Graphics Bug, White Flashes, Objects/Players/landscape disappears, Cant see ****

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MForp, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Aldaron

I found a solution, at least for me: change some render settings in UserOptions.ini in the main game folder -> launch the game -> should be no problems in the game. After that you can change those options back in Option menu, or close PlanetSide 2 again, paste the old settings and then launch it again.
  2. SmegmaSingles

Still happening.
  3. HarbingerAzrael

Having this problem Too, always happens at worse time
    are there any fixes yet from SOE??

i7 CPU
    Nvida GTX 670 WF3
    8GB Ram
    Windows 8
  4. eyez

This is not a bug, coz it was back in Beta days, and they never fixed it there. so i dont think SOE even trying to fix it.

I had it last night, i had a break from PS2, coz i needed a break from all the bugs... and i could se they did change some thing... but bugs are stil there...

So, if u ask me, they can stop making NEW stuff, and just fix the things they already have. :/
  5. SanDiegoDude

Happened to me twice now in the past week, both times in heavy firefights. Even in large firefights I hold 50+ fps. When it happens I drop to less than 1 FPS (game becomes a slideshow) and all objects on screen flicker in and out, leaving only skybox. I thought it was possibly related to prox chat so I disabled all voice but it was still happening. It started to ease up a little bit although the flicker was still happening then the game completely locked up. I managed to get procmon up while it was occurring and while CPU usage was higher for Planetside2 around 50% it wasn't pegging which is normally what you'd expect with massive frame drops like this in games.

Smells a lot like a memory leak to me.

Watercooled and confirmed not overheating at time of issue
    i5 2500K (not overclocked)
    AMD 7950 (not overclocked)
    16 GB RAM
    Win8
  6. fanthom

The same problem happens to me as well, I've noticed that the issue appears to block the low FPS bug when I play. Instead of having the frames drop, the scenery disappears but I get the good FPS. To be honest, between the random FPS lag and the disappearing of the graphics, I prefer option number two, as I can continue to play after the flickering stops. Just have to find a hiding spot and hope to not get killed while I am blind. The FPS lag just causes me to use the task manager to end the process and restart the game.

AMD FX-6100 3.33 GHz
    GTX 660Ti (not overclocked)
    8 GB RAM