Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. TheZillionaire

Hey Higby. You mentioned optimizations for players with lower end GPU's. Personally I have a very nice GPU (Nvidia 660 TI) and not the best processor (Intel Core-i3 2125). Can I expect any of the optimizations in this patch to help players like me have improved performance in big battles? Currently the game runs great for me but if I step into a hex with platoons worth of players fighting I can expect my FPS to drop a little below 30 FPS.
    • Up x 1
  2. AlexR

Short period of invulnerability will be added to freshly spawned / revived players - breaks upon game actions such as entering a vehicle or using a weapon. We don't need this. It was okay to kill people who was silly enough to accept revive in a danger zone. There will be bugs, like running engineers with AT mines for sunderers, killed then revived and finally reached their targed because of invulnerability. In situation when you have 1Hp and there is revived soldier with 1HP on the start (if medic is on default) you are dead, because your first shot is nothing, but when he will start shooting you are dead. And much more bugs like that. Please don't add this feature.
    • Up x 3
  3. AlexR

Good point man, yes.
    • Up x 1
  4. NCf00

Quite simply either stay back from a Sunderer, or movement might cancel the invulnerability.

I've been spawncamped by VS with shotguns, where i've spawned and i'm dead before my screen even shows the game screen (from loading...). That isn't very fair - at least give me the option to get my bearings and establish the situation and threats.
  5. Mietz

Also imagine if an engineer gets taken down on a suicide run, gets res with a grenade and has invulnerability until he can reach that sunderer/tank and drop his mines.

The stupidity of this "fix" is astounding.
    • Up x 1
  6. willTell

I wholeheartedly agree, this kind of mechanic will spawn a whole lot of problems.
    Don't do this SOE, you will regret it later!
  7. PanzerShrimp

Would like to know more about faction balance changes, As some who plays all three factions and with a lot of FPS experience...

There is a lot of stuff that is both UP and OP on both factions.... But as for VANU there whole arsenal is TOO powerful and TOO easy to use!

In before vanu fan boys use " we have very small damage reduction over distance to justify our OP'ness" excuse.
  8. Rares

I believe people do not understand the Invulnerability feature. It's been applied in games such as Battlefield 3. IT IS NOT indefinate invulnerability as your posts lead me to believe you understood. It will likely be 0.5 or maximum 1 second invulnerability, so you couldn't empty your whole clip on him without getting some hits.
  9. Mazzar

Lynx (Hipfire gun) > Jaguar (Hipfire gun 2.0) > SMG's.

I dont like the idea of EXP per hit on vehicles, seems dodgy.

"Air vehicle weapon tweaks"
    Update 1: We've nerfed Air
    Update 1: We've made AA stronger
    Game: All AA is on sale
    Update 2: We're going to make people sit for hours in Anti-Air turrets, with the new XP gain
    Update 2: We're going to further weaken air, after you spent all your certs and money on it, because some people have never played any sort of FPS before, and they get confused when it comes to air.

"Tunnel systems for amp and tech facilities to give access from spawn rooms to interior of bases and base walls without having to go above ground."

This is cool, kinda like planetside 1, Except that defenders already sit at disadvantages. Nobody seems to care or particularly notice that a facility is under attack. It is actually easier to Re-take a facility than successfully defend it, with the same number of people.
    • Up x 1
  10. Biytor

As to the adjustments to aircraft weapons... Does this mean the super flying tank of doom, a.k.a. the Liberator, is going to get it's guns reworked? How about the ridicules amount of armor it sports? The damn thing can take more hits then a MBT and fly away.
  11. Nehemia

Oi! Wheres INF's vehicle hacking or explosives.

Come on guys, show us some love.
  12. irewolf

Ye, it's just, like I said, I'm not totally against the idea, it's just that, if it is not implimented very carefully it could be very open to abuse.
  13. Jonas Wingren

Quoting an outfit mate that made a good point

MrFlannelMouth:
    "I don't really understand this choice though:
    Quote:
    Dynamic XP system for player kills, players who have more kills on their current life are worth more XP.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of players who've been alive for a while to be worth more in terms of XP. But why make it about kills again? If there's anything the community has been criticizing, it's the focus on kills rather than teamplay and objectives etc.
    Why not make the bonus XP a fraction of the XP the player you kill had earned throughout his life, rather than his amount of kills?

Amongst other things, this would encourage holding on to a base to the very end. The last stragglers at a Tech Plant after it has just been captured would get large amounts of XP from all the enemies who just got +1000 XP."
    • Up x 2
  14. schrodingers_cat

i hope the tunnels are like the bf3 davamond peak tunnels at the last points in rush
    basically impossible to take if there's an organised defence but if you manage it you have to move quickly before the defenders lock it down and slaughter you
    i never played ps1 so i cant compare to that but the davamond tunnels are the best tunnel fights ive seen/played in a long time
  15. Smaisteri

Still no optimisation for AMD CPU's????? Wonder-*******-ful!
  16. Dingus148

Open to abuse, yes. But I'd like to think it may just add some badly needed depth. Blatant hacks are one thing, exploits are another. Don't forget, trick jumping was originally considered an exploit in Quake 2, but it soon became an additional (and awesome) feature of the gameplay. As long as the exploit is sufficiently difficult to abuse and doesn't affect the game too badly, I have no problem with it being there. I kind of think of these "doomsday scenarios" as alternatives to flanking maneuvers. Puts a higher priority on massacring medics in any event. I'm cautiously optimistic, even though I share your concerns.

MMMMMmmmmmmmm, tasty pilot tears. Yes....YES!!! If your strategy isn't working...that's how the now-infamous line begins, doesn't it? Hope you like walking :p
    • Up x 1
  17. Timeraider

Looks good except for 1 thing... more experience with high K/D? WHY god WHY would you let people focus even more on K/D in this teamgame? You want to reward going solo even more with people going for kills instead of working together? geeeezzz
  18. Ubardog

You guys are "still" in beta , you only dropped the Beta Tag so u could milk the money . I had really high hopes for this game ,but u keep on showing us that you have no "real long term" for this game and no care for your player (customer service shows this) . You just want your cash cow to live on so you pumping it with roids. SOE need to change it attitude or premature death of PS2 will happen.

Please don't get me wrong . You guys have made an excellent start at a game but the process is f-k-e-d and the way you treat your player is despicable. If you were making these changes with a Beta tag i would welcome them.

BUT your not in beta are you..........
  19. Beastman

Wasn't there a post on the last patch that you were buffing prowlers. (Along with a bunch of other things you said you were adding/fixing which in reality never got fixed or added.) Are you not doing that now? I'm sick of being powerless against this magrider spam. It is boringside more than anything else.
    • Up x 1
  20. ThePandaOfDoom

Player configurable colours for the minimap and overhead icons? I thank you on behalf of a lot of colourblind players! As it is, it's nearly impossible to see the difference between squadmember and enemy based on their colour.