GU09 Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, May 22, 2013.

1. Zcuron

I hate cone of fire, can't they just increase the damage falloff heavily if you "rapid-fire" the Saron?
    "doesn't give the capacitors time to charge"

Or here's a radical idea, how about something the user can compensate for - recoil?

In any case, the previous Saron DPS was 461.5 (1500/3.25 | 3s reload, 0.25s fire delay)
    Now it's 463.6 at range. (2550/5.5 | 2.5 seconds to fire 6 shots accurately, 3 second reload)
    And 637.5 "close". (2550/4 | 1 second to fire 6 shots, 3 second reload)

Pros;
    • Easier to hit with. (+proj. speed)
    • Will feel better to use. (-fire delay)
    • More damage up close? (should Magriders be "up close?")
    • <other>
    Cons;
    • Element of surprise gone, can't "burst" at range.
    • Now requires very consistent aiming to deal the same amount of DPS.
    • No longer able to reliably kill infantry with it.
    • <other>
    All in all, I would consider this a nerf, even up close. (up close problems: infantry)
  2. Novmiech

Charlie squad - still purple.
    Squad colors - still un-customizible.

Really guys? Don't want to let us change it? Ok fine - can we just please not have squads that are blue/red/purple? Please???
  3. haldolium

On one hand, yes. Though I am not very happy of treating the players as beta-testers all day long. That is essentially wrong. Especially given that they now have the actual test server out in the open (please don't argue with the "F2P" ****. It's a business model that depends on a certain amount of people who DO pay. Otherwise it doesn't work at all)

The speed thats currently going on, we do not see a 1.0 version of PS2 before mid-2014... and that is just disappointing.

Well, anyways. Most changes look good. Bugfixes seem to merely cover the most important stuff though... well, let's see when the update actually hits my HDD.
  4. Lolki

I assume the point of the Saran/Enforcer changes was to make them more similar to the Vulcan. Both of them got a considerable DPS increase in exchange for range, so I assume that they'll be able to compete with the Vulcan up close.

I'm not sure that rushing the enemy with a saran will be a viable tactic though, I guess we'll see.
  5. Talshere

I dont really like how the NC MAX ability is strictly better, the TR MAX ability is pretty much strictly better (cos even moving your not guna fail to hit a max, they're not exactly fast) yet the VS MAX ability is not only a massive trade off, it undermines the point of a MAX. Im sure the higher damage will be nice but the whole point of a MAX is that it can soak damage, especially with a tank scale timer on it.
  6. sindz

Magrider saron just became garbage. You will get pulverized if you go toe to toe with other MBT's. Sigh.

Also wait, no fury nerf in this patch?
  7. Being@RT

Well, lattice is special. Because there weren't enough people (or necessarily the right kind/mentality) on test server to properly test it, it has to be tested live instead.

Better quality testing on live, but higher risk of pissing people off too.
  8. treeHamster

It's only 1 less bullet at the maximum rank. However, your armor debuff is the same across all ranks. So in reality, it's not even "balanced" with itself unless you start out with the top rank which is like 2400 certs.
  9. DrStrangeLug

Fantastic ! With the "you magriders can all sit back and snipe" argument gone we should get a massive armor buff in GU10.
  10. Pella

Best part of the patch.

Other Changes
    • Now able to set waypoints via the minimap by right-clicking it
    • A sound now plays when you receive a tell
    • Expanded minimap ([H] by default) now shows compass
    • Warpgate spawn points no longer have any cooldown
    • Added “Ultra” quality settings
    • Up x 1
  11. sindz

Thats true.
  12. PhilDun

What's the ZOE damage increase on max level? (I know it's one bullet for infantry, but what's the % increase. I'm trying to figure out how it will affect AV weaopons).
    • Up x 1
  13. Talshere

I have to say its something of a mute point to me anyway. Ever since they nerfed dual comet VS MAX's are just underwhelming as hell to play. The Quazar is still complete balls and the ammo and blast radius reduction have made the comet basically unusable. I only ever use MAX's these days as dual buster when I cant get a skyguard out.
  14. loleator

1º You can't balance a game around prices. Suppose everyone has acces to everything is the right way or else those who make this would be blatanly overpowered "but there will be a few of these" lol....
    2º It isn't supposed to be balanced with itself. If you're using it right at the right moments it won't even have a tradeoff since you wont use it when taking damage. The speed and damage buffs are worth since rank 1.
  15. Caserion

They did test it on the test server, but so many people had conflicted opinions and weren't sure if it would work in a operational server. That's why they add it on one map, Indar, and see what the community chooses. Everyone likes the changes on Indar, esamir and Amerish get it too. People don't like them, the lattice system will be canceled or postponed.
  16. PhilDun

And no Striker nerfs. That's surprising.

With Striker + the new Deploy-Max, it might be time to make TR my primary (I fly ESFs).
    • Up x 1
  17. KlyptoK

I feel like giving the middle finger and saying F**K you to whoever wanted the Enforcer to be "different"... but I guess we needed a nerf.

This is only based on reading the description, I'll test it out for a couple of hours then come back with what I think.
  18. Caserion

First time TR weapons do not get nerfed... for now...
  19. sindz

What? Fury is not TR
  20. haldolium

That just your opinion or did anyone officially said so? I know the conflicted opinions from what I've read here in the forums only, though thats always the case with any changes. Some like it, some don't...