Graphics Bug, White Flashes, Objects/Players/landscape disappears, Cant see ****

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MForp, Nov 21, 2012.

1. MForp

When I play Planetside 2, I get the following bug apparently at random times
    (mostly after 10-15 minutes, sometimes directly after login)
    When I move / look around the screen flashes white (many times per second)
    In between those white flashes I can see the following:
    - Terrain gone
    - Objects gone
    - Players gone
    HUD Icons and objective Icons are still there.
    When I move around it starts flashing again, bouncing in between normal working graphics and this bugged sh*t.
    I don't think its an artifacting problem, since my comp can handle PS2 on highest settings in fights with 30-35 FPS

Here is a nice screenshot, of what my world looks like after this bug.
    Worst part is, that i need to restart the entire game (including launcher) to make it playable again untill the bug returns.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  2. OnTheJazzTR

I got the disappeared stuff a few minutes ago too, just like your screenshot. Difference for me is that it was flashing between that and how it ought to look, and had me down to 1 fps as well so I was stuck, couldn't move or anything till I restarted the game. Pretty nasty glitch, I wondered if it was my PC being not the greatest, but I can run a steady 15-20 fps the rest of the time and it didn't seem a worse battle than previous ones I'd had no major trouble in.
    • Up x 2
  3. MunsterVan

I had this problem when I was in Briggs while it was up earlier on. It was also laggy as hell (Latency lag. Not FPS lag). It might be related to latency.
  4. MForp

Might be, i actually stayed in game while posting this, the server stopped lagging now its gone.
    Hm maybe a Sync issue?
  5. Boris

Just had this after spending 5 mins queuing to log in, deployed to zurvan, 5 mins later graphics flicker and need to restart.
    Back to queuing. :mad:
  6. SJ_Wolf

This happened in Beta to me several times. I hoped it was fixed it.
  7. Alaris

I have the same prob... Anyone a reason?
  8. MForp

Hey guys, i think i found what looks like a simple "fix"
    Just stay ingame, and run around, do whatever it is you do.
    After 2-5 minutes they screen will turn back to normal.
    It is also noteworthy that this **** always appeared on laggy servers.
    So yeah
    just stay ingame, dont relog and all is well.
  9. Kanashimi

Seriously, every thing is NOT " ok", its something that works on everyone nerves, And still, not a single moderator/admin comment on this, just plainly ignoring us, and if they' re not, they sure give that vibe...
  10. Skaldir

Got the same problem, it's either it, crash or very low framerate...( and the perpetual lag on the EU servers ).
  11. Baltsar

I confirm this happens to me aswell. Not very often tho, maybe 30 minutes in-game. It's ending up in a freeze/crash sometimes
  12. RabidWombat

Changing the lighting settings will fix it....temporarily.
  13. Lunati

Just adding my +1 and a video to show the problem:

(Server: Miller [EU], all low settings (was hoping that would solve it))

CPU: i5 2500k
    Gfx: Nvidia GTX560Ti SOC
    Win 7 64b
  14. daveee

This happened to me pretty much straight away, i think its getting worse.

I7-3770
    460GTX
    Z77A-GD65
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    WINDOWS 8

LOGGED TEMPS ON GLITCH FOLLOWED BY LOW FPS CRASH:
    CPU: 60C
    GPU: 52C
  15. nibew

same here
    screen flickers at random and getting 1 fps
    also alot of game freeze after these "hotfixes"
  16. Osskscosco

Same, and after a few minutes it crashes.
  17. SystemShot

same here,

i get this bug after freezes or fpsdrops ......

thats damn ****! i nerver had this problems in the beta and yet ? welcome back to alpha ?.....
    • Up x 2
  18. Mestizo

I too, experience this problem. Also had this a couple of times during the beta. It appear to happen pretty random. I do not think it is caused by low end computers nor overheating. I do see alot of nvidia cards here.

Intel i7 2600k
    Nvidia EVGA GTX 580
    8 GB DDR3
    Windows 7

I hope this information helps to solve the problem. We probably have to wait for a new nvidia driver update, though. :)
  19. Arforyon

Same problem here but after a minute or two of flashing, the game freezes and i have to terminate process and restart the game.
  20. Moonbutt

Same problem. Would like to see a fix.