Graphics Bug, White Flashes, Objects/Players/landscape disappears, Cant see ****

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MForp, Nov 21, 2012.

1. NBA JAM

Here's some very interesting things to note that make me believe its a server/connection issue:

1) It almost always occurs for me during "prime time" hours (4-8pm) when most of the players are online.

2) It mostly occurs on busy servers with Very High pop. I haven't really seen it much on Medium-High pop. I can play there for hours and never get the screen flashing thing, making me believe it has nothing to do with overheating.

3) *Key Point* While on Vent with 3 other friends during the prime time hours, we all got it pretty much one after the other. One of us would get it, then the next guy would get it and so on. They have way better computers than mine with good heat sinks, so I highly doubt they're having overheating.

The lack of SOE posts tells me that they either can't figure out whats going on, or they're aware of it and don't really have a fix.
  2. spaced

Same here:

AMD FX4100 (3.6ghz quad)
    ATI 5770 - was on 12.8 now on 12.11beta 8
    8gb ddr3 2000hz
    win 7 x64

Of interest: 2 nights ago my friends and I where in mumble together and having a game (5 of us) on Woodman server. We met at warpgate and got in a galaxy. We flew to our target and all bailed out, the moment we hit the ground we ALL got this bug, all at the same time. This cannot be pc related as we are all in different places with different pc's etc. Our lag and flashing was all in-sync with each other. Yes it goes away if you leave it, sometimes quickly sometimes take a while but whilst it is happening it is like a strobe going off in your face :( Preying for a fix as I tend to get this each session.
    Lee.
  3. Amdefor

4. Pootisman

i have this bug too from time to time! very annoying. restarting the client fixes it most of the time.
  5. jabs

This happens to me occasionally. One way I seem to have, at least, reduced the likelihood of it happening is by reducing my rendering quality. I have it down to 85%, which seems to be a good place for my system.
  6. Finnboy11

Same here, except the game continues after a while. I managed to capture this bug and I also recorded the momentarily freeze.
  7. Boris

Tech support got back to me asking to...
    Please locate the UserOptions.ini file in your Planetside 2 directory, open it and replace the [Display] and [Rendering] sections with the settings listed below. Once done, go ahead and log back into the game and check if the problem continues to happen while running under these settings. If it does not, pick a setting in game, and change it back to a mid-range level and play for 15-30 minutes to check if the issue re-appears. If it does not, repeat with another setting. If you locate a setting that causes an issue, please note it down and then reduce that setting again and move on to the next setting. Once you have identified any problem settings, please post them on the forums with your system specs as well as updating this ticket with that information.

[Display]

FullscreenRefresh=0
    FullscreenWidth=1280
    FullscreenHeight=768
    WindowedWidth=1210
    WindowedHeight=977
    Maximized=0
    Mode=Windowed
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen
    RenderQuality=1.000000

[Rendering]
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=1
    LightingQuality=-1
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=0
    TerrainQuality=0
    FloraQuality=-1
    ModelQuality=0
    ParticleLOD=0
    MotionBlur=-1
    AO=0
    RenderDistance=1000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    VerticalFOV=85
    MaximumFPS=60
    UseLod0a=1

However for me the problem is quite random and not often enough to be able to troubleshoot it without taking days.
  8. Crator

^ Good info... I also have only had this happen to me once or twice. Haven't played that much though so might be why. Is anyone having this issue chronically?
  9. bishopau

Signed.

Had it happen after nearly 2.5 hrs of play today and has happened previously.

Any info we can give to the devs or coders?
  10. Vixus

A quick remedy to this problem is alt+tabbing. Always (temporarily)fixes the issue for me.
    But yes, this needs to be addressed.
  11. Intimacylube

I am also having this issue. It used to just last for the initial login 1-3 minutes and then go away for the duration of my play time, but after todays hotfix it's nonstop and basically makes the game un playable.

This really needs to get fixed.

I'm full screen 1080p and on lowest settings on everything
  12. MexelVanMexelen

Yup. This came back for me too yesterday on Miller. Was approaching Allatum with the Zerg. Close to Allatum I got the flickering and loss of world, etc. Haven't had this since the epic battle for the Crown at the end of beta :)
  13. DonnyD.

Not sure if this has been said but if you are overclocking your video card bring it back to stock and try again.
  14. FireBelcher

Any updates on this problem? I'm still running into it.. Stock ... Geforce 8800GTS.. No overclocking.
  15. Resignation

Something tells me Sony just doesn't care. Glitches like this, the engineer/medic utility guns (repair/healing) not working, ammo packs not working, so many people in an area that some people just don't render...these are prominent problems we've been facing for a long time that are almost game breaking...and yet we really don't see any progress on this stuff.
  16. C4Chaos42

This issue started happening to me ever since I've installed nvidia driver 310.70.

I have a gtx590 (SLI off because of extreme lag in the menu because of it)
  17. Tuco

Well that didn't take long, logged on and 20 seconds later my screen starts doing the seizure thing.
  18. Resignation

And my game elected to freeze for no reason 30 seconds ago. Like I said...I don't think they care.
  19. Kroktar

Same problem!
  20. PresidentFreeman

Yeah had this yesterday again, right in the middle of a zerg on a base no less, somehow managed to take a couple people down but man was it annoying.

One thing is certain, now I know I'm not epileptic/photosensitive in any way lol.