Hacker is back and ruining battles on Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorinFoehammer, Dec 12, 2016.

1. JibbaJabba

Yep. I just wanted to show an example of what an actual cheater looks like. (might get my hand slapped for forums rules). Xoniq and Zyros? Yeah... not cheaters. Just really, really good. If you go look at their stats and killboards they'll have very high but not impossible headshot ratios. They'll have sessions in the 1-2 KPM range with spurts up to 3. They will have those zero and one second chained kills sometimes though. Not often, maybe a handful of times per session. There is a reason they run adrenaline shield and assimilate implants. Those chain kills give them the dopamine. :p
  2. Campagne

Unfortunately this is only what an obvious cheater's killboard looks like. Even then, only an obvious aimbotter's killboard.

Just because a player isn't headshoting everyone instantly through a wall from 200 meters away doesn't mean he couldn't be cheating.
    • Up x 1
  3. Wolfborne

I have fought against Xoniq, and I too have seen his "snappy/jerky" reflexes. I call ******** because I am on a $6k gaming rig with the 240 Hz Alienware 25" monitor, and I have Google Fiber. I can just about guarantee that I have one of the best gaming systems in PS2.

If the issue is "client side," then he should be behind my action/reaction time. He should miss me instead of landing insta-headshots every single time. I have seen him snap a 180 and land headshot after headshot in a fraction of a second. That is not skill, or client issue, or server lag; that is Aimbot, plain and simple. I know what Aimbot does, as I have been playing online games longer than many of you have been alive.

Are there really good, legit players? Yes. Do people get lucky? Yes. Are they god mode in every single encounter? No. There is NO WAY that someone has constant awareness around them 24/7, to the point that they can headshot you with a quick spin. That is a hack, and there's nothing that anyone can say that will convince me otherwise. That type of mechanic is beyond the scope of human ability.
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

Nice Humblebrag. :p

You don't seem to know how "client side" works.

My 2nd game console was an Atari 2600. My first was Pong. *I* can snap a 180 and triple dink on a lucky day so I'm afraid I can't just take your word for it that he's using an aimbot.

I'm not going to convince you otherwise. You cannot be convinced and you know it. There is nothing that can be said to you hackusators that will make you believe someone can actually be that good at the game.

You're just gonna have to live your life being bitter at DBG.

And don't try to posit that the opposite is true. That us defending Xoniq cannot be convinced. We can. I've seen some actual cheaters and even provided an example of one. If you give me evidence that he's cheating I'll accept it. So far in 10 pages of bullcrap nobody has.

I really think you all that think he is cheating need to actually go chat with him. Ask him for help getting gud. You won't be able to do it, but you'll learn enough while trying to realize he's the real deal.

Or keep being bitter.
    • Up x 1
  5. kassad

It's great to hear something new.. New Benny Hill epizodes. It's all good in PS2 universe.
    I agree with WinterAero. I think there something we don't know and it's not hacks, it's something that gives some people the edge over other players.
    You know when this happens.. It's like some H outfit members.
  6. JibbaJabba

Being a competitive player in other FPS and then logging 5000-10,000 hours in Planetside?
  7. Zavatun

I've come up against XONIQ many times, and usually get killed quickly,because his headshots beat my bodyshots. I've managed to kill him a few times, but haven't seen anything in his play to suggest that he is cheating. I haven't managed to talk to him either. I've tried to be friendly on a number of occassions, commenting and asking him questions, but he has never once responded, which, to a 61 year old gentleman like myself, seems rather rude. I guess he could be just too busy killing to answer.

BTW ... that GIF with Network ping 202ms ... I'm in the south of New Zealand. I'd give anything to have ping and latency that good !
  8. WinterAero

Do yourself a favor and save your breath. Its a f2p game, thats old and on life support if that. For years people have defended all sorts of shenanigans by players they have wanted to believe are 'legit'. With a few exceptions, none of them are. They are as suspicious as they seem. Whats hilarious is that the hypothetical 'proof' if you could call it that, was always there in the form of wrels long praised videos on how client/server response works.

When it listed who should have the advantage in an opening engagement; due to packet and lag - they would then make a caveat saying 'usually its true; but cant account for your bad rig or internet'. Which certainly is a convenient mask. Trouble for them was, that as the game dwindled in popularity - those most pushed out of the game on a daily real time (not forums) basis were new players who would be farmed. Leaving the remaining population to be fairly vet orientated. People with names like xxxxTR, xxxxVS and an alt of xxxxNC you know the drill.

Those so called 'pro' players that seem suspicious, always seemingly had a much easier time defeating cheaters...'without the cheats'; if you can believe it, that was what some morons actually claimed lol! That people like elusive could fire faster than aimbots, regardless of log in time/fatigue, because of just being 'amazing and here since beta'. If you understand coding; and what the cheats in this game are actually capable of and had been shown that? You would laugh as loud as we all did on teamspeak before we left.

Back in planet reality, its the same thing Mattiace and Choon said on leaving. A huge swathe of people are doing it. And doing it constantly. If you think Xoniq can react faster than an entire room of people, ones who likely aren't completely new to the game either; when as said ordinarily people left now have been playing a few years themselves and generally would have little issue taking down 'average-good' players alone, without being too much of a farm target - then you are deluded.

Its a hilarious subversion tactic to claim that with the short time to kill on some weapons, that everyone in the room suddenly suffered from a bad bout of 'needs to get good' just because Xoniq turned up haha. But really. It just proves how ******* stupid most of you are. You need an education in common sense. Not a computer game. Try one.
    • Up x 2
  9. The Grand Crusader

Just wanted to add my thoughts and opinion on X0NIQ. I've been playing this game since open beta and logged 1500+ hours atleast into this game and have played many other fps games like CSGO, COD, Battlefield, etc over my 20+ years of online gaming. I've played with/against him dozens of times over the years and lost count how many times he's killed me. I'm also an above average player with a k/d of 2.25. Mostly play infantry and only a handful of times have I killed him. After the DX11 update I remember being able to kill him easily. Not once or twice, but several times over like he was new to the game or something. I heard afterwards that lots of players were playing poorly after that update for several weeks or months. Since the game became encrypted with the DX11 update. Eventually I heard the cheaters cracked it and began posting cheats again online. So to everyone defending toxic players who ruin others experiences with their cheats/scripts or whatever, there's your "proof" right there. He was horrible at the game for several weeks like I said and others confirmed that too. The fact that so many people defended him in this forum without even knowing him IRL or seeing his setup IRL is baffling to me. That's like if I went to the gym and saw some huge bulked up guy who looked like they were on something, do you honestly think they would tell you the truth or you would see them injecting the juice into their butts in the locker room? Hell no, they would do everything possible to keep a secret. Especially if they are a "pro" bodybuilder or something. It's the same concept in online fps games.

I also want to point out that I've watched several of his videos on YouTube and can't quite figure out what he's using for sure. Sometimes it looks like his aim is almost perfect with very little if not any visual recoil. Then other times he seems to know where everybody is even if they are not spotted or making sound. So my guess is he has some type of aim assist whether through macros or cheats with possibly a spotting cheat that highlights players on his screen that can be hidden from videos. I will give him some credit where its due. He is good at making it not so obvious all the time but in spurts. Doesn't do anything to obvious to raise red flags from everybody around him and somehow still evades BE. Which by the way is a whole different story to talk about.
    • Up x 1
  10. Towie

Prossibly an auto-shoot (ie. shoot when the dorito is aligned) - you can actually do this very easily with Autohotkey but the code would have to be hidden or injected as BE blocks AHK. ESP on/off is another favorite hack.

If you want to get an idea for what is actually possible for cheating in PS2, take a look at this video from a few weeks ago:

At the beginning of the video you'll see Microsoft MSRT detecting 'something' - there's a hint at how they are injecting their hack.

There is another video on reddit where he is 'flying' a Sunderer around and around - killing everything below. Quite funny in a way.

Not sure how many times i've said this but i'll say it again - PS2 is infested with cheaters. Glad that DBG (RPG) have spent such a lot of time on the new update but I fear that most will return and think - same old same old in terms of cheating. They have said that they are working on this - can't wait to see the results frankly.

The thing that I really (REALLY) don't understand is those who want to cheat. I was playing VS a few weeks ago, winning an alert on an evenly populated continent, and neither TR nor NC would engage. Like - do whatever you want, we won't come near.
    Know what ? It was dull as dishwater. We won but boy was it hollow - no competition, no near base wins (or losses), just boring in the extreme.
    Who would want to play a game where there is no 'competition' as such ? Strange strange people if you ask me...guess they are seriously lacking in the real world and need something.
  11. Praetor411

lmao.
    x0niqtr is a well known player. he's been playing for ******* ages, and is just good.

you got rekt nerd.
  12. Praetor411

also all this stupid **** you're trying to talk about with an air of authority as if you know anything at all is adorable.
    battleye does not 'detect' autohotkey. autohotkey is used for simulating keypresses and input, and for making macros. it's why vac doesn't affect it at all either.

or well, that's not entirely true:

autohotkey can be used to make an esp, but you'd have to be very stupid to do that. you would be better off just going and writing it in something that makes it easier. autohotkey can also be used to inject dlls and write to the memory, but doing it in autohotkey would be the same as doing it in c++, since they both rely on the same functions from the win32 api.

battleye would be searching for anything doing something screwy with the memory like that. it doesn't matter what it's written in. you can write it in python even.

i think it does depend on the game using battleye though, as rainbow six siege uses it and i know that they blacklisted it, so maybe autohotkey is banned by dbg. but that still does not mean anything at all.

no, you're just bad. it's ok.

>I'm also an above average player with a k/d of 2.25.
    lol

what

i'm very glad you at the very least had enough self-awareness to put 'proof' in quotations, because you gave absolutely none in your post.
    • Up x 1
  13. The Grand Crusader

Did you even read my entire post? I thought I clearly explained what I said in detail. I guess you either didn't read the whole thing or you are trolling....can't tell which.
  14. The Grand Crusader

Sounds like something a 16 year old "kid" would say. If you are even being serious of course and not attempting to troll.
  15. Praetor411

I tried not to.
    Troll, troll, troll.
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but no - people who disagree with you are not trolling.

Also why are you putting quotation marks around words like that? It's really jarring.
  16. The Grand Crusader

Just briefly looking at your profile tells me you are trolling. Nothing more to say to you since you have nothing intelligent to say about the topic at hand. Gotta work on your trolling better next time.
  17. Praetor411

You are really special.
  18. SikVvVidiT

I don't think he is legit.. I just don't.. Seen a lot of people play this game.. Some really great ones and then some guys you just had a hunch about... His movements are way to quick, like inhuman quick.. Add that to the fact that he just seems to always know where you're at at all times...And hardly ever misses head shots...

We had some guys in PS1 that were hacking for years, went by the tag SG... They finally got caught using a program called speed step, but like I said took these silly developers years to catch them...

On a side not I went to try to check him out around the time the patch dropped, just o see if he played that day. But for some reason none of the player stats are loading up... I never cheated but it just seems to me that you have to redo something to your hacks when a game is patched...Right?
  19. IVANPIDORVAN

What did you expect from guy who had 130k+ kills just on his betelgeuse?

20. OlfenWolfSlayer

Xoniq speed steps the game somehow. We've tried running behind him to catch him and it's not possible, he just outruns you. We followed him a couple of times during a battle to try and catch him. He was a heavy, with battle hardened 5 and assimilate 5 implants, and we were infils with athlete 5 and deep operative 5 running with adrenaline pump since we were out knifing people and he just flat out left us behind. He was a good 10-15% faster than us and there's no way a heavy with those implants can just outrun that infil setup over open ground.