[BUG] Glimps of hope... Crushed.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Timeraider, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Ztiller

The infiltrator Does actually have 100 less health or shield. Can't remember which.

Still though, on these forums if you do something good, it is the fault of the enemies, if you do something bad it is the fault of the class.
  2. Yunzura

That is merely your perception and nice vid, you have a sweet spree of 17. kudos on holding your cover for so long. as the video goes on you can see your patience get tested and eventually wane..still you had more than i do. it is kinda apples and oranges from mine as the difficulty in your video lies in the length of time you managed to stay alive around such a larger number of opposing infantry where my video is toe to toe. they can see me, i know they can see me, i let them know they can see me, then i stab them..... the difficulty of the kills in my video is different from yours and i am not tearin ya down by sayin that. however i will end by saying that my aggressive recon style may prove the advantage against slow and patient cause in a duel, i wont be hanging out repairing the sundy. o_O
    • Up x 1
  3. Jex =TE=

So full of wrong and where does any of this say my gameplay is poor? Try playing the game sometime and you might actually know what you're talking about

"infi's have the same shields" L M A O
    • Up x 1
  4. Jex =TE=

It's shields though I don't think he's played since beta ;)
  5. Ztiller

True, true. They are two complete different playstyles. But also note that i did not use my pistol at all during my video. I made it more of a Stunt, to see how many i could kill with knife only. Many of yours were during the day, i doubt i would have done as good during day etc. A bunch of different variables. But still, you asked for knife-kills, so :p

Yeah, when you reach a high enough killstreak you get reckless. You're pretty much just trying to take as many with you before you go.
    • Up x 1
  6. Yunzura

I know the feeling!!!!:eek:
  7. Yunzura

Shhhh! give the public no more secrets today!!!
    I am retracting this pro tip as it endangers my ability to hear those flat-footed, loud-spotting, heavy breathing covies coming! :D
  8. Kaisuke7

Why don't they just have it so when and infil. is using smg its what it is now or a bit less, and when sniping far less. but there really is no reason to have a "cloak" of all things be lower than a gun shot. is this a stealth class? You say it would be unfair yet infil. still has 100 less shield so why give them another nerf on top of that? But then I look at light assault and see the jet pack cant be heard past 25m yes they can have a shot gun. Its just as bad cuz the l.a can fly away if things get tough or to reload. yet they still have full shield. Smgs is good at close range but against a shotgun little to none, on top of that the cloak can be easily seen so that 3 different nerfs just for a tacky cloak. A cloak imo should not a make much sound at all im sure you can agree. They don't really care much for the class at the moment well see if they ever do.
  9. Kaisuke7

Amen, what ive been think for the longest time. I sneak carefully as quietly as the so called cloak will allow, yet I get found out, this cloak shouldn't rely on the targets skill but my skill. Its like having the H.A shield keep the from moving when activated, or L.A jetpack doesn't work if someones is shooting at you, dumb right? makes no since that a cloak makes sounds equivalent to a gun shot, and can be seen that well. If im tryn to my job why do I have to hope the targets are ********? Give us tools that work because they are built to work and do this job. You don't send a garbage truck to put out a fight right.
    • Up x 1
  10. Stinneyt

Nice work on BR 1-6's. Sadly that doesnt fly any longer.
  11. VelcroPudding

you guys could just vote with your time and money and quit playing if this is annoying you.

I haven't even logged into the game in a month now, I just hop on the forums once in a while to see if anything has changed.
    But, alas, you will keep logging in and dealing with frustration rather than hopping on some new games that aren't annoying you.
  12. Rhinzual

That video is like, from beta isn't it? I don't think I've seen such idiotic players in forever and the guy keeps doing cut-aways, likely to show how many people wised up and turned around and killed him.
  13. Dr. Euthanasia

You want the real King of Infiltrators?

No cut-aways, no cloak, no camouflage, and far higher enemy density. Any class can be destructive behind enemy lines. Any class can get behind enemy lines without class-specific tools. It's about time that some people admit this and take a good look at just what the Infiltrator class brings to the table with that in mind.

It's the shields. You can tell because with Nanoweave Armor (Rank 5), you can survive bolt-action sniper headshots at long range, meaning your total health is greater than 1000. Were it health, that extra 25% would bring us up from 400 to 500, and therefore exactly at the level as a stock infantryman, which wouldn't be enough. Instead, we have 1025.

Also, you keep saying "if you do something bad, it's the fault of the class", but I haven't ever seen anyone make that argument here. The few people who do come here to share their stories about how they were seen at massive distances with their cloak active only ever get talked down by people like you, who think the class is fine and everyone is completely accountable for its failures. I've certainly never suggested that failing as this class is a personal problem, in any case.
    • Up x 2
  14. Cybah

Guys, put down the bottle that says "Crazy Pills" DONT EAT THOSE. they are making you crazy

this thread is about a BUG that makes a skill do the opposite of its intended purpose. Why would u even argue this?? Why are we talking about Liberators and knife fights?? We talking about a core skill of the class that is supposed to aid us in our role, but yet so routinely gets us killed because of something beyond our control. We arent saying the class is broken, we just want this core element to our gameplay FIXED.

if heavys had a bug that instead of giving them an extra sheild, removed their current shield, that would be a bug that makes them "less heavy" and we should all agree to getting that fixed. ASA PLEASE

But yet our responses would be 'Heavys are an amazing class that can shoot Liberators out of the sky with their missles. L2P"

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  15. GSZenith

doooh why don't you ppl get it, the cloak is a tool used to announce there is a inf in the building! thus everyone runs around looking for you, thats why it makes such a load sound.
    Oh and the black box, it is so ppl know you are over there and ofc they just have to go and kill you, boom headshot from bolt action!. it all make sense.
    • Up x 1
  16. Tykune

Every time I see someone saying that the current cloak for the infiltrators is fine, I kind of wanna smack them in the face because I know they are playing a different class other than infiltrator. I have a certain playstyle that I like to adhere to and the patch before all hell went loose fitted it perfectly. I was able to use the terrain to peek out and fire at people from a distance, giving them a challenge at finding me and actually gunning to chase me down. I found this quite fun, as I was able to cloak and run like freaken hell to get away. Half the time I got away, other times I didn't. It was the thrill of the chase.

This has changed dramaticly, as even while I am crouched and over 300 meters away, stealthed as I aim up a shot, I get attacked from everyone because they are able to see me almost clearly.

I know that becoming more visible during running while stealth is something that was intentionally added, but this makes it nigh impossible to even get away from closing enemies, since all they have to do is line up the sight on the white blotch and fire away.

Another thing I do not like is the fact when you stealth and unstealth, everyone in the entire base can hear you, especially if you are sneaking in by yourself to set the base up for attack (ie hacking, overloading generators, and the sort). This leads to the inability to get in without being detected and cause some noticable damage for your incoming team. Not to mention that when you stealth when someone is coming, so they dont see you, they damn well hear you cloaking and look around for you.

The point of being an INFILTRATOR is to not be heard or spotted when INFILTRATING. Cloaking is just a way of telling everyone around you 'HEY, I'M A (FACTION)* INFILTRATOR AND I AM THIS FAR AWAY! COME GET ME!" *Each faction has their own unique sounding cloaking.

In my opinion, and I am sure most dedicated infiltrators agree, that the cloak changes/bugs was pretty much a shotgun shoved up our *** and fired off repeatively.

While I will admit that the current cloak is still managable (just barely), a lot of fixing needs to be done.

Also, if my cloaking is going to be that loud, I want to at least change the sound effect to Skrillex music so I can die while sounding awesome.
  17. Tykune

For one thing, that is not an infiltrator. That is a light assault who is using a jet pack to fly down to people and shoot/knife them while at the same time hoping he doesn't get killed too fast while causing as much damage as he can. I can personally say, playing as a strictly dedicated infiltrator, that I have more skill in my *** crack than the guy in that video. How about you get some REAL infiltrator videos to prove a point and nothing before the patch, because infiltrators were rocking then. Also, Vanu faction is for nubs. No bullet drop offs on their sniper rifles = no skill in aiming.

Overall, that post is just full of stupidity from above the video and one paragraph below it. The rest of the post looks professionally thought out though.
  18. Dr. Euthanasia

Wow. I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you're getting angry over satire or the fact that you're completely and objectively wrong. I guess I'll start with the latter, though.

All VS Bolt-Action sniper rifles have bullet drop. The semi-automatic ones and all other weapons, do not. I, personally, use the Parallax, which is identical in every single aspect to the Longshot and RAMS .50 of the NC and TR respectively.

Regarding the video, the whole point has clearly gone over your head (Ha! Get it?), because I wasn't trying to use it as a demonstration of skill. The simple, undeniable fact is that a Light Assault player was several times more effective at getting up behind a bunch of oblivious idiots and knifing them than the Infiltrator from an earlier video. Using the ability to knife people as a measure of how good an Infiltrator is, as the original poster of that video was doing, I have therefore demonstrated that Light Assaults are better Infiltrators than actual Infiltrators are.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jellyman_E

cloak works perfectly, it stinks on lower settings but you can overcome that buy hiding in darker, or shadowy areas, just don't forget to crouch and stay still till your safe. your not going to stand and hide from an attacker in your driveway are you? I would think you would hide in or behind a bush. im so tired of people saying that infiltrator is broken. if you don't like it don't play it.
  20. Tykune

Okay, so I was slightly wrong in that VS Bolt Action rSniper Rifles do not have a bullet drop (though I will take your word on it). I was still right about VS guns having no bullet drop, regardless. But as to your video, you dont go comparing apples to oranges, regardless. All classes have a knife, and each one has an easier/harder time in using it, and infiltrators do have a much harder (and less frequent) time of usage since they risk getting up close and getting shot right down. Not sure who posted about knifing skills showing how good an infiltrator is, but regardless, I had found the video to be a slight mockery towards Infiltrators and had reacted accordingly towards it, thinking you were an idiot just being an idiot.