Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Spookydodger

If you like, follow this link and go to about 55 minute mark on the first video. Blow it up to full screen. Of course it will be pixelated because the original video quality is only so good, but it might give you a better idea of how big things will render for you.
  2. Kurai P

Also this game is like a remake of BF2142 with a bit of Haloish in it so why not induce more of "halo" in there! When people eject from aircraft jumping off buildings (and die of course), give the kill to the last person that shot the suicide player
    and like in my last post PLZ FIX THE FONT in game or players with zero "0" or letter "O" impossible to report remember that guy from VS who had 24 X 0s and Os and he wasnt banned for ages
    • Up x 1
  3. Strilac

Transfer spawn beacon cert into LA tool slot, make it like sundy, usable by anybody, but with dead zone, and make it despawn after person changes class like it is with engy turrets...
  4. Kalmageddon

Wait, so if a player doesn't kill anything it's worth less xp.
    How many xp then? Because if it takes more then one kill to put it on the 100xp range (without booster) this WILL make the cert gain even slower. Most players suck. Most players die without having the chance of killing anything.
    And some players simply play a support role. If you kill a medic you remove a big advantage from your enemy, but he's going to be worth LESS xp then anyone else?

I really do not like this change if this is how it's going to work and I honestly think it will create a lot of problems.
    • Up x 2
  5. FoolishLobster

All this XP changes mean little to me. Anyone with boosts playing regularly already has most of their favourite things certed out already so XP means nothing anymore.
    • Up x 1
  6. Crashsplash

• Fantastic - but job half done, we do need dynamic xp to apply to Base captures too.
    • Oh oh. I don't understand the reasoning here.
    • If you come across an enemy AMS will you be able to kill the spawnees? You should be able to, you certainbly shouldn't have the disadvantage.
    Similarly, if I go around a corner and happen upon 2 enemy and 1 has only just revived the other, do I have to fight a medic+an invunerable HA? The doesn't seem fair.

• Enhancements here were long needed.
    • Up x 1
  7. Gortha

This:

Is not a good Idea!
    • Up x 3
  8. Gortha

This is making sunderers way too strong.... They´ve big guns....
    It´s taking away the deserved advantage Defenders have, when they succesfully discovered the enemy AMS/Spawn and try to kill it.

Also revives in bases and on the field are succesful possible at situations and positions were it´s just rediculous.

There are also other points which speak against this.
  9. nitram1000

Well we have a good few weeks to farm the **** out of everything with our VPC, then slow certs gain won't really matter.
  10. LabRatTy

I figure medics that stay alive for quite a while are probably very likely to at least pick up a kill or two, and I'm guessing that'll make them worth plenty of Exp.

Honestly, most infantry shouldn't be worth 100 exp. Killing one just doesn't help your team very much - whereas killing that sunderer, tank, esf, or lib... That REALLY helps your team. So that's where the big Exp should come from.

Players like you who care a lot about their cert gains need to be encouraged to do what helps their team the most. This will make the game better all-in-all.

I think it might be neat if freshly spawned players would just appear inside the sunderer. Let them get their bearings, and skip the "weirdness" of them standing around unable to take damage.

Resort to spawning outside with invulnerability when the sunderer is full.
    • Up x 1
  11. Stormlight666

A few minor requests:

(1) Any way for you folks to reset the trial weapon cooldowns so once you do the changes to missiles actually blowing stuff up, people can trial those launchers?

(2) Make terminal/turret hacking a temporary timed feature (like abandoning a vehicle).

(3) Slightly longer range on engineers repair tool so we don't get run over as easily by careless drivers.

(4) For AA flak - make it go poof like in PS1 so it helps aiming. OR make a cert tree for turrets / maxes with vision mode to show lead-in firing positions (which would work well for you folks since it'd give people more things to spend certs/SC on).

Thanks.
  12. Stormlight666

Maybe create a new "SHIELD MAX" variant that is all about taking massive damage and moving forward with only a melee attack to hit back with. Help bring back the old Max Crashes in tunnel combat.
  13. Modiae

First up i haven't read the entire thread as there's too much stuff here, but here's a few things to chuck in to the mix. Make the leader boards work! Make it possible to see other Outfits and compare details etc. When i disconnect because i've been away from the screen too long, don't make me have to restart the client, the game should take me back to the character select screen. Also why do i have to log in to my character to check stats, change weapons, spend certs etc? Is it not possible to access these things from the character select screen? Last thing I'll comment on is the spawn invulnerability, which in my opinion is a poor idea. Its going to make taking down a high traffic Sunderer very difficult, which is not what i believe the intended point was.
    • Up x 1
  14. Zitroxious

i cant wait! great stuff devs
  15. Revorn

This will probably result in an masacre. I guess, soon you wount see any MAXes on the Field anymore. Not that only the LIBs need to use Q to spot them the easy Way, no, the Tanks now are getting this Option as well. Poor MAXes. :(
  16. Akrasjel

It mean we will earn less XP :eek:
  17. Steakbeard

It's a great list full of positive changes for defending bases, the only one I could think of that wasn't on the list was the idea of changing base equipment like jump pads and lifts to be IFF so enemies cannot use them off hand, which would have a big impact on the defense of amp stations, and the ability therefore for infiltrators to hack these base equipment, so it can be used by their team and not the defenders. Would add a great layer of tactical game play, and a good few laughs for the infiltrators when they hack a lift and watch defenders drop to their deaths instead when using it.
  18. Laughingskull

the "Increases to reload speed for certain HE ground vehicle weapons" I'm a little confused as to what you mean as in it will take more or less time to reload it can be read both ways
  19. Raka Maru

Thank you Higs for these notes, and I like most of them.

I'm concerned about the following tho...

I don't think that "displaying" where the defense XP is coming from will actually do much for encouraging actual "defense" of the area. You see, the attackers still get the big "ding" of 1000 XP when they cap something, so they will already be on their way to the next base as usual. It will still be run with Zerg, cap and leave, repeat.
  20. Spookydodger

I would imagine the invulnerability part was to alleviate the frustration of being killed before your screen updates while spawning at a Sunderer or after being raised, not just the farming potential, or else they wouldn't really care about medic raising for this functionality.

In reality, if someone doesn't want to be farmed at a Sunderer, they probably shouldn't spawn at that Sunderer. Coming into a spawn for the first time and dying before you can move, and the screen gets unresponsive and glitchy because you are dead before the world renders doesn't allow you much information on what the heck happened and frustrates players that they died before they even spawned.

Some might argue that 1-2 seconds afterwards isn't much better, but you can only hold someone's hand for so long!