Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Kalmageddon

Also, notice something missing from all the changes to xp gain?
    Still no shared xp for vehicles crew.

Huge disappointment.
    This, plus making killing vehicles the biggest xp gain method (xp for even just damaging them, plus xp for the driver having a few kills) will shift the metagame too much against ground vehicles, while not affecting a lot air units.
    • Up x 1
  2. FightingFirst

Most of the changes look good but...
    -Invulnerability when rezzed is a horrible idea imo. It just make medic trains and as far as I know wasnt widely asked for.
    -I take it infantry render distance not being mentioned means its not being fixed? I was playing yesterday and infantry were literally rendering about 5 metres in front of me to the point where where there had been no infantry on the ridge line five metres in front of me suddenly there were 20. Is this problems fixable some word on this would be appreciated.
    -Will there be other balance tweaks (aka weapon balance) in this patch as well which you havent mentioned
    Otherwise keep up the good work.
    FF
  3. NCf00

Higby - thanks for the feedback/update - please could I request that inline with the XP changes, your team look to implement XP sharing for vehicle occupants OR amongst squadmembers. For instance:

Being a tailgunner generates next-to-no XP; yet you perform an important function. XP/kills generated by the Gunner should be shared between all occupants.

Similarly, please could I request that MBT be slightly restructured so that the Driver has no offensive weapons (aside from the vehicle) and they can have 3 occupants (3 seems to be a good number for squads/friends) - the final secondary weapon manned by the new, 3rd position.
    These should sort out teamplay to some extent, and promote fully crewing vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  4. Thardus

And what does smaller mean in game terms, generally. What would we expect to see an SMG do?
  5. sparr

Could you consider some XP changes for Capture and defend objectives - for many of us is way too little xp for capture base or defend it compared to xp from kills - this favors kill grind than objective play

Second thing for important for me is friends and squad management:
    1. There is a lack of "Join friend" option - there is only invite friend
    2. possibility to change ppl placement in squads / change squad in platoon (i.e. very often when me and my friend joining custom platoon we were placed in different squads, and there is no option to change squad in platoon)

Anyway - great news about changes !
    • Up x 1
  6. RAS

good to see the xp change , adding things from ps1 is only going to help , now we need

spawn rooms in the base we are defending not 300 meters away

weps terms in ALL air towers , so annoying to drop through the shields only to find that the veh / wep term is hacked or destroyed and have no way of sorting it out

lose the cap points and bring back control consoles ( inside the bases) to promote better fights with a 15 minute timer like ps1 on contested conts , ghost hacking should have reduced timers

tr weps need to be nerfed

friendly fire needs addressing asap , its ruining fights , maybe have something like the % damage you do to a friendly taken off your progress to your next br and given to the person you hit , severe ? yes but thats whats needed.
    Air collisions , i don't know what to suggest about this but its infuriating !

better continent benefits , along the lines of ps1 please , the current benefits arn't worth fighting for

temp bans for people who abuse proximity chat with music , 2 days first offence 4 days second offence 3rd offence perma ban

lasher fixing
  7. ZombieRommel

I suggested this many times in the forums.

Thanks for listening, SOE.

And also for fixing the useless lock-on missiles. I'll be back in the fight for sure when this update drops. Good luck meeting that ambitious deadline, and thanks for giving us one.
  8. Eleniaki

Is this XP to be dealt out even if that vehicle does not die at all or just another way to split assist XP. So hitting a tank with a rocket will always net you some XP?
    Will I, as a liberator pilot, get XP when my gunner damages a tank with the Dalton or ... ?

Excellent, any chance of us getting this change immediately and not in three weeks?

Are we talking about support tasks as in Liberator or Galaxy piloting and not repair, revive and ammo because those tasks already give enough XP as it is.

Possibly good, will have to wait until it is implemented to decide.

Better base design, always good.

Small AA changes are good, the balance is in numbers (as in the number of planes against the number of people doing AA) and that is an incentive problem not a DPS problem.
    Looks good, the only issue is the time. I understand that you will need three weeks to get all of it done, how about implementing the smaller (easier to implement) items as soon as possible rather than doing them all in one go?
  9. HadesR

Yeah be nice when the G2A work's properly .. It might stop the feeling that it would be more effective used as a club when the pilot exit's his craft :p
  10. Purg

The MAX was relatively easy for me to spot - moreso when he zoomed in, is that they highest certed zoom? I've never been in a Liberator so I don't know. What about thermal optics? Would it be out of range even though the MAX was rendered? The video doesn't really make my point though. If it were a heavily populated area that the Lib was flying over, the MAX would render first allowing you to note their locations then the rest of the infantry would render as you got closer. Having to pick the AA MAX's out of the crowd is (potentially) no longer required.
  11. Purg

That's hilarious coming from Vanu! LOL!

The one thing that should *never* change is friendly fire. It's an absolute must mechanic. Are you suggesting friendly fire be removed and replaced with your suggestion or it remain and add your suggestion?
    • Up x 1
  12. irewolf

Oooooh, yes please!!!!
  13. Dingus148

Dirty libspammer :p but I agree with you on all points. Unfortunately, devs have stated that "driver/gunner is more 'fun' to play" so we won't see a sane, PS1 style, harder-to-zerg version of the tanks. This is why I think that people that hide behind "devs want air to counter air" are fools...it's a cash grab for the lone wolves at the expense of teamwork, and if people can't be honest about that what can they be? Don't worry though dude, I'll pray for min 2-man MBTs with you. (Although I might sneak in another prayer for decent ground AA.)
  14. CaptainDreads

Liking all of the changes.

Would still love to have the option for shared squad / platoon xp though
  15. fourfourfun

Only thing I would like to request is alternate UI setup for Steam Big Picture Mode people.

I've just swapped to a front room setup and find some elements hard to see now that I don't have a screen inches from my face.

Even on max font size, the chat text is too small. I'm also totally missing any requests or squad invites.
  16. spacyman

Wait a minute..... Server tokens that are available in the marketplace? Which means you have to buy them??
    Geese, thats greedy, even by your standards SOE....
  17. Siilk

Wooo, patch notes! Let's see...
    Love the XP changes. I was advocating damage XP for the sake of AA gunners for a long time so I'm gland that this is plead was heard by the devs. And player XP value being dynamic is nice too. It would mean two things. Firstly, joe-the-average would still give you your average 100 xp per kill but larry-the-1337, who just killed a whole platoon single handedly would be worth much more, provided you would have enough skills to put him down. Secondly, spawncamping would not be as rewarding as it is now as freshly spawned players would give you less XP.

Speaking of spawncamping, introducing invulnerability for freshly spawned/revived players even while being a bit controversial, could further improve spawncamping situation. Players would have a better chance to exit the spawn building and fight off the attackers. And, as invulnerability is ceased as soon as invulnerable players fires a shot, it would be hard to abuse this feature.

And to finish with the spawncamp issues, I'm very glad to hear that new spawnrooms would be introduced, hopefuly with better layout that would further decrease the severity of spawncamping. And the tunnels would be nice to have too. Finally, no need to run like hell under heavy crossfire just to get from a spawnroom to AMP/TP main complex!

SMGs! That's neat. My only hope is that it could be taken instead of pistol as otherwise it's rather pointless as we already have carbines.

AA buff improvements are always welcome. I hope we would finally hit the sweet spot in the AA and A2G balance. And finally, with better MAX rendering distance, no invisible MAXes shooting you out of the sky.
  18. Mietz

This fixes nothing.
  19. Akrasjel

3 weeks then :eek:
  20. irewolf

Only thing about this is there should be a way to tell that somone is in that invunrability mode, perhaps a glow on thier shields. Otherwise you could come round a corner empty a clip, he just waits untill you are on reload and shoots you without you knowing he was in invulnerability.
    • Up x 1