Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Crazyfingers

This update is looking... phenomenal. If you guys pull it off at this pace this game is going to be a hell of a contender in no time!

Addresses almost all of the major issues currently plaguing the game short of adding an overall compelling meta and more organic and player controllable inflows for infantry and vehicle resources. Greatly looking forward to this!
  2. Vrumpt

Any word on account wide SC weapon unlocks?
    • Up x 1
  3. D0n

Please tell me that on that bug list, you reverted whatever was done to gravity and inertia of ESF and the reaver's AB.
    • Up x 1
  4. chrollo

MOAR GUNS please.
  5. D0n

6. Feydakin

How?

More info?

How short? 2 seconds? 6 seconds?

With the ability to deploy in those spots I assume?

Accessible by anyone or just defenders?

I still want to see defense given more incentive, like multiples of XP offense. I really hate that the most effective way to get XP is capping unoccupied facilities...

Anyhow, it's an awesome start!
  7. Lazaruz

I won't speculate on the changes until I see them Live. But I'm happy that the team has resupplied their batteries and are back to work.
    I hope the new year brings you many interesting challenges to overcome. And I'm excited to see the 6-month plan later on.
  8. Ultralord

First off, thanks for the update Higby!

A few things I'd like to know however.
    #1- Any word on that prowler buff?
    #2- ETA on account wide unlocks.
  9. Spookydodger

Invulnerability: Just in case it didn't come up: Probably should make the invulnerability drop after running more than a meter. Don't want proximity mine bearing suiciders to run into a mass of enemies in say, a biolab, because he couldn't be killed for 3 seconds.

Dynamic Colors: I hope this includes hud colors. I hate trying to aim my skyguard during bright sunny days as a Vanu, since it is a skyblue color. Additionally, can you make it so that either we pick a "day" and "night" color and it switches at some point, or that the colors we choose are somehow bordered by something to offset them?
    • Up x 2
  10. Quickscope

server mergers man wru :(
  11. Basti

Comments in fancy purple! Fancy!

Happy new year folks. Hope you had a good and restful break, you wont have any more till next christmas. :p
    • Up x 2
  12. Gavyne

Looking great! Thank you for the update, and it does appear you are listening to player feedback so we really do appreciate that! Can't wait to see the 6 month plan, but so far the January plan looks awesome.
  13. Spookydodger

Being that he said freshly spawned players, I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's "kills this life". Like how you already get a "streak stop" bonus.
  14. Isila

If by "Increased reload times for certain HE weapons on vehicles" you mean you made them take LONGER to reload, then I can safely say that I am pleased with every single one of those changes.

You might just save this game yet, SOE. Keep going down this line, emphasize the good fight over mindless explosive spam spawn camping, and this might just be a good game again.
  15. DukeFlash

Does that mean 'Grounder' G2A rocket launcher or are you talking about A2A missiles?
  16. Flavo

Ditto on that, I had hoped it was a priority. Also I think the XP system would be better if it simply awarded less XP for players killed within 30 seconds of their spawning. This would curb spawn farming without hurting XP gain in all other areas.
    • Up x 1
  17. Xae

No nerfs for <Insert Faction Here>
    No buffs for <Insert Faction Here>

Clearly you hate <Whatever Faction I play>.
    • Up x 12
  18. Gavyne

Those asking for server merges, the server transfer will be active so it'll serve as a temp fix so you can move to a populated server of your choice.
  19. Fox234

Please tell me these "tunnels" Will be more than just a bland corridor and that you plan on making this a part of the actual base design like in PS1.
    • Up x 2
  20. BalogDerStout

Good. After logging out in frustration for the first time I look forward to this. Let's hope it shifts some of the issues.