[Suggestion] Give NC Reaver a weapon like M14 Banshee/Light PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Hegeteus

I actually prefer AH over PPA(which I used only a little though). It feels much faster and makes engagements more fun somehow. Also doesn't totally suck against ESFs.
  2. Dieter Perras

one really good pilot allow stopped an entire squad from being able to leave the spawn room using this weapon, I don't see how it's UP.
  3. SeanFree

One good heavy could probably do the same.

I have a tip for people who get killed by an AirHammer...pull heavy, dumbfire and laugh. It often works because the drop off range requires extremely close proximity to the target.
  4. Dieter Perras

dude he was circling super fast good luck hitting that

also one heavy can't keep 12 guys in a spawnroom
  5. Clapeyron

It's the banshee that is too good, not AH too bad.

The TTK on infantry even from great ranges with it is ridiculous- brrrt - and bingo.

The PPA needs sustained fire to kill at least, and it's near impossible to win any air engagement with it.

Also the ability to combine either wing mounted weapon with the farm nose gun is OP broken.
    Banshee/coyote ***** everything except tanks and tanks can't Hunt ESF's (they can occasionally kill them though)

Nerf the banshee and maybe even the PPA instead
  6. Goretzu

Certainly compared to the Banshee (no risk, sat 300m away). :D
  7. Alarox

In all my experience being shot at by the Banshee, it usually consists of me seeing a hovering Mosquito 150m away then dying instantly.

I remember an instance of having my MAX insta-killed by one of our outfit's pilots who was on his alt... we all laughed about it TS but agreed it was ridiculous.
    • Up x 2
  8. NinjaTurtle

AH is fine as is. It looks bad when compared to the Banshee however because that thing is high reward no risk. The TTK is too fast for the ranges it can be used.

The AH is very effective but you need to be at very close range.

It should be one or the other. You either get a weapon that keeps you out of harms way but has a longer TTK or you get a high TTK but puts you in harms way
  9. DrPapaPenguin

Banshee? Long range? Sure, if you want to scratch the paint off the armor. If you actually want to kill something, you fly in close and personal.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kriegson

This.

"I can kill one AA max before he kills me!"
    By flying within 20 feet and carefully lining up your single shot boomstick to ensure all pellets hit the target.

Meanwhile PPA/Banshee -Brrrrrrt/pewpewpew wash rinse repeat-
  11. MrSilk

I have NEVER seen someone use an AH against infantry before.. it's always rocketpods/nosegun
  12. Goretzu

It is very good up close, but it is amazingly effectice at very long ranges too.
  13. Magma52

I'm sorry, but I call this a TR downplaying the Banshee because you fear an incoming nerf. It's the same reason so many VS say that PPA is not very good. The Banshee has a very high TTK from a long range. It's plain for everyone to see.

They need to either nerf the Banshee/Light PPA or give NC something similar.
  14. Magma52

15. LightningPro

And NC is downplaying the M30 Mustang. Sure it`s for closer range but it works well against Infantry
    and in Dogfights. Banshee is superior for killing Infantry but worst Nose gun at Mosuito for all other
    situations.
    I agree TTK is a bit to fast against MAX.
    • Up x 1
  16. SeanFree

Sounds like you guys got outplayed.
  17. Ztiller

Unfortunately, right now the Banshee is better than the PPA against ground, while retaining it's decent AA capabilities.
    • Up x 1
  18. Axehilt

That works too, with the obvious implications that (a) it is increased to function at medium range against infantry targets like Banshee/LPPA can but (b) it is decreased to be just as good as those weapons against aircraft and other vehicles.
  19. axiom537

Or better yet un-nerf the Air hammer. The Air hammer had its max damage range nerfed from 150m all the way down to 50m, which is all but knifing range. Split the difference and move the max damage max range up to 100m.
  20. MarkAntony

If anything we need less easy ways for vehicles to farm infantry. Not more.

Just remove thermal and I won't be annoyed by those things anymore.