GU09 Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, May 22, 2013.

1. siiix

a few things i like , most i dont

few things where funny:
    "Stopped a jump pad at the Allatum Bio Lab from launching you into a tree"
  2. WTSherman

As someone who mostly plays NC engineer, I hope that NC MAXes realize that they can use the shield when they're in trouble to back away and let me repair them. ;) I imagine dual-burster lockdown MAXes will pretty much make TR the king of AA though. On the bright side, if they can't move maybe it will be easier for a gunship to Zephyr/Dalton them?

Requiring adjacency to detonate generators is definitely an improvement, though I'm worried that the SCU change has now made spawn camping pretty much mandatory. With the exception of the tech plant, most SCUs and their generators were in defensible enough positions that if they went down, the base was pretty much overrun anyway. All this does is encourage camping the spawn room until the base is 75% capped, and will make amp stations an absolute pain to take because the spawn room has tunnels that go out all around the base.
  3. LibertyRevolution

• Added “Ultra” quality settings
    Ultra setting confirms that the only ultra settings is textures.. like I have been telling people for 6 months now.
  4. Kenny007

Kind of disappointed I didn't see a fix for my spawn beacon issue. Haven't been able to spawn on a spawn beacon for at least a week; every time I click it I'm told '2 minutes'. If I watch it count down 20 seconds, click away, and click back again, 2 minutes again.
  5. Cruci

I just saw they are adding the new helmets in about 2 days, the sad thing is, they are the retracted ones and not the closed ones T_T
  6. Klatschnudel

I wanna see what you see in a month or two when you realize what the game is about atm.

Don't think about capping strategies only.
    Think about actual combat tactics. You can plan defenses, attacks and supply line cutting(not really right now but later) plus flanking.
    Oh, why did capping strategy get worse?

Atm the game is loosing solo and small outfit players. Something needs changes or the new player river cuts off in the future leaving the hardcore players behind. Give them fun.

Btw, I'm having more fun in adapting to new situations instead of hanging onto old ideals. Hex system gives rarely competition in form of zerg punishing and platoon combat.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

Seems like raven and fracture got a minimum range damage thing now. Fracture kills with 4 shots at close range, 3 further away. Raven kills with 3 at close range, 2 further away. Falcon projectile is still as shjtty as at GU07.

Nerfing C85 by reducing pellet count made no sense. Nerfing damage made some sense since it had the same damage as basilisk, but going from 250 to 150 is too much. How about 200? Btw the new look has a blue circle on it and is more boxxy. The new ML65 Enforcer looks ugly and drop seems increased.
  8. Rown

A bit late perhaps, but here's what I think it means.

Suppose a weapon with 3 seconds reload. You shoot, hit R and for 3 seconds it performs the reload animation. Once it's complete, the weapon is reloaded. If you do something that interrupts the reloading animation, the weapon isn't reloaded. So far so good.

The change introduces another factor. Suppose this gun we're talking about has a “reloading threshold” of 2.8 seconds. If you hit reload, the weapon will still reload for 3 seconds before it's ready again. However, it you interrupt the reload animation after the threshold mark (swinging your knife, for example) when you return to your gun the weapon will be reloaded, even if you didn't spend the full 3 seconds reloading the thing.
  9. Figment

Those jumppads have a will of their own. Though I think the tree was in on the conspiracy.
  10. JudgeDeath

Gz TR ... Undisputed patch winner and the ruling champion ^^

Poor VS dropped from the majors and has to fight for a spot in the farm league.
  11. Hagestol

Its a team game. Imagine

a) Max rounds the corner, sees your squad. Instead of dying, he shields up and goes back unharmed
    b) 2-3 Max uses shield to round corner. Instead of dying to C4, they absorb most of it and start their spree
    c) Max is almost dead. Faces you, shields up and backtracks towards the line. Following it will probably mean a suicide run.
    d) Heavy takes up his rocket launcher. Equip shield, absorb damage and shotgun him.
    e) See a tank. Same as above, then escape.

Thats just from the top of my mind. Killing decent NC max will be almost impossible now. Killing VS max will be easier and they won't deal any extra noticable damage, but be glowing so you can see them easier instead.

The shield is fantastic, especially for survival of close range maxes. ZOE is only useful for Comets, IF you have superior numbers and incompetent enemies (competent enemies will simply throw a grenade and kill you).
  12. MorganM

Crown Capture Points relocated.
    Should be cool but we'll see...

SCU Shields functionality changes
    Wait...what? I guess we'll see how this works out...

Instant Action update.
    Cool! Glad to see this.

Added sensitivity slider for aiming down sights.
    Sounds rad; looking forward to playing with this. I'd like more sensitivity here.

Empire Specific Weapons are now available for the Harasser
    Lumifiber Trim now available for MBTs
    Kill Count Vehicle Decal
    Lowered several infantry weapon prices and adjusted some MBT, Sunderer, and Harasser weapon prices
    Sweet!

New TR MAX Ability: Lockdown
    Not a big fan of being locked down (read: sitting duck) HOpefully the benefits out weigh the negatives.

Buffed spot bonus xp
    Bout time; it was almost worthless. Then again it's almost effort less too =)

Concussion grenade changes
    Flash Grenade Changes
    Overall good but wish I had used them more before they got nerfed =P

A new collision type has been added around the wheels of the Harasser
    Thought it was kinda OP they could go anywhere a flash could but it was fun =)

Did some tuning on the Flash to make it handle a bit tighter like the Harasser.
    Remote viewed vehicles (this includes vehicles you are manning a turret for) should no longer wobble excessively
    FINALLY!!!111ONEONEONE It better be noticably more awesome!

Self indicator used in the rotating minimap is now more transparent
    Decreased the glow on the assets for better readability
    Squad and platoon indicators are now smaller and more transparent
    Indicator sorting reconfigured to always show enemies as the top layer
    Now able to set waypoints via the minimap by right-clicking it
    Expanded minimap ([H] by default) now shows compass
    Map Changes...
    Awesome!!!

Generators can no longer be overloaded without having proper territory adjacency
    AAWWWWWwwww.... there goes my lone wolf XP farm =P Although now I can go back to beign a proper engineer. I had all but given up on reparing facilities because 10 sec later everything was blown up again.
    • Up x 1
  13. Crowne

So far I really like Update 09!

The lattice system on Indar gives a lot more potential for ambushes! I like that a lot. I really think many of the changes are totally awesome. Big ole thumbs up! The devs are brilliant coding jocks who deserve nothing but the best Colombian coffee grounds with cupcakes made of ... well, something awesome that cupcakes would be made of.

Primary problem for me, though, remains the same.

It does nothing for the completely and insanely idiotic population imbalance of mindless zombie zerg mooing their way to steamrolling sadness.
    Guess I'll check out an alert on Indar to see if that makes any difference, but my goodness people who love that style of play can really kill the game for the rest of us who actually want to play Planetside 2 in a way that actually showcases all the things that are awesome about Planetside 2.

moooo.
  14. Scientiarum

No they seem bad to me. Might need more testing but seems like a straight nerf so far in actual game play.
  15. haldolium

Ok so far one of the worst updates.

******* half-*** unfinished Lattice system ruined the only continent with "good" gameplay.
    Nothing done for or against countless problems and bugs.
    Content /care

Thankfully I didn't buy the Saron before... would be even worse.

Guess I'll play more TROLOLOL TR...
  16. Badname0192

....Bugs..see..a lot of bugs..
  17. redsevenski

Generally I like the update (especially as it seems recon dart spotting XP was left in but not included on patch notes). There seems to be a stability issue with Woodman, as the server seems to keep disconnecting at the moment which is a bit of a worry to say the least.

However the funniest thing to happen so far was when I redeployed to Indar. Instead of spawning at the warp gate I appeared at the Impact Site, out in the open with about 10-12 other players from all 3 factions. There was an immediate shoot out/last man standing affair from which 2 of us TR managed to walk away from. Hilarious, but not quite what I think instant action is meant to be!
  18. Grumpy24thMAU

Dropping behind enemy lines and gaining an advantage or making them recommit forces else where is "actual combat tactics".

I'm not thinking of capping. Most of the time we don't stick around long enough to get certs or resources. We hit it and move,leaving the enemy to guess where we'll show up next. While we are still there,or after we've gone,they send troops to either fight us off or recap what we did.

That gives those where the troops were moved from a chance to gain a foot hold. Again,"actual combat tactics".

Taking away that ability by basically telling us where we have to go and fight is ridiculous. Don't think outside the box is pretty much what I get from it.

As for losing players they can blame that on themselves for being more worried about the almighty dollar than the players.

This won't be the first game I've left because the company running it let the hackers take over.
    • Up x 1
  19. Keyframe

Amazing update. Love all the changes. Thanks SOE.

One thing we need fast is the promised "not being able to shoot outside from spawn room doors" and the spawn room shields going down. Right now the biolabs are hilariously easy to defend and next to impossible to capture.
  20. r1stormrider

So basically tactics and strategy with the hex only promoted ghost capping bases with a squad while trying to avoid the enemy. This in turn causes other players to spend their ingame time chasing an elusive squad with a firefight of notable size and fun happening entirely by chance. Im glad this "tactical" gameplay has been changed. So now strategy with the lattice will actually involve combat? Works for me!