GU11 Ends Lattice Standoffs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Hoek

Haha! My experience is pretty similar to your video, but the armies are not marching towards each other.

I just got super bored in Indar watching us (NC) capturing unprotected TR Dahaka Amp Station and TR capturing our Helios Solar, inc outpost with equal sized army. The distance between the armies was less than 1.5 km, which makes this so sad and frustrating.

SOE has to come up fast with something better than what PS2 is right now. I think the only option they should consider is the full PS1 style lattice where outposts are excluded. The current hex-lattice is a failure. The faster SOE realizes this the better it will be for the game.
    • Up x 1
  2. Major

I like the Lattice resource line, and hex territory hybrid idea thats been presented, adds more depth and strats.
  3. NccWarp9

How much does your tank cost ? Ran out of resources lately?
    Shut up, it makes you not look so stupid.
  4. Vanus Aran

Right? But hey who cares about the TRUE FEELING of it?
    SOE seems so desperate to force really so artifical feeling "big battles" into the game, that they are about to destroy everything that makes the game a charming experience.
    " ... bis es keiner mehr spielt. " " ... until no one plays it anymore. " - is what my the guys are saying that im sometimes in teamspeak with.

Lattice is a failure. And now the crying is going even further. Now its not the "Hexsystem" at fault but the "Lattice-Hex-Hybrid" that we currently have to deal with. Hahahahaha - they really try everything else to excuse and evade the true "problem" we got at hand.
    As if there "is" an Hybrid! There IS NOT!
    There may still be Hexes in the game but they got no influence anymore, only the lattice-tunnels got the influence. So blaming on what little grafical ruins are left, is clearly a bad bluff.

In the end they can struggle and scream all the want. Finally it will be " The players had been at fault. "
    Oh yeah? You mean the players that left the game because they felt too much coerced to buy Stationcash in order to have all the cool outfits that you couldnt play free over time?
    ( I still think that idea is bad as hell. Whenever someone shots me without me having an idea why, I dont think that was a simple teamkill but he shot me for having optical cosmetics "cheated" through money. )

So the players are at fault. The one's who leave the game. The one's who hate. The one's who despise.
    The one's who especially left the game after understanding what lattice was trying to do.
    Well - yes and no! What did SOE or Lattice-followers thought would happen?!
    That they simply give up when people who can do stuff, decide to do something they cant come to like?

" You entertain the community or you lose it. " As easy as that. Even Caeser knew that already.
    All the problems arised with people being to stupid to understand that people dont WANT this game to be a single, neverending Zergfestival in which even groups of 12 to 48 people are having NO influence over anything.

I got an idea why. I too wouldnt give an enemy zerg the satisfaction of conquering a base with an enjoyable battle after obviously being not strong enough to defend it in the first place.
    You cannot really truly calculate the strenght of an Zerg. You cant. Maybe you can be close to the true result but you could as well over- or underestimate the true result as far as possible.

But you can be sure that in most cases: If a Zerg was not able to push back another Zerg, those people who had meet in the outback between two bases, dont need to waste their time in trying to defend against an attackforce, that they couldnt stop already and would only "entertain" them by giving them an battle over an hex that they would obviously take anyway.
    I too wouldnt want to do it !!!

Yes its true and we all just play PS2 to have fun. We want to have joyful gameplay.
    Even so we want to kill the hostile players with all our hatred and malice ^_^
    we appreciate the other players existence, for it no other players would play on the opposing sides, the game wouldnt work.
    But this truth is getting weaker with every day and never ever anywhere before, I have seen this fact kicked out of power as in PS2 with the Lattice-change. I played games before with people so full of hatred and rage that they ragequitted nearly every game.
    Being able to truly end games normally, was a case from 3 out of 20 or something.

But this feelings are strenghtened if you get the feeling that the players on the other side dont deserve your participation anyway. Not only do they want to nourish their fun, but they would even want to do that by STEALING all the fun from you and denying your will and rights to the maximum.
    And sorry but... everyone thinking the players got nothing to say is a noob as gamer and developer.
    Games that need big communitys are in need of players and nothing else.
    To chase them away cause they dont like the artifical taste of the game is pure stupidy.

Im doing it too. When I get the feeling that there is an unstoppable zerg about to rush through a corner of the continent and there are not, or not enough "Lattice tunnels" to escape through and to avoid the Zerg with, im simply abandoning the whole continent if I have to!
    AND I LOVE IT. The thought of getting my revenge on the unstoppable side on the other end by having them to endure every capturetimer to the fullest, with the least amount of "distraction" from this torture in front of a little, futile resistance, is just the best.
    What? I couldnt stop you? Take this! Take this punishment in form of totally no resistance at all.

BEFORE lattice came, I enjoyed engaging even the most hopeless situations.
    Just for the kills or to slow down the enemy zerg for a couple of seconds or even a minute.
    But now the battle has no meaning anymore. This "charade", this stage performance, this selfbetrayal that is trying to get me to feel this is a real war...
    ... it just tastes like cold coffee and even worse. Cold instantcoffee.

I know that behind the frontlines there are likely no people, not even a single one.
    I know there should be Gens to sabotage, Shields to disable, bases to weaken completely.
    There should be weakpoints that TRULY make a huuuuuuuuge difference if used wisely or with good timing.
    Why cant I use them? Why must I be punished for being smart?

Of course the answer is obvious. Because people want to deny me my fun in order to rise their own.
    The echo is a dry one. I will get them back in other ways. I wont do as they expect. I wont confront zergs.
    Even if whole continents fall, I wont. Even if I have to abandon whole daytimes...
    ... if people dont respect me, I wont respect them as well.
    • Up x 2
  5. Makora

450. With Continent benedit 405. Yeah that 45 points REALLY make a difference huh. Get real. As I said, 5.95 instead of 5.99.
  6. NccWarp9

According to your stats you have not logged in for more than a month. Last kill was on May 12.

I cant even comprehend the level of .......

Please stop
  7. Makora

8. NccWarp9

9. Makora

soooo, you mean this page? https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428031585351802769 I think it tells the exact same story my now updated sig tells. I am actively playing. What of it?
  10. Eugenitor

This, so much. The role of pure spite cannot be underestimated in any multiplayer game. Ragequitting is overrated; all the cool kids are rageplaying these days. Or ragecheating. If this game's target audience isn't having fun, they'll make sure that no one else is having fun either.
  11. Vanus Aran

HAHAHAHAHA - yes. Cant deny that.

I think it was around 1 month or so, when the last real annoying cheater harassed us.
    An NC-guy, with no collision-box or something regarding grounds and walls and 1-sec cooldown on the AV-turret of the Engineer.
    I tell you he was annoying. But I couldnt hate him. I think cheaters are cool, in some way.

Who knows what SOE did that pissed him off? xD
    But I agree and rageplaying is just nothing else as justice.
    They arent Griefplayers either. Griefplayers are creating whole characters on the empires side the want to annoy!
    And they are not intersted in building a highlevel character at all...!

But I love the certpoint-hunt and times when there is not a hostile Overzerg rushing through the continent.
    Im not a griefplayer for resisting the absurd. Why should I participate in something that is no fun for me anyway?

More and more im noticing how idiotic most so called reasons are that support lattice.
    Under the name of "Ghostcapping" you can name most of them.
    But there must always be an opposite to anything! Whats the opposite? Zergcapping - of course.
    Im not a Zergcapper. At least not without alternatives.
    And thats what lattice is all about: "Having no alternative".

Im so frustrated to see what Miller has become. I truly think that lattice turned the situation on Miller into the crap that it is now.
    After like 3 days to 2 weeks, an awful lot of people playing on Miller simply vanished.
    Im glad cause now that means even in lattice-times there are still places that are not attacked or defended by a whole Zerg, but it still is annoying as hell that you have to follow something irrational as lattice-tunnels!
    AMUSINGLY and ironically, the players who not have seem to stopped playing the most are the TR-players.
    The TR factionists. The factionists of the empire that is most nothing but an emotionless, thoughtless horde of orders-followers who's greatest joy it seems to be to OBEY no matter what. No matter what!!!
    People with no will... who can adapt to nearly anthing due to their lack of dreams and passions. :D
    The perfect soldiers... may~be. But saying that Vanu-followers are not human anymore. ^_^

And it will simply never stop. The artifical taste of lattice.
    You cant justify it with anything. I noticed even myself that lattice is following "geographical" rules actually!
    Meaning it would actually make sense! "Would" -> if every empire would only travel by ground.
    But they DONT !!!! :cool:

Or is this another way of saying that Airvehicles are really not supposed to being in the game after all?
    Airvehicles take no capturepoints. Their support is truly between bases mostly. Most capturepoints seem to be in buildings always.
    And now, as lattice suggests, the empires cannot move any other way as by ground.
    Or at least the amount of people that really is actually serving a purpose.

Lattice actually weakened one vehicle more as all others. The Galaxy!
    Because it transported many people by air. Meaning "many people" - specially in many Galaxys - could attack nearly ANYWHERE at the fronts. But now that is not true anymore!
    Lattice gave another huge blow to the overall attractiveness of the Galaxy. As if it wasnt bad enough already!

I keep staying with it. I keep saying it.
    L.A.T.T.I.C.E

Lol
    All
    Tactics
    Turned
    Into
    Crappy
    Efforts

Lattice is not gamebreaking, but funbreaking.
    And people will avenge themself. Forever.