[BUG] Glimps of hope... Crushed.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Timeraider, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Timeraider

Since about 2 days now cloaking at me got fixed. I can barely see infils and the cloak works perfect enemies ive seen. I was really happy since my settings have not changed, my hardware has not changed and neither have my gpu settings or anything else so i thought t was fixed.
    Then i asked my outfitmembers how they see infils now and if it changed... Simply said.. "Nope, still freaking huge black boxes".
    Seriously SOE, the cloak as i see it now ,atm i play on lowest settings,but it looks like the cloak people on high settings see (the workig one), is perfect. The fact that this hasnt been hotfixed yet boggles me. Put a damn dev on the job to make a cloak that does not rely on certain special effects which can be enabled and disabled or are changed by gpu features.
    Do something even if you have to trow the cloak as it is now away and have to recode the whole damn thing.
    We wanted SMG for other stuff then snipig and with the same patch you took away our sneakiness.
    We have 100 less health, mostly less dmg guns and no special ability aside from a "cloak" which works like a freaking sign for 50% of the players.
    Not saying there isnt a wat to be sneaky now, but saying being able to be sneaky should not be a rarity/lucky moment, it should be closer to a freaking passive thing of infils.

Couldnt take it anymore... I can take alot and usually i dont rant but had to get rid of this.
    • Up x 2
  2. Kaisuke7

They need to either give it 100% invisibility or change the cloak sound to no more than 10m or same as the rocket pack l.a have; and make the invisibility in stages 5m you look the way we look now ( a glowing sign saying shoot me now); 10m, core is very hard to see(when I say very hard to see sony, I don't mean for a legal blind person) 25m and beyond whole body is very hard to see, past 50m 100% invisible. Its a d@mn shame I can spot someone cloak over 500 meters away. Can someone explain why the l.a jet pack is so silent, yet can propel a grown man/woman 100 feet into the air...
    • Up x 2
  3. Ztiller

*sigh*

No, Kaisuke, apart from the Black-silhouette bug, there is nothing wrong with the current cloak.
    • Up x 2
  4. Kaisuke7

are you sure?
  5. hammyhamm

Yes we are sure
  6. Kaisuke7

care to elaborate stranger to this conversation?
  7. santuckcasper

i agree with you, but d***, that was some bad spelling errors man.........
  8. iller

If you're looking for other players who actually cared about this class Kaisu, you're in the wrong place.
  9. Kaisuke7

lol what are you talkn bout?
  10. iller

some people only track forums by frequency rather than hierarchy in order to PvP or troll quicker
  11. Kaisuke7

understood
  12. Tenebrae Aeterna

In anything exceeding medium to close range, I agree. For long range sniping purposes..cloak is perfectly fine.

Edit:

Though, again, I have to specify that I've not played since New Years...so if the cloak has improved since then, I'll have to reevaluate my opinion.
  13. giltwist

Don't sigh like that. People like Dr. Euthenasia have frequently posted long and well-reasoned arguments for problems with the cloak even prior to GU2's bug-fest. Long story short: Every possible limitation that's ever been in a game regarding stealth mechanics is in place SIMULTANEOUSLY on PS2. It's an over-correction for a legitimate concern. However, if there's anything I find personally convincing it is the cinematic trailer, which clearly demonstrated total invisibility.
    • Up x 3
  14. Wobberjockey

remember, this is THE ztiller you're talking to. his videos are proof that the cloak is working flawlessly, and that all that is necessary to succeed is a bunch of enemies with the situational awareness of a brick.

oh, and a complete disregard for any of the objectives in this objective based game.
    • Up x 4
  15. Timeraider

God, how can some people still see this as a feature or test from SoE... On high settings and most medium setting cloak works perfect, its just that 90% of low settings can see you clearly.
    If this was intended cloak would suck for all settings, soe is just ******* up the cloak more and more :)
  16. Bloodmyth

Please don't speak for me, IMO the cloak is very badly designed, even without the bug the cloak gives away your position due to jet engine volume cloaking sound, and with my headphones I can tell which direction you're at and how close. Without the bug I've never had an issue seeing an inf moving either especially these days when I'm used to looking for them. How anyone thinks our cloak is fine is beyond me.
    • Up x 4
  17. Soylent

If the cloak looked on all settings like it does on high it would be fine.

If they made it possible to shoot when cloaked but that caused you to de-cloak and possibly get a cooldown on your cloak activation (no cooldown if you manually de-cloak before shooting) it would be amazing.

The sound I'm not really bothered by.
  18. DumarDomar

I have to say that the cloaking works well at some illuminations. But those illuminations depend on the night/day cycle and the filter of the map (for example Indar got 3 filters there).

The night/day cycle its what making the variable works differently, for example at some time the cloak looks freaking white while at some time later at the same place it gets dark.

Someone should make a video of that because my computer can't try to do that :D
  19. Ztiller

And i have posted multiple videos of me succeeding regardless of my limitations. So have other infiltrators. However on these forums, if you fail it is the fault of the infiltrator, but if you succeed it is the fault of your enemies.

Actually no. In the trailer you can see the blur of Infiltrators dropping down from the ledges, so not even there does it feature complete invisibility. But even if it did, it also shows Light Assaults shooting through the armor of Galaxies, but you can't do that In-game. Does that make you feel cheated as well?

Long story short, if you can't adapt to the infiltrator, you are simply bad at using the class. The cloak isn't perfect. It doesn't need to be perfect. If you need a perfect cloak to infiltrate, then you are the bad factor, not the cloak.

Trying to blame my success by claiming that 99% of all players in Planetside are stupid will not help you.

But as i have already stated, this subforum is ridiculous. It is one massive circle-jerk about how bad the infiltrator is, and if you don't agree then your whole server is bad or you are a troll. Often both.
    • Up x 2
  20. Wobberjockey

i now fully understand the depth of your delusion.

this entire forum isn't about how bad the forums is

this entire forum is about the following fact
    ANY INFILTRATORS SUCCESS IS MORE DEPENDENT ON HIS OPPONENTS SKILLS THAN IT IS ON ANY SKILL THEY POSSESS!

or put another way

YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING RIGHT, AND STILL LOSE

there have been pages upon pages and threads upon threads detailing how having a mechanic where success is based on the opponents skill is bad., but here are the highlights
    • As the games aggrigate skill gets higher, the mechanic gets weaker
    • There is very little the player can do to grow, and so they feel frustrated by the class/weapon
    • Advanced players have a titanic advantage vs the class/weapon, to the point of functional immunity. they know how to play to neutralize the class/skill's advantages.
    now, i KNOW you're going to write this off Ztiller, because that is what you do, but the SABRE launcher in Tribes ascend did the EXACT SAME THING.
    you pointed it at the enemy, and if they were in the air too long, or in a vehicle, you locked on and fired a homing missile. you didn't even need to aim the thing, and you could not control it's flight at all. it could not be dumb fired, and an aware player could shoot the missile down mid flight
    Within months, the whole weapon system was regarded as a joke.
    if you were killed by a sabre it was a mark of shame. especially for a capper.

NOBODY in TA saw a SABRE kill as a mark skill for the jug who fired it, because there truly was none. they just sat there and spammed locks until they found a dumb person/capper mid route, and fired. in the case of the capper. the missile would slam into the ground, whereas for the dumb person, well they get a kill. it was quite literally the least rewarding weapon in the game.

so, your continued insistence that the cloaking mechanics in this game are fine and do not need help are damning infiltrators to eventual existence where everyone can see us a mile away BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR. Just last night I was head-shotting cloaked infiltrators on the TI-Crown bridge who were sniping at the crown.

they cloaked before they moved out of cover
    they lined up their shots carefully
    and i pulled the trigger and hit them in the head because i could see them plain as day... on HIGH settings.
    They did everything right for sniping and they still lost. I wouldn't be surprised if I got reported for hacking a few times last night because of it.

then we had a few infiltrators try the ztiller school of infiltrating.

i heard him uncloak, even amongst the din of a CROWN BATTLE
    i shot the ground with my sensor dart, and saw him on the minimap.
    and when i came around the corner, he had cloaked and started running away.
    i filled him full of manticore rounds.

keep in mind I NEVER SAW HIM until i shot him.
    I figure he spent 3-4 minutes creeping up the side of the crown undetected, but i heard his cloak over the sounds of maxes and AV cannons pouring fire into a TR tank zerg.

again. he did everything right, but he still lost because ONE PLAYER heard him and hunted him down.

the sum total of the limits SOE has placed on us is that if ANYONE manages to infiltrate successfully, it's in spite of the cloak, not because of it. (and heaven forbid that you be able to do anything but rack up kills once you get there.)
    • Up x 7