Graphics Bug, White Flashes, Objects/Players/landscape disappears, Cant see ****

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MForp, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Dortmunder

Same thing happens to me as the video on the first page.

Decided to give this game a try, even though I hated the first one. I have a pretty good PC. I get the graphical glitches/world disappearance. Then it will completely freeze up for about 20s, fix itself, then repeat the same thing again after a minute.

Can't really say I am surprised I guess.
  2. Drunkenhero

I'd still say calm down. This is a free game that is new, give it a few more weeks for issues to be hammered out.
  3. husse

i found bug too!!!! when you climbing in a mountain and there is some huge rocks you sometimes stuck in place and after a some time you drop thrue textures but eventualy rock texture stay so you can camp there and wait until someone goes that way and shoot him :D but he didnt see you cuz you under texture climbing the rock and if you fell from that rock you die :D
  4. glohkamp

I experience this bug regularly as well, although it only seems to want to **** on me. This last time, it stayed for over 20 minutes until I died, and then it stopped. Seeing only the skybox for 95% of the time when this starts acting up is really awful. Also fix the jetpack bug, jesus ******* christ. I don't care about any content you may add or gameplay changes you want to make if you cannot/will not fix game breaking bugs SOE.
  5. Jacabon Mere

Same thing happens to me. every 20 minutes to half an hour. i need to end process and restart to fix it most times. How does a game that does this get out of beta?
  6. sokka25

I had the exact same problem yesterday..
  7. Sramos58

still happening. does anyone have an idea for a fix? its a real buzz kill.....
  8. T0R0

Nine times out of ten this shows up for me in an area between Allatum, Peris, Tawrich, and Zurvan.
    I think something is broken in the rendering and the bug is triggered by too many infantry or vehicles in the same spot, because I usually see a group close together when it happens.
  9. Eric Smith

I know of only two ways to fix it. First is to restart Planetside. The second is to get to a location where you can look only at the sky for a minute. This seems to take whatever bugged object model that's there and flush it out of memory or something and *sometimes* fixes the glitching. And sometimes it keeps glitching until you restart PS or sometimes the computer.
  10. Saavik

I get this from time to time as well, and it will either fix it self by moving out of the area or it will chunk and freeze the game up and im forced to kill the game in task manager
  11. AngerIssues

This...has been going on for months...ever since closed and open beta. I've just given up on this. I may not know how to write the code to fix this...but I find it difficult to believe that such a game-breaking glitch like this hasn't been addressed yet. It would seem SOE is far more interested in doing balance fixes and releasing new weapons then they are in stabilizing game play. That or they just don't care.
  12. Pablo Kidd

I am new to the game myself, and this problem has occurred with me several times in just a couple of hours put in. My PC is definitely not overheating, yet the issue persists. I really want to play this game, but this glitch is holding me back from doing much of anything before it bugs out. I really hope this is something that is being looked into, and gets patched soon because it is preventing me from playing a great game.
  13. Kookamunga

I HATE THIS BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  14. Franzouille1

Up ! I can't play ! That's freezing everytime since they did the last update, got the same graphics bugs ! And when it's freeze too much, my fps go to 1-5 and my game crash : planetside2.exe do not respond...
  15. Argenteus

Getting this bug in a variety of places and situations, although more rarely when flying.

Have been for months. Was hoping one of the game updates would fix it.
  16. Maer

It's a hack/glitch/bug with vehicles warping all over the place. Will be fixed soontm
  17. Nate

18. Tyleus

I had this issue as well yesterday after the first 15 minutes of play. It seemed to have froze but I held out to see if it would unfreeze. It eventually did and I pushed on. After perhaps 5 minutes of more landscape flickering in and out of existence and a couple more freezes, it cleared up and I didn't see it happen again the rest of the evening. Was quite odd.
  19. Blueduckraider50

I got Windows 8 64-bit
    16GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 670MX (3GB)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    And I still get the Graphical Glitches after a couple of hours of gameplay, and its REALLY annoying
  20. St0rmtrooper

So, this is my first post on this site and I have a question for everyone in this thread: Are you recording? The bug has happened to me lots but ONLY when I'm recording. The issue never happens when I'm not.