just logged in or have been liberating people for hours, as my kills are recorded in my profile and don't go away.

Anyway, I expected this was what he meant, but the alternative would have been interesting. Never seen a system like that before that I can recall.
  5. themariner

Higby confirmed that it is kills on their current life.
  6. Spartan 117

This. I hope these tunnels are well thought out. Looking forward to upcoming changes, little concerned I didn't see render distance mentioned however. This was priority #1 on most of the communities wish lists.
    • Up x 3
  7. Rognik

Spawn changes, AA changes, hotspot changes, and XP changes all sound great! Thank you, it really feels like you are listening to people's major gripes.

However, regarding the performance improvements, I do hope not all changes are focused exclusively on low-end systems. I'm sorry, but it's really not acceptable for high-end systems to get less than 60 FPS on all settings.

Personally, getting a CPU bottleneck at 40ish FPS with a brand new i7-3770K really sucks. What I would give to be able to play at 60 frames per second...
  8. yadelah

Rock! Can't wait!
  9. bwdodd

Any thoughts on the ability to set larger arrows over squad leader and/or platoon leaders? Its hard to pick them out of a crowd sometimes.
  10. n00biz

11. rGlory

He said " although not drastically impacting their DPS." Where did you see "seemingly BUFFING Anti-Air"?
    /facepalm
  12. Kapernum

Still no new metagame.
  13. Flavo

I hope it works out so that a player with 1 kill is worth the experience we get now, and more kills means slightly more experience. As long as it hurts spawn farming but doesn't reduce overall XP gain via legit kills I'm for it.
    • Up x 2
  14. Padla

After the mass/intertia bug is fixed, The whole esf (relative to each other) balance has to be looked at. Some of the esf characteristics (afterburner speed/ agility/ hover ability) offer more advantages in dogfight than others. Theres no need making all esf same. Just make sure that every faction has a tangible advantage AND disadvantage to pay for it... It is not the case right now.
    • Up x 4
  15. Uben Qui

Excellent solution to the main issues. Lets kick these tires a bit. ;)
  16. AngryPlayer

So what about the rendering distance for infantry? If there's going to be no change can I get a cert refund for the 7x, 8x, 10x and 12x scopes I have that are useless?
    • Up x 2
  17. Corruptlol

Ok list looks good, but is this the only render distance tweak ?
    I know you are working since months on the render distance, when there will be some final improvement ?
    • Up x 1
  18. VexTheRaven

I like everything except the exp changes worry me. Some guy spawns, runs out, shoots me down to 25% hp before I kill him. He's freshly spawned, so I get almost no exp. But my odds of killing any halfway-decent player who's racked up a few kills is now almost zero. I understand the change is to discourage spawn camping, but I fear it will make exp way too much based on luck. Do I get lucky and find the guy on a 10-kill streak, or do I find the guy who hasn't killed anyone?
    • Up x 3
  19. Koadster

I so totally called it.. a TR SMG and a VS holding the VS SMG

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  20. Spookydodger

LOL.
    • Up x 6