GU09 Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, May 22, 2013.

1. Captain Kid

It doesn't say that in the patch notes though.
  2. The King

I know why it was changed. I'm replying to someone else.. He wanted it changed. I said I hope it does since it's OP and I don't wan to face it.
    We'll see how it'll be on a harasser in a few hours. I really don't want it melting my harasser.
  3. Being@RT

Well, that's to be expected by now to be quite honest.

Although now I'm not entirely sure which to bet on:
    1) patchnotes being incomplete/undetailed as usual or
    2) them making a last minute change that nobody got to test

Both are pretty stupid, so they're both possible for SOE.

edit: to be fair, they seem to have a bit more actual numbers in the notes lately. keep on improving.
  4. redsevenski

I thought that was dealt with in a hot fix. I've been in the VR a couple of times this week and none of my laodouts have had issues, as far as I could tell.
    • Up x 2
  5. haldolium

Huh. I assumed they add the Lattice to all three continents with the update...

Disappointing.
  6. loleator

"Generators can no longer be overloaded without having proper territory adjacency"

FINALLY!!
    • Up x 2
  7. SClaw

Oh crap I missed that! That's great. I hate all that pointless ghost blowing. It's not worth the xp... no idea why they do it.
  8. YamiNoTenshi

Where's your faction loyalty?
  9. Bindlestiff

I don't think anyone can dispute it's a DPS buff for close quarters, but that isn't where the magriders strength is. Now we have to go toe-to-toe with MBTs with better armour, whereas previously the mag could employ ambush tactics by softening up the enemy armour (considerably) before then deciding to engage at close quarters to finish off.

Obviously will have to see how it plays out, it may turn out to be a great change but I feel its forcing the hand of every magrider and limiting the choice of engagement.
  10. buff as hell irl

Worse comes to worst, the Halberd still exists and is still almost indistinguishable from the old Saron.
  11. Torok

you assumed wrong, devs stated many times already that it was only indar at start, also you can check the roadmap for the other continents, Esamir in June, and Amerish in July, that's too late imho and it won't be like that i hope
  12. PS2Freak

if i want to play defensive then i play chess, and if i play Fps i want to play offensive. and with offensive abilities.
  13. buff as hell irl

Amerish barely needs lattice anyway, the terrain does a good job of funneling people already.
  14. Disparu

If I was the subject of ghost blowing I'd probably call an exorcist. After it was all over anyway...
    • Up x 2
  15. Rift23

Well, yeah, what were they going to say otherwise? "Population's dropping like a rock so we're going to shovel the rest of you down these zerg highways to hide it. Enjoy choosing between being perpetually wargated or long-*** ques!"
  16. YamiNoTenshi

So it's a teamplay problem.
  17. haldolium

Well given the information politics of the developers it's easy to miss pretty much any information as long as fellow PS2 players do not repost them around here... I ****** hate it. Roadmap forum design is horrible too.

Thanks for the heads up though, wasn't aware of any time announcements for the other two continents, only that Hossin was pushed back to August or September even
    • Up x 1
  18. KodiakBlack

Don't know why this was at the bottom, they should have headlined with this.
  19. Radec594

Who gives a damn about stats, new ES Secondaries models! That's just awesome :)
  20. YamiNoTenshi

I see postponing the lattice for Esamir and Amerish as a good thing, we can get it properly tested with large number of players on Indar to make sure it's working as expected while we have the other continents to play on with the older system if we don't like it.