GU08 - What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, May 1, 2013.

1. Stew360

You basically ignore anything but your own calculation of those numbers ;)

I have test out all those weapons on the test servers the NC weapons as 8 shot magazine on the test servers they reduce it to 5 , with 8 shot magazine with dual arms i was able to kill a prowler roughtly 18 secs and with the vs one 22 secs

You ignore the fact that the nc one are slow and (( guided )) so you cant strafe or moove while shotting those , with the vs its another story

VS one as insane accuracy and are as anything that is VS easymodes to use , you have absolutly NO learning curve atached to it You hold charge up and shoot on the target as easy as that

my point is that balance isnt just in DPS numbers but also in tons of others factor so just from numbers you cant say this or that weapons will have this or that effect

Combat efficiency , and raw stats are 2 thing
    • Up x 1
  2. Stew360

LOL ok joe this was just to show you the effect of the weapons let me go back in the test servers and find the longuest range in the VR training for ya lol
  3. Thentar

While you are at it ...strafe. Do the exact same test with the TR and NC maxes as you do with the VS. Record it then show us how GREAT the VS is compared to the NC and TR.
    • Up x 1
  4. siiix

you will CRY the old system back once the lattice system is out :( its disapointing
    • Up x 1
  5. Thentar

I also notice your clip shows you taking 12 seconds to kill a prowler that was already at 20% health and you didn't include the charge up time for that first shot...wow..that is INSANE!!!! That means it would only take you about a minute to kill the Prowler normally!
    • Up x 1
  6. Tanelorn

Thank you for the COLORBLIND LOVE! Finally adjustable colors for most of the minimap and main mapI!!!
    • Up x 2
  7. Stew360

IAM back with an almigthy Video that show How a no brainer it is to kill with this thing at insane range and how its a pin point accuracy device its an 100 % pin point accuracy opnly while mooving or jumping you could get accuracy penalty lol and even its easy to compensate

Time was actually around 20 to 22 sec charge up
    NC was 18 with the 8 shot magazine now it go down to 5 so yeah
  8. Thentar

This paragraph is wrong...sorry folks. Seems the charge up is only for 3 shots not 12 so that 3 shot charge does a whopping 255dmg in 1 second. So now the TR and NC actually get more dmg by their first shot then the VS do :/ So there goes any benefit from surprise.
    • Up x 2
  9. Thentar

And I notice when you where not crouched (not hip firing) and moving your accuracy suffered a fair bit.
    • Up x 1
  10. DonC

Oh yeah?

When is this coming?

[IMG]

Speed that up, I need my title of admiral ASAP.
  11. The King

lol, who are you typing to, I must have him ignored for useless posts.

Anyways, yeah while I was testing, it wasn't ideal to charge.
    The only reason to charge was to get a surprise of a quick 3 ammo shot(that took awhile to charge up). Then finish off with normal shots.
    I don't think they changed it where it uses all 12 ammo. Since 3 shots = 1 full charge
    But then again, they may have changed it.
    They probably lowered the damage too and increased the damage drop.

I was close to the vehicle while testing and it didn't seem to bad.
    But compare it to other MAXes, it's just not that great, IMO..
    Not worth 1000 certs.

I don't know what you're talking about.
    Harassers faster than an after burning liberator?
    I don't even have speed racers on mine and I go 2x faster than the harasser using the after burners.
    Without it, I go 2x as fast as the harassers when they do not use their aferburners.
  12. Stew360

HAHAHA man do you really want me to do another video ? because i kinda think that you migth start trolling me ...

I said it as 100 % perfect accuracy at Draw distance range crouch or not mean nothing ive been crouch to allow you to see better angle on the tiny target at the other side if anyone could give me a galaxy ride in the test server ill do it for the other side of the map

just try to do the same with the NC one

and the ending was not serious it was blind fire like a idiots to show how accurate it is even while mooving and not controling your shot at all
  13. Thentar

Your missing the point...I'm not saying the thing can't hit anything. I'm saying the damage output compared to the other 2 is crap and everyone that has tested it has pointed out that the DPS is less given the same conditions. I'll do some testing after work and my classes tonight and show all the videos.
    • Up x 2
  14. XRIST0

Cant wait to blow up these buggy's with rocket pods lol
  15. FlowerPot

No Hossin....
  16. AaronJaX

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thread killed here.
    • Up x 1
  17. JudgeDeath

Considering that alpha is king when talking about anti-vehicle combat ... the VS anti-vehicle weapons are looking pretty damn bad :(
    So we wont have alpha and we dont have even 50% of the dps of the others.

A tad worried here ... not going to shop asap due to this.
    • Up x 1
  18. Stew360

you are wrong because you cant judge the COMBAT efficiency only on damage output if you dont take everything in the balance you cant judge it only by raw numbers you have to know whats you can do with this weapons how it could be use in combat etc..etc.. how the weapon feel etc..

Its like saying that SMG are crap compare to Bolt action snipers because the damage input is lower per shot

its a non sens

the thing that make the VS weapons even pretty OP in a near futur are always the accuracy at range like (( mag riders )) Scythe etc..

this weapons could be a insanly anoying thing for tanks because since NC and TR tank goes pretty much in straight line and dont have the maneauvrability of the magriders , theyll be easy target with such charge pin point accuracy weapons if the damage output is anywhere higher the weapons will be game breaking

And i predict this it could already be a game breaking anoying weapons of doom like most VS design are

Only the VS stuff that share the same parametres of opther empire are acceptable i mean by that your basic rocket lmg smg ar etc..

everything thats is VS specifics are somewhere OP or easymode and super anoying to deal with so yeah
    • Up x 1
  19. Metal Insomniac

Still no Lattice? :( Damn.
    • Up x 1
  20. ickli

This is complete BS. Vanu max is getting sh&t on. the vortex does barely any damage. sure it has a high rate of fire but if you utilize that rate of fire you can't his the broad side of a barn if it's 10 feet in front of you. The TR and NC weapons do FAR mroe damage and are almost pinpoint accurate to where you shoot. Giving TR maxes the lockdown ability is also going to render air support useless since 1 max can now hold of a squad of ESFs because of the high rate of fire and reload time. Why make the vortex do so little damage and be so inaccurate. It's a railgun and so should be pinpoint accurate and do masses of damage -.-
    • Up x 3