Hacker is back and ruining battles on Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorinFoehammer, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Towie

Speed hack has been around like forever - in the game structures, there's a run speed multiplier (float) so it can be fine tuned to give a little or large boost. If you watch my previous video you will see speed hack on/off is an option.

For advertising their cheats the hack writers tend to use stupidly large values - and it does look stupid when you come across it, players literally moving double / triple / whatever speed. But they don't mind being caught - the sneakier folk would be much more subtle otherwise they will be recorded (happens a lot more these days) and probably banned. Just think how much better you could be with a 10% speed boost ? Or 10% larger heads on enemies ?

People think that DBG are blind to these cheats but they definitely are not and have tried, with various degrees of success, to sort them out. I got the impression from the last broadcast that they intend to have another attempt so I wait with baited breath (even though I feel they should have done this before such a major update and attracting so many 'new' players).

PS - I'm not saying X0NIQ uses this - never come across him myself - but just wanted to say that speed hack is definitely available.
    • Up x 2
  2. OlfenWolfSlayer

Yep, that's the thing. With that infil setup you're about 20% faster than the average character running and he was another 10% faster than us so he was clocking about 30% above average. That's enough to give you quite an advantage.

I'm with others though, I ran into him at a BioLab fight after an update and he was just average on the boards, nothing special at all, no walking into a room and killing 6-8 guys all at once, taking a full magazine from a shotgun at less tham 10m and still knifing you somehow, etc... Killed him a couple of times as well in one on one's in that fight which I'd never been able to do before, since I was normally dead before I could even fire. People started calling him out for the, for him, lousy gameplay, because he was just doing average in the battle and he never even responded just left the fight, lol.